i hate guys like this!!!

NL SNG, this one guy has been playing like a maniac all game and I'm just sitting waiting for my chance to trap him. He keeps going all in and a couple people call him once in a while, but mostly he's stealing blinds, and post-flop pots.He is now the big stack and there are 5 of us left. I'm holding KJ0. Flop comes K,7,2 rainbow. Blinds are at 25/50....he bets 100, and I call. Turn brings a J, and I have top 2 pair. He puts me all in, I call right away. He is holding 10-7. I've got him right where I want him. Trying to bully me into folding, but I have the superior hand, until a 7 comes on the river and I'm out.Doesn't that just piss you off when guys like this catch there cards when you've waited and outplayed them??

hehe.....all i seem yo read on this site is little girls whining about stupid bad beats such as this one..........this is just poker.....cry me a river....if you don't like getting occasionally beaten don't play poker moron......i view a bad beat as on that secures a bad beat jackpot

hehe.....all i seem yo read on this site is little girls whining about stupid bad beats such as this one..........this is just poker.....cry me a river....if you don't like getting occasionally beaten don't play poker moron......i view a bad beat as on that secures a bad beat jackpot
hehehe, I love forum trolls that have 8 posts that whine about whiners on a board that was BUILT for people to whine on. This is the bad beats board. Its what its here for. Duh.
NL SNG, this one guy has been playing like a maniac all game and I'm just sitting waiting for my chance to trap him. He keeps going all in and a couple people call him once in a while, but mostly he's stealing blinds, and post-flop pots.He is now the big stack and there are 5 of us left. I'm holding KJ0. Flop comes K,7,2 rainbow. Blinds are at 25/50....he bets 100, and I call. Turn brings a J, and I have top 2 pair. He puts me all in, I call right away. He is holding 10-7. I've got him right where I want him. Trying to bully me into folding, but I have the superior hand, until a 7 comes on the river and I'm out.Doesn't that just censored you off when guys like this catch there cards when you've waited and outplayed them??
Why don't you become this guy? That will solve your problem. And I am not flaming, I am being serious.Justin

I had almost the exact same hand happen to me when I played the PartyPoker new player freeroll.I managed to get to the final table with the 3rd highest stack. As soon as we get to the final table, this one small stack starts raising people's blinds every hand and then going all-in on the flop every time. The first person to call him actually runs into a big hand, so he gets to the point where we have about equal chipstacks. Along comes my BB and he raises to 4xBB from middle position. I've got KQo and since he's been stealing blinds for a while, I call him not putting him on a premium hand and call.Flop comes KQX and he, like clockwork, goes all-in. Given his past patterns and the fact that I called, I figure I pretty much hit my ideal flop so I call him. He turns over...69o. He didn't even have a pair. Until the turn...6. But I was still alright. Until the river...6. Instead of being big stack at a tourney with a top prize of over $1k, I was all but out in tenth earning $50 for my 3+ hours of play.I feel your pain...it sucks.

NL SNG, this one guy has been playing like a maniac all game and I'm just sitting waiting for my chance to trap him.  He keeps going all in and a couple people call him once in a while, but mostly he's stealing blinds, and post-flop pots.He is now the big stack and there are 5 of us left.  I'm holding KJ0.  Flop comes K,7,2 rainbow.  Blinds are at 25/50....he bets 100, and I call.  Turn brings a J, and I have top 2 pair.  He puts me all in, I call right away.  He is holding 10-7.  I've got him right where I want him.  Trying to bully me into folding, but I have the superior hand, until a 7 comes on the river and I'm out.Doesn't that just censored you off when guys like this catch there cards when you've waited and outplayed them??
you had top pair with a jack kicker and from your post i imagine you had to think you were in the lead after the flop. why not show some aggression and raise or move in on him after he bets 100 on the flop? if he folds, you can't get outdrawn and you've established that you're willing to play back at him. if he calls, you're a good favorite to win anyway.

Oh well, but over time you'll win. Believe me, I have had far worse bad beats.

:shock: what forum are you in?........................BADBEAT???????????????

Why do people get mad at aggressive play?People swear that A8 should defeat QK EVERY time, when it's 45/55. If you are short-stacked and make it into any sort of final table, or even heads-up, you need to push ALOT. Steal the blinds, make the big stacks worry, and most of all, you need to get lucky. That implies that you're Q5 suited takes down AK, which is really not that bad of odds. People call things like QQ to AK a "coin-flip," but they call things like Q5 to AK a "suck out," when they are actually somewhat similar in odds. In fact, it's actually a bad idea to be aggressive with hands like Ace - rags when you are short stacked because a call from Ace- higher rag will have you dominated, unlike having 910 suited or the like.As for the OP and that maniac, he got lucky, sucks to be you, you played it right. However, if you play a full 8 hour day you will see that or worse 2-4 times. Just have to get used to it.