you guys will love this one

After watching the Wpt Championship last night, I take back all the things i said about Tuan Le. I dont know how many of you guys saw it but he really played his heart out . It seemed more as if Maxfield was the suck out artist. Anyone else see it?

There were suckouts on both sides. One of Maxfields suckouts was a resuckout. Tuan got that 7 to win that big pot to keep him in the tournament. I'm sure everyone on the final table sucked out at some point.

Yeah, I saw the later parts.Tuan was at the distant 3rd place at the beginning, but he was calm, patient, in control, and maintained his aggressive style. But even thought he was loose aggressive, he still knew when to fold, when to bluff at the right times.I was amazed at how he played against Maxfield's A :club: 8 :D . Great read, great bluff. Also when he flopped his bottom pair, he folded it when Maxfield bet the minimum (he made the str8 on the flop )and Hansan merely called with his 66, I was surprised he didn't reraise but fold according to his super aggressive style. That proved one thing "Strong means weak, weak means strong". Great read.I think he will have a good future like Phil Ivey, his eyes are like Phil's.

was i the only one that thought phil ivey was way to agressive considering the other 2 super agressive players?...I thought the AQ play was fine, but an over the top with AJ...twice?...offsuit both times...

I was amazed at how he played against Maxfield's A :club: 8 :D . Great read, great bluff.
Um do you actually think he put him on top 2 pair????Theres no way he would've tried to bluff if he knew that. His Read was WRONG.That Max guy just made a terrible laydown thats all
Yeah, I saw the later parts.Tuan was at the distant 3rd place at the beginning, but he was calm, patient, in control, and maintained his aggressive style. But even thought he was loose aggressive, he still knew when to fold, when to bluff at the right times.I was amazed at how he played against Maxfield's A :club: 8 :D . Great read, great bluff. Also when he flopped his bottom pair, he folded it when Maxfield bet the minimum (he made the str8 on the flop )and Hansan merely called with his 66, I was surprised he didn't reraise but fold according to his super aggressive style. That proved one thing "Strong means weak, weak means strong". Great read.I think he will have a good future like Phil Ivey, his eyes are like Phil's.
Let's not go crazy here. He had a few great tournaments is all. Ivey is a top tournament player and one of the best cash gamers in the world. It's way too early to say something like this.Ivey's eyes are hilarious, btw.

zim, i'm with you ....not to profile, but the asian players have an intimidating/ no fear image at tables...in looks and playing style...probably why they asian players are doing so well in recent years.

I don't necessarily think it is the asian players. I mean, I'm not intimidated by looking at Scotty Nguyen or John Phan. I just think it's something individual to Tuan.

Theres no way he would've tried to bluff if he knew that. His Read was WRONG. It's the board that Tuan thinks his opponent can't call his bet. The board makes possible hands from 3 of a kind to flush to boat, and he knew his opponent was tight weak.It's just like Daniel against Habit once, Daniel knew Habit made top pair Ace, but he knew that Habit knew Daniel was a loose aggressive player, and by the board's coordination Daniel made a bet that Habit couldn't call.Did you hear the interview with Tuan, "If you play headsup, who will you choose?". Tuan said Maxfield because he thought Maxfield was a softspot.Let's not go crazy here. He had a few great tournaments is all. Ivey is a top tournament player and one of the best cash gamers in the world. It's way too early to say something like this. All the young players start at somewhere, like Daniel, Phils, ... Don't they?

Is it just me, or does Tuan Le just look scary at the table? With his shaved head and those eyes, he just looks intimidating.
Yeah...and when he talks to you with his lisp....it makes you crap your pants....... :club:

Does anybody think that Tuan Le made a serious error in not slowing down a little bit. (I know we only saw a few hands) but Maxfield showed that he was going to slow play every good hand he got. Those people you shouldn't bet into with a weak draw. Make your hand then bet into him and he might just raise all in on you and the tourney is yours. I know this is over simplified but I think in this case it would have made more sense to play a little passive. Anyone agree?

Hey Jack, who the hell is Habit?
Forgive my spelling, the guy who made the third place last night on travel channel's WPT.Oh, the guy whom Todd brunson called "the terrorist".
Just wondering, how bad do you have to be at spelling to spell "Freddy" Habit?

Brunson called Freddy Deeb a terrorist. Hassan Habib played last night. Two different guys. Get your terrorist playing cards at your local convenience store. Kidding. Both world class players.

was i the only one that thought phil ivey was way to agressive considering the other 2 super agressive players?...I thought the AQ play was fine, but an over the top with AJ...twice?...offsuit both times...
Phil Ivey always counters aggression with super aggression. he wants to be in control of the table and is not going to relinquish control to anyone.
Is it just me, or does Tuan Le just look scary at the table? With his shaved head and those eyes, he just looks intimidating.
Yeah...and when he talks to you with his lisp....it makes you crap your pants....... :club:
Yes, he definitely has a Mike Tyson sort of thing going.
It's the board that Tuan thinks his opponent can't call his bet. The board makes possible hands from 3 of a kind to flush to boat, and he knew his opponent was tight weak.
No, Maxfield could have called his bet, easily. Top 2 against a super aggressive player on a slightly coordinated board, and it wasn't even a large chunk of his stack. (he had what, 4 mill at that point and that was a 1 mill bet?) Even the most weak/tight player can call that.Seriously, Tuan called that hand with a gutshot and ended up making an ill timed bluff on that river and got lucky that his opponent played worse than him. I'm not saying he's a bad player or anything, obviously I've never been to a WPT final table. But on that particular hand, it was simply shitty play getting lucky against shittier play.