2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

also, if you "brace yourself" with two hands on your stick, parallel to the ice, it's a cross check. Did he intentionally cross check him in the head? I don't care. It was reckless and the end result is a player injured.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

True, but Mactavish doesn't get to take credit for Devan's success, nor does Shanahan for Kessel's. And I will continue to be bitter because it's sports and I don't have to be forgiving and understand

Bruins with zero shots in the 2nd period vs Ottawa.

This isn't directly related to the Niskanen incident, but his comment inspired it.   Everybody who injures someone claims they had "no intent to injure," But like, if you're running someone who does

well he had his stick parallel to the ice in a cross checking position, so yeah. You are responsible for your stick. Why do we always assume the best possible intentions for every violent act?

Umm I see more people (in general) assume the worst intentions. I've not seen the play or even plan to but inthink it's always best to start off giving people the benefit of a doubt and then work from there. I feel society is always to quick to judge people/events negatively then go from there.

Umm I see more people (in general) assume the worst intentions. I've not seen the play or even plan to but inthink it's always best to start off giving people the benefit of a doubt and then work from there. I feel society is always to quick to judge people/events negatively then go from there.

as a society? sure.

On a hockey rink, where we have visual evidence of violent acts? I don't know. It seems there's always a narrative after every violent play.

"Looks like his elbow got caught on the boards and that's why he speared him in the face"

"Sure he cross checked him in the face, but it happened so fast, how could that be intentional?"

Niskanen has been using his stick as a weapon all playoffs long, and that was a dangerous play, and it resulted in an injury. I don't think we should immediately be dismissing all charges because it "may have been an accident"

Do they have others?

Nothing specific, but Niskanen always seems to target Crosby...not that targeting the best player on the ice is odd, but he always seems to go out of his way to go after him and I do recall a couple of skirmishes.

This isn't directly related to the Niskanen incident, but his comment inspired it.

Everybody who injures someone claims they had "no intent to injure," But like, if you're running someone who doesn't have the puck anymore, what exactly is your intent?

• Like 1

Bonino managed to do something no Washington player has been able to do for years. Make me cheer for the Capitals.

Pens now the last team I want to see win the Cup.

Ya, Im that fickle.

edit: crap, forgot I bet on them to win the series. Ok, well beat Wash, but lose next round. thanks.

That's a joke. I hate that so much. Has such a huge effect on the game. I know I say this a lot: but that should be a 1 game suspension.

That's a joke. I hate that so much. Has such a huge effect on the game. I know I say this a lot: but that should be a 1 game suspension.

agree 100%. left an awful, awful taste in my mouth.

he and his whole team should be ashamed, and I say that honestly, ashamed. Dont give me crap about the NHL playoffs being so hard and the team that wins doing it with heart, and then pull crap like that.

I dont mind a 3 or even 5 game suspension, its such a ridiculous way to play the game, takes all the honour out of the playoffs. Any kids watching, I hope someone is there to tell them that sometimes winning isnt everything, and winning like that taints it.

Then he checks for blood after. Zero shame.

He's going to get the Nazem Kadri treatment from refs for the rest of the playoffs. Open season on Bonino, nothing will be called.

Haha that was ... something. I think it clipped the end of his beard, and we all know that Bonino derives his strength from the beard. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol, awesome.

so now we know where Oshie got the idea from!

I guess Im rooting for the same thing I was rooting for, which is Pens win this round, and lose next round to Ottawa, who plays Edm in the finals. (I also bet on OTT+EDM to win their series)

That'd be a cool finals. I like anyone but Washington and Anaheim to win this Cup, and honestly, I'd be fine with the Caps if it didn't involve going through the Pens.

Pittsburgh vs. Edmonton would be a fun final. Sid (god willing) vs. Connor, Mario vs Wayne...

Pens nearing the end of their window. If we are ever going to get these two teams in the finals, this is probably it.

lol, awesome.

so now we know where Oshie got the idea from!

I guess Im rooting for the same thing I was rooting for, which is Pens win this round, and lose next round to Ottawa, who plays Edm in the finals. (I also bet on OTT+EDM to win their series)

Right after I wrote this, Edmonton blew a 2-0 lead in game 4. Then Ottawa lost, and then Pittsburgh lost.

Then Edmonton was up 3-0 in game 5 on Fri night, I was getting too tired to stay up, and I thought....

10min left, Ducks may still come back, let me stay up a few more minutes just in case.

6min left in game, highly doubtful, but Ducks could still come back.

4min left in game? nah, this one is over, Im going to sleep, its a 3-0 lead!

next morning...wtf?!?!

• Like 1

After the oilers got jobbed, I couldn't be happier for them to bounce back with a great game, regardless of what happens.

After the oilers got jobbed, I couldn't be happier for them to bounce back with a great game, regardless of what happens.

and it's probably costing me big in hockey pools. I was leading a few that I'm in because of Nashville.