norman chad is the best poker host...

I was watching the re-run of the Poker Championship at the Plaza on Fox and oh my god Chris Rose and Howard "the boring" Lederer makes me so sleepy. Who the heck hire these book worm to host a Poker Tourney. By far ESPN's Norman Chad and WPT's Mike Sexton are the top 2. What's your thoughts on the subject?

I like Lederer's analysis actually.
i agree norm chad is kinda funny but howards insights and analysis are informative as are mike sextons ..if youre looking to just be entertained than norm is the guy if you wanna learn watch howard
May I ask when and where? Are you friends with Howard?No, no. I COULD not I HAVE. Never met the man. Talked to Annie Duke for about 20 minutes about linguistics once though.
I'm sorry I feel so stupid, I read your post too quick...I get what you mean...Don't get me wrong, I'm talking about good TV but If you talking about picking their brains for a good Poker Talk then, I'm with Howard all the way!

he's funny period...and if you are the 06 WSOP Champion, I hope he makes your card playing more enjoyable on ESPN."If there isn't any luck envolve in Poker, I would win every hand" Phil Hellmuth Jr 89 WSOP Champion

Norman Chad is much worse of a commentator than Howard Lederer... He knows very little about poker, and he's not even that funny! All his "material" is just about how he got married a lot of times, and that he and his mom are crazy... Lederer is far more intellectual and far more entertaining.

Chad can be a funny guy but I think that sometimes he tries too hard for a joke. Howard gives very insightful analysis and explains why a play is good or bad

Guest Anonymous

I think this guy is ripping off my thread on who is the best and worse commentators. Norman Chad is as funny as ASS LINT. The guy just is plain retarded. I apoligize to any Retarded people I have offended.

Don't ge me wrong, I like Chad too, but I could watch Lederer comment on a NL cash game for 12 hours straight and not be bored by it.
i could not agree with you more. norman chads comment about meeting his wife at a jiffy lube made me laugh for like 15 minutes. also lederers in depth analysis of the game is unrivaled, truly world class. if you are looking for "one-line zingers" stick with chad/sexton/and van patton. otherwise, there is no commentator on tv that offer as much insight into the players' minds as lederer does.

I think Norman Chad is hilarious. He's always making references to his 2nd wife etc...I think it would be great to get Norman Chad and Howard Lederer commentating together.

I think it would be great to get Norman Chad and Howard Lederer commentating together.I'd like that.Not as much as I'd like to see Lederer, Chad, and Phil Gordon get 20 minutes in a dark room with Van Patten, but still, it'd be intresting.

I think this guy is ripping off my thread on who is the best and worse commentators. Norman Chad is as funny as ASS LINT. The guy just is plain retarded. I apoligize to any Retarded people I have offended.
Agreed. He's a middleaged jackass who is seemingly constantly telling crappy jokes that have me more on the crying half of the spectrum rather than laughing.
I think Norman Chad is hilarious. He's always making references to his 2nd wife etc...I think it would be great to get Norman Chad and Howard Lederer commentating together.
I thought this topic was a joke when I first saw it. Chad is possibly the least funny man on television. Every single joke feels like he sat in his basement for hours watching the replays trying to write material for the post-tourney taping of the commentary. Honestly, listen to his jokes and you can tell how rehearsed and forced they are. I find it painful to listen to him.Personally, I like Lederer. He is informative, and it is like getting a free poker lesson from one of the top players in the world. I am not looking for standup comedy when I watch poker.Also, my girlfriend thinks that Chad is funny, which is another sign that he is not.

Also, my girlfriend thinks that Chad is funny, which is another sign that he is not.That is fricken hilarious. what would happen if Norman Chad lost his index cards with all the jokes on 'em? He might actually have to talk about the hand being played...