• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea you and Royal have for total prize money. I will bet you $50, we each pick 20 players, but we can't both have the same player, so we do it one at a time in a seperate thread.The team with the most total prize money wins the $50. How about an extra stipulation: If any player from one of the 2 teams makes it to the final table, you win an extra $50. This is my proposition, we can discuss this further.

ok. 1st day only.. your taking boyd eh?.give me time to comprise my list of ringers.If you want no overlap, we can draft them, alternating.I think we should be able to backfill people busted out on the first day, for funs sake, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.

i dont mind this line at all.im willing to gamble. i dont particularly like the originally proposed offer (not to say this isn't a good offer, I just don't think I keep up enough with who is playing well to make it a good bet for me). although i think a lot of you should consider this offer, given that the odds are a couple of pros at least should make the final table even in this huge field.i like the proposal about total cash too, but that seems like a silly bet given how much one player doing well could outweigh the entire wager.How about this though, and we can negotiate the stakes if you like the bet.We each pick 20 names (flexible on this). If the player is in the top 10, he receieves 10 points, 11-20 nine points, 21-30 eight points, etc down to 100th place which would be one point.Team with the most points win.Nothing against your original offer, I just would feel uncomfortable taking it without odds given my limited knowledge.I am flexible on my offer if you have ideas. I will wager up to $50.

I like the idea you and Royal have for total prize money.  I will bet you $50, we each pick 20 players, but we can't both have the same player, so we do it one at a time in a seperate thread.The team with the most total prize money wins the $50.  How about an extra stipulation:  If any player from one of the 2 teams makes it to the final table, you win an extra $50.  This is my proposition, we can discuss this further.
I'll threesome this idea with u and smash.who picks first?
I like the idea you and Royal have for total prize money.  I will bet you $50, we each pick 20 players, but we can't both have the same player, so we do it one at a time in a seperate thread.The team with the most total prize money wins the $50.  How about an extra stipulation:  If any player from one of the 2 teams makes it to the final table, you win an extra $50.  This is my proposition, we can discuss this further.
I'll threesome this idea with u and smash.who picks first?
So to clarify, we each get 20 players, no subs after 1st day. We each put in $50, and team of 20 with the most total prize money wins.

I like the idea you and Royal have for total prize money. I will bet you $50, we each pick 20 players, but we can't both have the same player, so we do it one at a time in a seperate thread.The team with the most total prize money wins the $50. How about an extra stipulation: If any player from one of the 2 teams makes it to the final table, you win an extra $50. This is my proposition, we can discuss this further.I'd rather the three of us go in together then, $50 each. $10 extra from each if final table, $50 extra from each if winner?I just don't want to end up with $1000 riding on 17 diffrent bets that overlap in ways that I almost can't win.This way everyone's geting essentially 2 to 1.What do you think, Royal?

I like the idea you and Royal have for total prize money. I will bet you $50, we each pick 20 players, but we can't both have the same player, so we do it one at a time in a seperate thread.The team with the most total prize money wins the $50. How about an extra stipulation: If any player from one of the 2 teams makes it to the final table, you win an extra $50. This is my proposition, we can discuss this further.I'd rather the three of us go in together then, $50 each.  $10 extra from each if final table, $50 extra from each if winner?I just don't want to end up with $1000 riding on 17 diffrent bets that overlap in ways that I almost can't win.This way everyone's geting essentially 2 to 1.What do you think, Royal?
Ya. i like it

Abso want in on it too?I don't want it to get too nuts. But I think a few more people would be fine.I think prize money's the easiest way to score it. We'll argue about anything else. Sure, it's arbitrary, but it's how we all keep score, isn't it?

1 more thing.you have to pick 5 fill spots prior to the event. That way if u have a couple players who get knocked out in day 1. u cant just pick the chip leader if he's not already taken.Any objections?

We have until July 1st to pick the team.. how bout that?and then on that day or somewhere near. we go 1 for 1 for 1, until we all have 20 namesThat's fine.Redraft for anyone busted on day 1?Or no?

We have until July 1st to pick the team.. how bout that?and then on that day or somewhere near. we go 1 for 1 for 1, until we all have 20 namesThat's fine.Redraft for anyone busted on day 1?Or no?
ya. but i think we should pick the redraft names prior to the event

1 more thing.you have to pick 5 fill spots prior to the event. That way if u have a couple players who get knocked out in day 1. u cant just pick the chip leader if he's not already taken.Any objections?That's a good stipulation. I'm fine with it. 20 with 10 alternates sound ok?

I personally don't think there should be any fill in players.  I think you pick your 20 horses and you're stuck with them for the duration.
ok. well i'll swing either way.its up to you guys. and anyone else ie: absolute, to decide if fillers are a go or not
1 more thing.you have to pick 5 fill spots prior to the event. That way if u have a couple players who get knocked out in day 1. u cant just pick the chip leader if he's not already taken.Any objections?That's a good stipulation.  I'm fine with it.  20 with 10 alternates sound ok?
I will concede on this and agree to 10 alternates. You pick your 20 players and 10 alternates on July 1. You can sub for anyone knocked out after all three day 1s.

I personally don't think there should be any fill in players. I think you pick your 20 horses and you're stuck with them for the duration.Eh, that's inevitably goig to suck for someone, though just from sheer variance.It's not a hedge, it's just something to have full teams all around after the initial bloodbath.

Abso want in on it too?I don't want it to get too nuts.  But I think a few more people would be fine.I think prize money's the easiest way to score it.  We'll argue about anything else.  Sure, it's arbitrary, but it's how we all keep score, isn't it?
Too arbitrary for my taste.If you decide to do any other wagers more closely related to the first one, let me know in due time.My only request would be that the results of the bet are contigent on both of us picking a group of players, and not just one.Although I will take 5 to 1 on your original offer. I think that's reasonable given there is going to be something like 6500 players.

I will concede on this and agree to 10 alternates. You pick your 20 players and 10 alternates on July 1. You can sub for anyone knocked out after all three day 1s.Deal.So.Let me just make sure I have it here.Participants will chose teams of 20 primary and 10 alternate players by means of alternating choices on July 1. Alternates will replace primaries knocked out during the first day of competetion for said primary, in the order they were drafted by participants (to avoid picking the highest chipcount alternate).Participant who's final end of day 1 team wins the most prize money recieves $50 each from all other players, any player who's team member makes the final table recieves $10 from each other player (for each team member who finals). Any player whos team memebr wins the event recieves an *additional* $50 from each other player.?

OK, so to get this straight, I will lay out all the stipulations of the dealSmash, Royal, and myself all put in $50. We each pick 20 players and 10 alternates on July 1. After the three day 1s, we can use the alternates and fill them in for players knocked out on day 1.The winner will be decided by whose team wins the most prize money for the tournament. They will win the whole $150 in the pool.If a player from anyone's team makes the final table, each other player owes that player $10 extra.If a player on anyone's team wins the main event, they win $25 extra from each player.Anything I left out, or any objections, please post below.