7 stud convertest (and showing off)

Not really strategy related, but I plan to post some Stud hands soon (I am learning the game) so I need to make sure I got the converter working.This is a good starting hand, right? :wink: For anyone who cares, I just called the flop raise to get the overcall. I think that is correct?7 Card Stud High ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (hand converter (use internet explorer))3rd StreetSeat 0: xx xx J:spade: ___foldsHero: A:spade: A:club: A:heart: ___callsSeat 4: xx xx 2:diamond: ___brings in ___callsSeat 5: xx xx A:diamond: ___calls ___callsSeat 6: xx xx J:diamond: ___raisesSeat 7: xx xx 6:club: ___folds4th StreetHero: A:spade: A:club: A:heart: 8:club: ___betsSeat 4: xx xx 2:diamond: Q:club: ___foldsSeat 5: xx xx A:diamond: 6:spade: ___callsSeat 6: xx xx J:diamond: T:club: ___calls5th StreetHero: A:spade: A:club: A:heart: 8:club: J:club: ___betsSeat 5: xx xx A:diamond: 6:spade: 7:club: ___callsSeat 6: xx xx J:diamond: T:club: 4:club: ___folds6th StreetHero: A:spade: A:club: A:heart: 8:club: J:club: 8:heart: ___betsSeat 5: xx xx A:diamond: 6:spade: 7:club: K:heart: ___callsRiverHero: A:spade: A:club: A:heart: 8:club: J:club: 8:heart: 8:diamond: ___betsSeat 5: xx xx A:diamond: 6:spade: 7:club: K:heart: xx ___folds

I like the call/call pre-flop. But why lead out on fourth like that? Maybe let the pre-flop raiser lead out, and from there you can just call (keeping people in if you like to take risks) or can check-raise?I play more Stud Hi/Lo so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. :wink:

uhh, you don't want to use holdem talk when trying to talk about stud, there is no flop in stud. the call was fine. I'd maybe check either 4th street or 5th street looking to CR it, but really you played it fine

uhh, you don't want to use holdem talk when trying to talk about stud, there is no flop in stud. the call was fine. I'd maybe check either 4th street or 5th street looking to CR it, but really you played it fine
Flop schmop...you knew what I meant. :wink:
Flop schmop...you knew what I meant. :wink:
i was raggin on absolute :club: , but you work too :D
I like the call/call pre-flop. But why lead out on fourth like that? Maybe let the pre-flop raiser lead out, and from there you can just call (keeping people in if you like to take risks) or can check-raise?
I couldn't have said it better myself. :wink:

Nothing wrong with that, but I believe that the better players at this game would advocate a different line than the one you took more times than not. Perhaps not though. :wink:

sorry people but i usually prefer fastplaying my big hands.maybe youve heard of it?
IN SS1 Reese in his stud section says to wait until fifth street to show any real aggression with any rolled up hand. Just my two cents,
sorry people but i usually prefer fastplaying my big hands.maybe youve heard of it?
This is seven stud. Different game. Unless you've got a raising war going on 3rd or 4th, wait until 5th - especially when you have the monster of all monsters. I've played tons of stud and don't think I've ever had rolled-up As. Get paid while you can.