i am suing jim mcmanus

Anyone who thinks the NY Times is a liberal paper is probably a neo-con. I consider myself very liberal, and I can say (as a liberal) that the Times is NOT a liberal paper.It is more "in the middle of the road" than a lot of the big news publications, but it is FAR from liberal.I think the only people who call the Times a liberal paper are conservatives themselves.And we have all learned how much the conservatives should be held at their word in the last few years, haven't we?
Since you are a liberal...then you are biased in your opinion on the NY Times because conservatives and pretty much everybody else takes the opposite view.And another thing...do you even know what a "neo-con" is?
  • Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the U.S.S.R and censored Germany were like minded politically then why did they fight 9 of 10 largets battles of WWII?Dumb.since when have simmilar political ideologies been a deterrent to warfare??

well, yes and no, I'm using the real term of liberalism. Its just that many people think that its something different. I just want to use it to show those that are making weak arguments that they themselves are actually liberal. Its kinda like exposing a KKK memeber who is 1/8 black. He claims that he is white and thinks that he is white, but really he is not what he really thinks that he is
You language purist.There are at least two accepted definitions of liberal. One refers to the political philosophy of John Locke et al., and can be referred to as classical liberalism to avoid confusion.The second definition is currently the most widely used (at least in America) and it refers to a set of political pricipals held by many Democrats. I'm not up to defining these principals, but I'm sure you can make better arguements than word play.
I know. I'm just trying to mess with alf :twisted:
Because right now your democratic party is fighting for air, and all they can do is kick and scream--right now they stand for nothing.I know. It's going to a be huge surprise when they win the Senate back.You guys will have not seen it coming, regardless of oppinion polls tanking daily for the right.I think I'm going to let you research what Liberals and Progressives stand for. If I just tell you it'll defeat the point of the whole exercise.Thanks for addmitting you have no idea though, that was pretty clean.
Hey man I'm honest. And honestly-liberals stand for whatever liberals say they stand for. I know what Al Franken stands for. He stand for anything that is anti-George Bush. He stands for making fun of, and flaming anything conservative. He stands for having no inteligent solutions for all of the country faces. Right now he's the voice of "Air America" The democratic party's voice. If that's not what liberals stand for, what is it?
GD it, Franken is a COMEDIAN!!!! A Harvard educated comedian, but a comedian nonetheless. He is not the voice of the Democratic Party any more than Jeff Foxworthy is the voice of the GOP. Does that maybe tell you something about the state of media control when a comedian and a documentary filmmaker are the "voices" of the left?
And another thing...do you even know what a "neo-con" is?
I knew that term would stir up trouble. Don't go there ...
I am dying to hear their definitions.

Right now he's the voice of "Air America"Huh.Hey, who told you that one?I'm curious as to the actual extent of you peoples suckerdom.I was half joking about the flat earth thing, but now I'm not so sure I was joking.

I posted several studies. Case closed...not that it was really ever opened anyway.
Nice job on several counts of copyright infringement. While I appreciate your attempt at trying to prove your misguided point, I strongly suggest you don't make a post like that again.Posting multiple paragraphs of an article = copyright infringementLink (and maybe a small excerpt) = goodThis is especially important here, since the site is run by someone with a fairly high profile who is perceived to (and I believe does) make large amounts of money. When, not if, these companies start busting people on this what site do you think will be one of the first targets?
Oh man... we're finally in my wheelhouse and I missed it. If anybody wanst to fuck with me on any of these issues, let's rumble. I hate that I'm saying this, but Smash is 1000000% correct about everything on this issue. Roger Ailes has everyone on this this country so politically blind that it's almost laudable. Except for the whole "evil" thing.Ice

Maybe we can steer this thread away from idiocy.Do the liberals here think the Democratic party is seriously fucked up either by being too centrist or too liberal? Should Dean be the head of the DNC, or will that cause the left to endure another term as the minority party?Discuss.

Because right now your democratic party is fighting for air, and all they can do is kick and scream--right now they stand for nothing.I know. It's going to a be huge surprise when they win the Senate back.You guys will have not seen it coming, regardless of oppinion polls tanking daily for the right.I think I'm going to let you research what Liberals and Progressives stand for. If I just tell you it'll defeat the point of the whole exercise.Thanks for addmitting you have no idea though, that was pretty clean.
Hey man I'm honest. And honestly-liberals stand for whatever liberals say they stand for. I know what Al Franken stands for. He stand for anything that is anti-George Bush. He stands for making fun of, and flaming anything conservative. He stands for having no inteligent solutions for all of the country faces. Right now he's the voice of "Air America" The democratic party's voice. If that's not what liberals stand for, what is it?
GD it, Franken is a COMEDIAN!!!! A Harvard educated comedian, but a comedian nonetheless. He is not the voice of the Democratic Party any more than Jeff Foxworthy is the voice of the GOP. Does that maybe tell you something about the state of media control when a comedian and a documentary filmmaker are the "voices" of the left?
Bull Shit. Air America was designed to rival Rush Limbaugh and conservative talk radio. He may have been a comedian, but his position with Air America was politically driven. He is desperately trying to be the voice of the left, not make people laugh. (even though he incedentally does). There's a good reason why no one listens to his show, and no matter how hard the left tries they can't get support over the air waves.

I have an awesome idea, what if America made a bunch of rockets and aimed them the direction the earth rotates. Im talking thousands upon thousands of NASA grade rockets here. During the work day they would fire and speed the earths rotation and we would adhere to that time schedule. After work, they would immediately turn about face and fire giving us a shorter work day and longer nights and weekends! Oh wait, I have FCP for that! :club:

I am dying to hear their definitions.
Ugh. Your condescension is too much. Those high-fallootin', book-larnin' libruls don't know nuthin' bout neo-cons, do they?

I am dying to hear their definitions.There are no definitions. It's a buzzword coined to describe Scooter Libby's crowd of small government, moralist forign policy, free trade, yadda yadda.It's a meaningless term.Wait. You weren't under the impression it actually meant something were you??Hahahah.Oh man this gets better and better.

If the U.S.S.R and censored Germany were like minded politically then why did they fight 9 of 10 largets battles of WWII?Dumb.since when have simmilar political ideologies been a deterrent to warfare??
take WWI for perfect example. THe Kaiser and the Czar had endearing nicknames for each other and it should be noted that King George V was Wilhelm's first cousin. IN fact if George did not have a child, WIlhellm would've been one of the first in line for the ENglish throne. Of course, look what all fo that relationship did for those who fought in that war
Since never. But since when have you been able to 180 somebody's political beliefs through arguing via an internet chat room? It was a joke.
... and no matter how hard the left tries they can't get support over the air waves.
because the conservative right wing owns and operates the media.
well, we don't blame Paul Von Hindenburg for making HItler Chancellor now do we :club: , whatg Wilhelm does would not be your fault, only the simple minded would dislike you for someone else's attacks on them( I also want to see the utter hilarity of people trying to argue with him on someothing that he knows is correct :D )
Heh, not sure if Wilhelm would be down with the 'moderated' aspect of the forum. Also, he couldn't killfile, so if he happened to lose an argument, his favorite retreat would be cutoff. :-) (also, he hasn't been the most supportive DN fan to say the least)I agree though, the details/research he brings to the table in those OT posts is mind boggling. Agree with him or not, he is one tenacious bastard.Patrick

because the conservative right wing owns and operates the media.Don't be silly, it's because there's allready such a huge liberal media bias that it's not offering anything new.Conservative talk radio, though, is rare and unique, so people listen to the new ideas.

I posted several studies. Case closed...not that it was really ever opened anyway.
Nice job on several counts of copyright infringement. While I appreciate your attempt at trying to prove your misguided point, I strongly suggest you don't make a post like that again.Posting multiple paragraphs of an article = copyright infringementLink (and maybe a small excerpt) = goodThis is especially important here, since the site is run by someone with a fairly high profile who is perceived to (and I believe does) make large amounts of money. When, not if, these companies start busting people on this what site do you think will be one of the first targets?
I didn't post the entire study...I posted the conclusions.The actual studies number around 45 pages each. I know the rules....you did too and you knew that I committed no such infringement but you just tried to start crap....right?
Maybe we can steer this thread away from idiocy.Do the liberals here think the Democratic party is seriously fucked up either by being too centrist or too liberal? Should Dean be the head of the DNC, or will that cause the left to endure another term as the minority party?Discuss.
going towards the center was a grave mistake for teh democratic party, IMO. A party that is based on being Liberal should be liberal. THat being said, Howard Dean is not the right man to lead the party. I think that Nancy Pelosi or Barbra BOxer would be great as leaders of the Dem party. They are truelly liberal and represent liberals in a failry good way. I also think that the man to watch out for is Barack Obama. He is everything that the Republican party is afraid of, a well versed liberal, a well-spoken black man, and someone who can catch the public's eye. THe republican party I am pretty sure are fearing him running for the presidency in a few years
He's right.Stop watching Fox News. NYT is a conservative paper.The fact that it doesn't blindly report governmebt propaganda doesn't suddenly make it liberal,The Nation is liberal. NYT is conservative.Allthough McManus was a dick the one time I met him.
I happen to read the NYT everyday as well as the WSJournal and the USA Today. Rating these 3 papers I would rate them as all fairly moderate in their point of views. However, I would say the WSJournal is the most conservative of the 3 and the USA Today is the most liberal. I would rate the NYT as being just to the left of center.Certainly, not the liberal bastion it is passed off as being and certainly not as far to the left as Fox News is to the right. I don't think that is possible... the paper might fall of the edge of the scale if they achieved that measure.