lets talk about respect........

Does the link that I provided a few posts up work? I've never done it before, and I'm curious to see if that's how you do it.
Worked for me. Hey, did that guy who was looking for 5k in lessons ever get in touch with you and Gank?
No he didn't. Brett and I went and saw Star Wars 3. After the movie we talked about trying to work something out with the guy. I think Brett even posted as well. But nothing ever came of it. Truthfully, there's guys out there who would be much better at giving no limit hold em advice for a week straight then the two of us. It's just not our best game. At the same time. I can't think of anyone that I know who would be willing to spend 8 hours a day with someone for a week for 5k. That's why the situation with Brett would've been a good one. He could've gotten about 4 hours from each of us. I hope he did learn a lot from whom ever he studied with though. If any of you guys go to the WSOP feel free to talk to Brett. I told him that some people from here might show up and he said he would be chill with hanging with some of you guys.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the link that I provided a few posts up work? I've never done it before, and I'm curious to see if that's how you do it.
Worked for me. Hey, did that guy who was looking for 5k in lessons ever get in touch with you and Gank?
No he didn't. Brett and I went and saw Star Wars 3. After the movie we talked about trying to work something out with the guy. I think Brett even posted as well. But nothing ever came of it. Truthfully, there's guys out there who would be much better at giving no limit hold em advice for a week straight then the two of us. It's just not our best game. At the same time. I can't think of anyone that I know who would be willing to spend 8 hours a day with someone for a week for 5k. That's why the situation with Brett would've been a good one. He could've gotten about 4 hours from each of us. I hope he did learn a lot from whom ever he studied with though. If any of you guys go to the WSOP feel free to talk to Brett. I told him that some people from here might show up and he said he would be chill with hanging with some of you guys.
Shouldn't be hard for him to be chill if he smokes as much weed as he is notorious for.

As a sidenote. HoosierAlum always seems to conduct himself with a lot of class on this forum. I don't know why I thought of that. But I enjoy reading his posts. He seems to have a great head on his shoulders. As do most people on here.

I think a lot of people have read it. Hopefully the ones who really NEEDED to read it, did so as well. Usually a thread will go on forever if it's a controversial subject. This seems to be a topic that most people agree upon.

I think a lot of people have read it. Hopefully the ones who really NEEDED to read it, did so as well. Usually a thread will go on forever if it's a controversial subject. This seems to be a topic that most people agree upon.
just wanted to make sure the nite owls of the site had a chance :club:

I almost feel like this is one to be stickied...or at least have everyone bookmark it for future linkage.I don't think this view will be expressed any better and with any more respect toward all parties involved.

I almost feel like this is one to be stickied...or at least have everyone bookmark it for future linkage.I don't think this view will be expressed any better and with any more respect toward all parties involved.
Goos Post Steve... I got sick of making similar posts but it's good to have you post this as I know nearly all of us here have tremendous respect for you.
JWeb....MUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH better avatar.
i'd hit it..oh, and in reply to the OP.. good post. i agree there's much negativity on here.. but then i remind myself.. why am i here? oh yeah.. to read DN's blogs .. after that, it's pure entertainment (like most things in life).. contrary to what most people do on here, i don't even read strategy anymore.. mainly because if everyone played the same, we'd all be average players. sure, i've picked up some nuggets here and there, but for the most part it's impossible for me to agree with many of the posts in strat, or more to the point, people in strat dont agree with me ;/ And because I am confident in my own game, I'd rather plug what holes I have on my own and not listen to how other people play certain hole cards in various positions. With that being said, it's easy to take the posts in the general forum lightly.. Once again, pure entertainment. It's funny to read an off the wall reply or a witty and sarcastic garb late at night.. Of course, when I come across a threa with no real point and even more pointless argueing, I just skip it..no prob.. then I go to pocketfives.com and look for some more various poker talk.. which is followed up 5 minutes later back over here looking for any new posts.. 5 minutes later..ha.. cheers..
or if the rights to that song are too expensive, just get ali g RISPEK
Seriously, that guy is a GENIUS. No doubt about it. Some of the funniest material I've ever seen in my life. I honestly can't eat when I watch his show, because I'm afraid of what will happen. The man is pure comedy.
It would be pretty cool if every time you clicked on the thread, Aretha Franklin was singing RESP.......lol
i always knew you batted for the other team
I didn't think it was that obvious from my posts. My manhood has been insulted....it's not 8 inches anymore. It's 9 inches.(sw)
or if the rights to that song are too expensive, just get ali g RISPEK
Seriously, that guy is a GENIUS. No doubt about it. Some of the funniest material I've ever seen in my life. I honestly can't eat when I watch his show, because I'm afraid of what will happen. The man is pure comedy.
Ali-G is probably the funniest person alive. the episode with the doctor was probably my fav. its the same one with the 9999999999999999999999999999999999999 bit in it :club:

i would like to see you post in the strat section steve,,,,seems like you have tons of poker knowledge to pass on....i dont post there, but i read it religiously,,,guess when my game improves i will have the ability to post there...i really have learned alot by reading it tho..thanks to guys like aki, smash, wroto,....look forward to seeing some posts steve...

i would like to see you post in the strat section steve,,,,seems like you have tons of poker knowledge to pass on....i dont post there, but i read it religiously,,,guess when my game improves i will have the ability to post there...i really have learned alot by reading it tho..thanks to guys like aki, smash, wroto,....look forward to seeing some posts steve...
I'm in the process of doing that right now.