2016 Draft, Free Agency And Off Season Trades

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Simmons likes the deal for Montreal.   Damien Cox likes the deal for the oilers.     Can't make this stuff up.

Toronto media and fans.....I want my hours of listening to all of you talk about Stamkos back.

Frans Nielsen is going to help Detroit sneak into the playoffs again.

The best thing TSN could say about Martin is that he hit a career high in games played last season.

can already see Lou's influence and it isn't good.

Last year they drafted for skill and have a lot of promising players with some upside. This year they drafted for size which is mostly stupid.

Lou's team in NJ the last decade drafted horribly and developed horribly. The Leafs will be much better off when he no longer is making the hockey decisions.

can already see Lou's influence and it isn't good.

Last year they drafted for skill and have a lot of promising players with some upside. This year they drafted for size which is mostly stupid.

Lou's team in NJ the last decade drafted horribly and developed horribly. The Leafs will be much better off when he no longer is making the hockey decisions.

CmTaZRxVIAI3jNt.png

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 2h2 hours ago

Matt Martin averaged 10:33 minutes per game last season. Career high shooting percentage. Leafs analytics team wouldn't be pushing this.

Funny how teams weren't allowed to talk to free agents until noon but when the panthers announced Reiner today at like 1 pm he was in Florida in a panthers jersey. He and April must have been walking the streets of Miami with him wearing his fave jersey from FLA when they started negotiating.

Funny how teams weren't allowed to talk to free agents until noon but when the panthers announced Reiner today at like 1 pm he was in Florida in a panthers jersey. He and April must have been walking the streets of Miami with him wearing his fave jersey from FLA when they started negotiating.

they were allowed to talk but not negotiate specifics, nudge nudge wink wink

I'm in a group text that includes Ryan Jones. He was a little bitter that Dale Weise and Matt Martin got 4 year contracts.

the Cologne Sharks won't give him a long term deal ?

That's a decent contract. I would have been fine with the leafs signing him for that. I'm terrified the leafs are going to sign Kris Russell.

Some teams really have an unfair advantage when it comes to taxes.

Yes I agree. These guys should get personal accountants to travel with them.

Starting to get worried about the Leafs. Everything from the draft on feels more like the burke/nonis regime than the shanahan/dubas regime

Starting to get worried about the Leafs. Everything from the draft on feels more like the burke/nonis regime than the shanahan/dubas regime

Yeah, I get that a little too. I really liked Dubas, and to a lesser extent Mark Hunter having a lot of input. It seems now like it's all Lou. Not that they've done anything outrageously bad, but just the vibe.

Yeah, I get that a little too. I really liked Dubas, and to a lesser extent Mark Hunter having a lot of input. It seems now like it's all Lou. Not that they've done anything outrageously bad, but just the vibe.

I've voiced my concerns about Lou being the decision maker. He left Jersey a dumpster fire and he's always been a clear dictator and the one who makes the decisions and I don't know that he's capable of changing.

I believe next year and 2 years from now, they will be an impact in signings. Lots of dollars off the books next year.

Im not worried about lack of signings, I'm worried about the guys we signed and the guys we've been rumoured to be in on. Also the types of guys we drafted after Mathews

• Like 1

Im not worried about lack of signings, I'm worried about the guys we signed and the guys we've been rumoured to be in on. Also the types of guys we drafted after Mathews

Not on the same scale but remember when they did this for freaking Clarkson

You just don't ever give in to 4th liners and do anything that might hurt your flexibility to get or retain actual talent in the future.

CapFriendly

‏@CapFriendly

#CapFriendly CONFIRMED

Matt Martin #Leafs

2016-17= $1M ($2.5M SB)

2017-18= $1M ($1.5M SB)

2018-19= $750K ($1.5M SB)

2019-20= $750K ($1M SB)

Robert Cleave ‏@rmcleave 8h8 hours ago

Robert Cleave Retweeted CapFriendly

So, Matt Martin is so important to the Leafs that they gave him a deal that can't really be bought out. Hmm.

Sigh at wanting Russell for 4 years. Probably with a NTC and a stupid structure that can't be bought out.

Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 8h8 hours ago

I'm hearing Bruins are in on D Kris Russell. Perfect candidate for B's to massively overpay. Word is he turned down 4 yrs, $17M+ w/Leafs

Sigh at wanting Russell for 4 years. Probably with a NTC and a stupid structure that can't be bought out.

Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 8h8 hours ago

I'm hearing Bruins are in on D Kris Russell. Perfect candidate for B's to massively overpay. Word is he turned down 4 yrs, $17M+ w/Leafs

That is gross if true.

Leafs PR ‏@LeafsPR 54m54 minutes ago

The @MapleLeafs have acquired a conditional pick in the 2017 NHL Draft from Anaheim in exchange for goaltender Jonathan Bernier. #TMLtalk