tourneys in las vegas

Hi new to the board and enjoy it very much. I'm going to LV at the end of the month and am wondering if daily NLTH tourneys are held and if so how do I find out when and where. Have been playing on-line for 2 years -- am small time but have turned my $50 into $850. Played B&M only once last year at excalaber $2-$6 but did well. So basically wondering if daily las vegas NLTH tourneys <$100 buy-in exist and if they do how do I find them.Thanks

Your best bet for low stakes is the Orleans with 2 daily tournaments that are run very well. The best money and easiest tournies are at the Mirage. They have reasonable satillites if you don't want to go over $100. Sams's Town also has a very easy tournament under $50 on Saturday nights.I would avoid downtown for tournaments.

I just got back and played at the new RIO room.Hey have a daily (even weekends!) 12 noon tourney.$40 buyin ($30 to prizepool) gets 1500 chips, they have ONE rebuy for $40 (all to prizepool) for another 1500 chips.They have a max of 60 players but it's been in the 40 player range. So as of now, get there by 11;30 and you should be good.The card manager, Michael, is a GREAT guy, he REALLY loves the game and loves running this new room.This is by far the best-run tourney I've seen in Vegas, even better than the Orleans tourney. The only suggestion I'd make is they need a display of the timing/blinds, etc. Right now it's just him saying "OK blinds up next hand".A $100-300 buy-in, $2/$5/NL game usually starts up as the tourney gets finished up. I won about $150 in that, in an hour of play while it was shorthanded. Michael ran it 4-handed with NO RAKE for about 20 minutes, then when we got our 5th player it was a $2 rake. So he's also very fair!

holy crap i can't wait to get out there -- just reading this stuff gets me all fired up.one other question as i am a B&M newbie...on tv players seem to not look at their hole cards until the previous player has looked and bet/folded. would it be improper etiquette to look as soon as my cards are dealt?any other b&m advice would also be appreciated. i know not to string bet and to keep my cards in front of my chips from last time lol.

You can look at your cards any time you want. You could even look at them one at a time if you choose to. As long as you don't bet out of turn you should be good to go. Also, don't try to bluff as most of these tourists will not lay down anything. Also they'll play any ace, so if you stick to the good part of the deck you'll out-kick them, unless they hit their shitty kicker that is...

Do most of the NL tournies have rebuys?  Personally I'm not a big fan of rebuy tournies.
Most do. Some are unlimited, others have just one.The freezeout at Mandalay bay and Luxor do NOT have rebuys but BELIVE ME they are TOTAL CRAPSHOOTS at first. You get only $300 in chips with blinds $15/30 and LIMIT play for the first hour.I play the 1-rebuy tourneys, the Rio game was great, but Sahara has a nice one also.

regarding the Rio tourney.... of a $40 buy in, only $30 to prizemoney?Does anybody else think that 25% is pretty high juice?Also - want to recommend the Sahara tourneys as well. Good turnout (too good sometimes, room gets tight) and they put out food at the break.And lastly, play one tourney at Binions downtown, aside from getting you down there to check out Freemont, it's the granddaddy of Hold'em and worth playing at if just for nostalgias sake.Have a great time!

The $40 at Rio is divided $5 for house and $5 for dealers. You CAN buy for $30 and get 1000 chips ($25 to the prizepool), or the extra $10 gets you 500 more chips.The 2nd $40 all goes to the prizepool. Everyone rebuys, and even I did when I was at the end of the first hour with 4000 chips. YOU NEED THEM.So really it's $10 out of $80.

Also, don't try to bluff as most of these tourists will not lay down anything.  Also they'll play any ace, so if you stick to the good part of the deck you'll out-kick them, unless they hit their censored kicker that is...
maybe i'll play some $5 SnG's for practice, haha