Starting over...any advice?

I've been playing poker at pokerstars for about a year now...before then I played at UB but definately not as consistantly as I do at stars. Unfortunately after building myself a good bankroll at stars I tried to play at limits higher than my bankroll could cover. I nearly went bust. I've always been to person to learn things the hard way.Anyway, I got myself a few bucks and am going to start over...I'm thinking about moving my BR to partypoker because of the amount of bad players. Then I thought about FullTilt...The 100% bonus would be great...I could double my bankroll then move it to party...or half and half at stars and party.For all the folks out their that make decent money online...what site would you refer me to? What sites have the smallest rake? Best bonuses? Anything will help...I want to play at .50/1 levels for the shortest amount of time possible. I am only depositing $300.I here UB is fast but the players are average...pokerstars has alot of fish but partypoker has more...fulltilt has a great bonus but few players...What do yall think?

whatever you do, don't sign up on fulltilt. That 100% bonus takes years to earn, unless your playing 5/10 tables and higher. Let's just say I dropped 2 bills there before I even earned half of my first $20 bonus. Also, personally I just hate that site all together, maybe it's just me though. Personally I recommend AbsolutePoker as the best deposit bonus. 35% up to $210 in bonus money, it doesn't take that long to accumulate either, so it's great. Also, the games on there are fairly soft, at times it's hard to find a game though as it isn't as large as party poker. The tournament structure is great though, if sit and go's are your thing, you'll love it, because you start with 1500 chips compared to 800 at party and 1000 at other sites. If you plan on signing up there, just leave me your e-mail, then I can refer you and you'll get an extra $25.

Move the money to Party.If you don't have an account there allready, set up one, and wait. They will eventually send you a 50% deposit bonus code link. When that happens (it shouldn't take long) play .50/$1. The bonus at full tilt is horrible. The bonus at PP is so good you could LITTERALLY fold evevry hand and make money on the bonus.Work the .50/$1 tables untill you get to $700. Take the money out and do the one time IGMPAY bonus.Work the bonus and the $750 up to $1500 at the $1/$2 full tables.Move to $1/$2 six max to learn to play agressively and prepare yourself for the increased agression you'll see at 2/4. Be patient. Master playing SH. It's importnant.Work up to $2000. Drop back down to .50/$1 and learn to multi-table with a huge bankroll so you can suffer the occasional 100BB downswing in a day while learning. Multi untill you're comfortable 4 tabling. Work the money up to $3000 and start multiing full game 1/2. When you can four table it, and beat it move up to 2/4. Do the same. When you're comfortable there move up to 3/6.Personally, I find 4 tabling 3/6 to be the best effort/reward ration on the net, but you could continue to move up single tabling up to $15/$30 if that's your thing.Allways be properly bankrolled.Good luck.

What do you mean "take the money out and do the IMGPAY bonus"?Do I have to create a new account or is it like a reload bonus?It's a special one time bonus for using IGMpay as your deposit method (whic frankly sucks compared to NetTeller, but if they're going to give out free money, hey.)If you're serious about playing long term you could forgo the initial bonus and sign up through a rakeback site. Long term that's going to help you more than any bonus. I'm not here to advertise on the forum, but if you PM me I'll send you the link for the one I happen to use. I don't get anything out of it, I just find it to be easy and reliable for PP.

IGMPAY is a deposit bonus for using that method of depositing money. can use it if you wish when you get a decent bankroll, party also offers a reload bonus anyways, which is 20% usually, so you can use that as well. If you do sign up on Party, remember to wait for the 50% bonus code via e-mail otherwise you won't get it and will get a smaller bonus.

what's your screen name on party?Been asked before, and I'm not trying to be an ass, but I'd rather not say. I'm not keen on having people datamine me in PT, posting hands of mine, etc.My wife plays .50/$1 under "thecandle". She can tap me on the shoulder if you're looking to chat, or you can datamine her to your hearts content :D

Smash, Would you mind sending me the link to the IGMpay? I know nothing about it, but sounds like I should learn.

4 tables AND chat? Unreal.Not really. There's a surprising amount of downtime once you get used to it.It's sort of an aquired skill, but I'm convinced anyone can do it. Really not a big deal.Just use the bonus code IGMPAY when depositing with...IGMPAY. Should be good for 20% up to $100 so out and in $500 if you need to so that you get max value.As far as I know it still works fine, your milage may vary.Once upon a time you could take the same $500 out and pop into a Party skin and get another $100. Not sure if that's still doable.Good luck.

Once upon a time you could take the same $500 out and pop into a Party skin and get another $100.  Not sure if that's still doable.Good luck.
Seems I read somewhere it wasn't. But I don't play em, so I don't know for sure.Thanks on the other~!
Hey i wanna open an account with absolute poker. Can someone refer me for the bonus? my email is jamestl16@hotmail.com. Thanks
I sent you a referal e-mail, so just sign up through there. YOu'll get $25 when you play 100 real raked hands in addition to the 35% initial deposit bonus, which is really great.

Maybe this is a stupid question, Smash... but when you're playing 4 tables, how do you set that up for viewing? Do you have a huge screen where you can fit four tables on at once, use multiple computers to log on to different sites simultaneously, or do you wait for each table to pop up to the forefront when it's your turn to act?

Maybe this is a stupid question, Smash... but when you're playing 4 tables, how do you set that up for viewing? Do you have a huge screen where you can fit four tables on at once, use multiple computers to log on to different sites simultaneously, or do you wait for each table to pop up to the forefront when it's your turn to act?It's not a stupid question, but it is one that someone asked in another thread about 20 seconds ago.Deja vu.I'm going to refer you there because I'm lazy (not to mention shiftless).http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...opic.php?t=1554

Probably another dumb question for you Smash but whats the point of 4 tabling 3-6 when you can just playing something like 10-20 or 15-30? Is that the fact that you have 4 chances at having the best hand hold up so it helps to offset the times you get outdrawn? I'm sure there's a reason just wondering why 4 tabling would be so much more profitable. I have made a living off sit and gos but I really want to try moving to limit poker as it seems more steady in the long run. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Probably another dumb question for you Smash but whats the point of 4 tabling 3-6 when you can just playing something like 10-20 or 15-30? Is that the fact that you have 4 chances at having the best hand hold up so it helps to offset the times you get outdrawn? I'm sure there's a reason just wondering why 4 tabling would be so much more profitable.  I have made a living off sit and gos but I really want to try moving to limit poker as it seems more steady in the long run. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
it's because generally the competition is weaker at 3/6, so it's much easier to beat than a 10/20 game typically. Also, your fluctuations probably wouldn't be as great 4 tabling 3/6 as opposed to playing 10/20. Mostly, it's just the games are easier to beat. Bad players=More money

Basically what Jay said.Also there's bankroll. I can 4-table 3/6 with $2000 at Party, for single tabling $10/$20 I'd want at least $6000, probably more because games at that limit are rarely passive.Much less fluctuation as well overall when you're playing upwards of 2k hands a day as opposed to 500, allthough, the first time you drop 10BB on each table in the first hour of playing does take some getting used to.