2016 Draft, Free Agency And Off Season Trades

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Simmons likes the deal for Montreal.   Damien Cox likes the deal for the oilers.     Can't make this stuff up.

Toronto media and fans.....I want my hours of listening to all of you talk about Stamkos back.

Frans Nielsen is going to help Detroit sneak into the playoffs again.

I don't understand that trade from Ottawa's perspective.

Yeah, that's why I think the Rangers win. They got younger. They sold a guy who has a career year, who should already be past his prime. Zibanejad had a career year, but he's in his prime right now. May never march Brassard's career hear, but he's not that far off already.

Leafs PR ‏@LeafsPR 54m54 minutes ago

The @MapleLeafs have acquired a conditional pick in the 2017 NHL Draft from Anaheim in exchange for goaltender Jonathan Bernier. #TMLtalk

The conditions on this draft pick pretty ridiculous. It's essentially impossible.

Zibanejad and a 2nd for Brassard and a 7th.

I think the Rangers won this one.

what an interesting deal for July 18. why does it get made today, and not last month or next month? did Ottawa sell low on Ziba? I think so

• 4 weeks later...

Thoughts on Jimmy V?

He would really fit in well in Chicago if he wants to win right away. Boston has a wing spot open for him it looks like.

Buffalo+Toronto great young rosters to play with forever, but more competition there for ice time in the coming years.

Interesting choice. Hope he does better than Schultz did.

I think he's being seriously overhyped. He's 24 years old. I think his upside is fringe 2nd liner, and if he's not there already, he's not likely to improve much in the next few years. I'd still be happy if the leafs sign him because it's risk free, but this feels like Fabian Brunnstrom round 2.

Thoughts on Jimmy V?

He would really fit in well in Chicago if he wants to win right away. Boston has a wing spot open for him it looks like.

Buffalo+Toronto great young rosters to play with forever, but more competition there for ice time in the coming years.

Interesting choice. Hope he does better than Schultz did.

Not gonna lie I'm a little upset he chose the Rangers.

Vesey I did not have high hopes for as a leaf. These college guys always come with so much hype.

I am glad he did not choose to be a Leaf

There's really no downside to signing somebody like Vesey since his contract is an entry level one and small. Signing him is probably like getting a free late 1st round draft pick for a team.

There's really no downside to signing somebody like Vesey since his contract is an entry level one and small. Signing him is probably like getting a free late 1st round draft pick for a team.

Yes but in Toronto he would be expected to be the next auston Matthews