2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

The idiot fans in Anaheim are raising the money to pay the 10k fine. That may be the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard. What a bunch of ****

• Like 1
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

True, but Mactavish doesn't get to take credit for Devan's success, nor does Shanahan for Kessel's. And I will continue to be bitter because it's sports and I don't have to be forgiving and understand

Bruins with zero shots in the 2nd period vs Ottawa.

This isn't directly related to the Niskanen incident, but his comment inspired it.   Everybody who injures someone claims they had "no intent to injure," But like, if you're running someone who does

The idiot fans in Anaheim are raising the money to pay the 10k fine. That may be the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard. What a bunch of ****

Wtf!

Go Preds

Yesterday, I saw that Getzlaf had put out a statement, and I didnt even bother to read it, I figured it was the usual crap of bs.

I had no idea how bs it truly was, he didnt even have the integrity to apologize or consider his words.

I certainly hope that tomorrow night, He, and the 26 idiots who donated money to his cause, will be nothing but a memory in these playoffs. Go Preds go indeed!

fyi: http://www.outsports.com/2017/5/21/15672026/ryan-getzlaf-gay-slur-apology

Blah. Missed opportunity for Ottawa with Ryan Johansen out in Nashville. Game 7 had the makings of a bullshit Senators win but their puckluck ran out.

ps:

**** the refs and **** Phil "swan dive" Kessel

Blah. Missed opportunity for Ottawa with Ryan Johansen out in Nashville. Game 7 had the makings of a bullshit Senators win but their puckluck ran out.

ps:

Oh **** off. There's no reason for Phaneuf to even go near him there. Awful play for a veteran. An hour after the puck went by on an icinng!

Knew the Sens fans would be melting down about the officiating. It was decidedly awful, but certainly not one-sided.

PS it was probably not a dive. Getting pushed into the boards at high speed while getting your legs clipped has a strong tendency to make even the elite skaters fall over.

ps:

As a bystander with no interest in the outcome (actually I did since I bet the under)

Do I think it was dive yes but the refs had to call it When a guy like myself saw it I said right away penalty for phaneuf

Do I think it was dive yes but the refs had to call it When a guy like myself saw it I said right away penalty for phaneuf

Was it normally a penalty that should be callled? Probably. But considering that it was a dead play (icing) and the refs seem to be letting 'them play' considering their non-calls; the knee-on-knee on Stone two seconds earlier, the double slashes on Pageau semi-breakaway, etc. I'm sure if we watch the tape we can find a ton of examples (of both sides)

Whatever; I was tired, cranky and needed to vent. Ultimately the Sens has 30 minutes to put away the Pens before the Kunitz kuckleball and they didn't.

Do the finals go 5 or 6 games? I think it will go 6 if Nashville can steal game 1.

I think the Preds would have to run exceptionally well to actually win the cup.

Do the finals go 5 or 6 games? I think it will go if Nashville can steal game 1.

I think the Preds would have to run exceptionally well to actually win the cup.

Nashville in 6

Preds have been deadly all playoffs. I'm not all that convinced the Pens are the favorites.

Which parts of the game do you think the Preds have an edge?

Preds defense is better than Pitts and their transition through the neutral zone is exceptional but I think the Pens speed and offensive creativity will overcome Nashville's D. Pens are better in every other aspect of the game, no?

GO PREDS!!!!

Defense by a million miles right now.

Pens have better forwards.

I think they may be just as fast as the Pens, though, and they're quite good at controlling play and racking up shot attempts.

Goaltending may be a wash as well, though Rinne has been great so far. Murray seems like an unknown to me still.

Bet365 has the Pens at -170, which is pretty huge, but I just don't know. Experience may be more important than I think?

Also a weak call on the first penalty that led to the 5-on-3. I understand it in real time. Slash to the ankle, guy falls down on what could have turned into a chance, but it looks soooo bad in slow motion, at least from the angles CBC showed.

However, James Neal's penalty was a bonehead play. He's been known to take dumb penalties.

Yeah, agree. I still love Neal as a player. I liked him before he was traded to the Pens. When that Dallas/Pittsburgh trade was made, I was ecstatic, then he goes out and scores 40. I wasn't super happy about the Hornqvist-Neal trade at the time, but I suppose that's because I didn't know how Horny played, just that his stat line was much worse than Neal's. Though they've been pretty even since the deal numerically. His style of game was missing from the Pens with Neal here, though.