let's just make this a $5 wager...i cant think of 10 plaers.
I find this the funniest thing in this thread so far. Smash you are a smart man to make this bet. I being a dumb man will take it. However, not being entirely stupid, I will ask for better odds. Smash I want 20 names or 3:1 odds.
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Smash and Zimmer.. looks like we have a deal.If a player on anyone's team wins the main event, they win $25 extra from each player. I would prefer this to be 50.00 so 10 for each player, but an extra 50 if that player wins.

I find this the funniest thing in this thread so far. Smash you are a smart man to make this bet. I being a dumb man will take it.However, not being entirely stupid, I will ask for better odds. Smash I want 20 names or 3:1 odds.I'll do 20 names.

Yes.  Smash and Zimmer.. looks like we have a deal.If a player on anyone's team wins the main event, they win $25 extra from each player. I would prefer this to be 50.00  so 10 for each player, but an extra 50 if that player wins.
Deal. So if a player on my team wins, both Royal and Smash owe me $50. I will agree to that.

I would prefer this to be 50.00so 10 for each player, but an extra 50 if that player wins.Me too.I mean really, we could make it $500. We all know that Bob Johnson the internet player from Zaire or whoever is going to win the thing, anyway, not someone we pick.$50's fine with me.

Dutch boyd?I've been a reader of his blog... I cant picture him having enough money to get into the WSOP, maybe his backers still have faith though

Dutch boyd?I've been a reader of his blog... I cant picture him having enough money to get into the WSOP, maybe his backers still have faith thoughHe's good for a cash, wait and see.Besides, he's got the stable to dump chips to him...:club:

Smash mentioned opening up to Absolute and possibly one or two more, if you three are open to that, I'd be interested to jump in for sure, sounds like fun. Let me know if I can get in...

Smash mentioned opening up to Absolute and possibly one or two more, if you three are open to that, I'd be interested to jump in for sure, sounds like fun. Let me know if I can get in...
Ok. I'll allow it.No more then 5 max. so i'd say 1 more spot open to this. 5 way deal. Unless smash and zimmer dissagree.
Dutch boyd?I've been a reader of his blog... I cant picture him having enough money to get into the WSOP, maybe his backers still have faith thoughHe's good for a cash, wait and see.Besides, he's got the stable to dump chips to him...:D
So I assume you'll have Men "The Master" as well :club: I'm an action junky who wants to make the WSOP more fun to follow, I might be interested in the original bet for $10 or $20, and I like the fact that you're willing to lay 3 to 1 even better.If you already feel like you have too many bets going, just let me know...

I'd be more interested if I got paid for EACH one that makes the final table.It's still a sucker bet, considering that even the top 10 ranked players in the world are probably 500 to 1 shots to make the final table.How about this....the payout increases exponentially.One player makes it $10, two $100, three $1000...interested?

I'd be more interested if I got paid for EACH one that makes the final table.It's still a sucker bet, considering that even the top 10 ranked players in the world are probably 500 to 1 shots to make the final table.How about this....the payout increases exponentially.One player makes it $10, two $100, three $1000...interested?Nah, nightmare scenario for me if you place 3 I'm paying 100 to 1. I'm not a bookie, I have no other side to this to ballance it. I can't collect the next 10 years the nightmare scenario doesn't happen.Etc.I think 20 names even money is fairly reasoable, but I'm flexible.I'm disinclined to offer odds because of the very nature of the proposition for me. No real upside, signifigant downside.While I don't think your proposition is unfair, it's just outside of the risk I care to offer.

He's good for a cash, wait and see.Besides, he's got the stable to dump chips to him...
"You want to go out to a club tonight, Scott? Meet some good looking Vegas girls and get a little buzz on?"  "No."  "What about a movie then? Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy just opened up... supposed to be funny."  "Can't do it, man... I'm in six tournaments and I'm just about to make the final table in two of them.""Ok... well... when do you think you want to take a break from poker?""Dude... never. I never want to take a break.
Thats from his blog.... Anyone else read that and see the EXACT same scenario happening if Scott just hated him and didnt want to hang out with him. I have a friend I try and avoid whenever i'm home from school, thats about what my conversations are like....I have no proof, i'm just sayin....

'm an action junky who wants to make the WSOP more fun to follow, I might be interested in the original bet for $10 or $20, and I like the fact that you're willing to lay 3 to 1 even better. I'm inclined to stay at 20 names, even money. I have some done deals at that and I don't want to screw people by offering you diffrent odds than them for essentially the same wager. I think it's fairly reasonable and it's short money. I'm not looking to build a summer home here, and if, say DN wins it, I'm fine with paying everybody off. I am open to negoiations of other wagers though.One thing, I do want it to stay short money. I don't want anyone worried about coming up with $100 to pay me or whatever, so small chunks, $10 is good, $20 is ok. Nothing crazy. All in good fun, and I don't want DN accusing me of making book on his website :club:

In response to the earlier post, I will allow 2 more people to make it a 5-way pool with Me, Smash, Royal, and 2 more. I think the payout structure should be that 1st pays $175, 2nd pays $75. Any objections?

In response to the earlier post, I will allow 2 more people to make it a 5-way pool with Me, Smash, Royal, and 2 more. I think the payout structure should be that 1st pays $175, 2nd pays $75. Any objections?Winner take all is simpler.(I'm guranteed to finish second now)If everyone else wants to, I'll go with paying second, but I'm partial to winner take all. Royal can cast the deciding vote, I guess.

Well okay count me in the No.4 spot... and let me know when I can weigh in on any decision.The only thing I'd like to submit for approval right now is a lottery for draft choice. And also that the order got 1st to 5th then 5th to 1st and repeats... that's just how we always do our sports pools.

Smash. I may take you up on one of your previous offers of $20 and we each select 20 players, and the winner is whoever has the higher total prize money earned for their team.Would you be interested in this even though you are involved in your 5 man bet?

Well okay count me in the No.4 spot... and let me know when I can weigh in on any decision.The only thing I'd like to submit for approval right now is a lottery for draft choice. And also that the order got 1st to 5th then  5th to 1st and repeats...  that's just how we always do our sports pools.
I was going to suggest the 1st - 5th, and 5th - 1st idea.I enter PGA pools all the time to pick players, and thats how we do it.Smash/zimmer. I would rather winner take all also.2nd sucks, and doesnt deserve their money back. :-) I vote winner take all.P.S. Any of you guys know if /and when the registerd players will be posted,I'm skeptical to throw in a couple names just incase they arent going to be there. (but i guess the back-ups will cover this)