i flopped the nuts and was behind

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (6 handed) converterButton (t7920)SB (t12093)Hero (t1917)UTG (t20905)MP (t14902)CO (t8679)Preflop: Hero is BB with [Qh], [Tc]. 1 fold, Button calls t800, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (t3050) [8s], [9c], [Js] (3 players)SB checks, Hero bets t1067 (All-In), SB folds, MP calls t6003.Turn: (t18257) [6d] (2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t18257) [Jc] (2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t18257So I know I couldn't get away from it, but I was behind. I was 37% to win and the others were 34% and 29%. And notice, no raise from AQs, and no raise from JJ. HMMMM

Guest XXEddie

how excatly were you "behind" I hope you dont judge it by if your over/under 50% to win.....because then if the majority of multi-way pots, everyone is behind

The only way you're behind here is if your opponent has 9 :club: 10 :D, giving him 15 outs. Of course, we have no way of knowing since you didn't post their hands.

I had to dodge more than half of the deck, I was behind. And in a multiway pot, when you flop the nuts, you are normally more than 50%.

Guest XXEddie
The only way you're behind here is if your opponent has 9 :club: 10 :D, giving him 15 outs.  Of course, we have no way of knowing since you didn't post their hands.
he did AQ of spades and JJ

You're not behind. The only things you're dodging are another spade, the case J, and an 8 or 9. That's 16 cards out of 45 remaining cards. You're about 66% to win that.Did I get that right Eddie?

Guest XXEddie
The only way you're behind here is if your opponent has 9 :club: 10 :D, giving him 15 outs.  Of course, we have no way of knowing since you didn't post their hands.
and he didnt have 15 outs, only the spades help,Q just gives him a split7 gives him lower str8a ran through card player it was 41/59 but that splits the percentages of a split, T9 :D would be only about 35% to win the entire pot

I had to dodge any 8, any 9, any spade, any king and any card that might pair the turn. That makes at least 22 cards. And at this point there are 43 left in the deck. So, I have to dodge more than half the deck. I'll change this, I flopped the nuts and was behind.okay, take away the king, but the turn card that might pair lessens it. not to mention if a T comes I split the pot.

Guest XXEddie
You're not behind.  The only things you're dodging are another spade, the case J, and an 8 or 9.  That's 16 cards out of 45 remaining cards.  You're about 66% to win that.Did I get that right Eddie?
....you said the only way he was behind is if he had T9 of spadesthat wasnt rightand for that example its 16/45.....then 16/44, he has to dodge all the outs twice....which since he has no way to beat a flush/boat basically doubles the odds meaning hes only 33% to winand it says in OP that he was only 37% to win, ill run it through cardplayer to make sure if youre not satisfied

I'm satisfied.After my first post and your reply, I saw that he put hands up there so I went through it again.I'm trying to get better at odds and stuff (math was never a strong suit), so I wanted to ask someone who knew. :club:

You're getting better than 2:1 on your money and you're odds of winning are better than 2:1. You've got the best hand currently and your equity in the pot is greater than either of the other two hands. How are you behind again?

Guest XXEddie
I'm satisfied.After my first post and your reply, I saw that he put hands up there so I went through it again.I'm trying to get better at odds and stuff (math was never a strong suit), so I wanted to ask someone who knew.  :club:
ignore my post then, you posted this while i was typing mine

--you have 16 outs after the flop that can beat you --9 spades, three 8's, three 9's, and one jack = 16--and have 19 outs after the turn that can beat you --same outs as above plus three 6's (that would pair the board, giving dude a full house)IN NO WAY ARE YOU BEHINDyou have more than half the deck in your favor, the reason you are below 50% on the flop is that they have two shots at those outs.after the turn card, they have only one shot, but 3 extra outs. their percentage goes way down.

IN NO WAY ARE YOU BEHIND
On the flop he has the best possible hand, but altogether his opponents like you said have 16 collective outs and he has no redraws. With no possible redraws it simply takes 14 outs for your opponent to be a slight favorite against you on the flop. So yes he is behind on the flop, but if he dodges a blank on the turn then he becomes the favorite...about a 3:2 favorite.

This reminds me of a nl hand where I flopped the nuts and had only a slight edge. I had redraws though. I flopped a set of aces with A :D A :D The flop brought A :) 10 :D 8 :) Three of us got it all-in on the flop my opponents had J :) 9 :) and 10 :) 9 :) Turn: 7 :club: River: 9 :) Not meant to be a bad beat story, just saying that it sucks to have a made hand and be up against too huge draws like that.Another good example of being behind while your opponent is drawing is from WPT season 2 Party Poker Million. Daniel actually points this out on the commentary, Scotty N. has A :) J :) and Chris H. has two jacks. The flop is K-Q-x with two spades. As Daniel states at this point Scotty N. has the best hand with no pair.

yes he actually is behind although veryyyyyyyy slightly. On the flop, he and the JJ are at the exact same percentage with 35.6958% (it only goes to 4 decimal places on pokerstove). However he is only 33.xxx% to win and 2.xxx% to tie the hand against the AQ. Equity (%) Win (%) / Tie (%) Hand 1: 35.6958 % [ 00.33 00.02 ] { QhTc }Hand 2: 35.6958 % [ 00.36 00.00 ] { JdJc }Hand 3: 28.6083 % [ 00.26 00.02 ] { AsQs }