I haven't had a chance to follow spring training as of yet.

What are some things that are happening ?

How are we looking?

Is the team better ? Worse ? Or same

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just a matter of taking off your foul-mouthed, beer swilling fanatical hat for a moment and putting on your decent human hat.

as a jaded blue jays fan, my arguments for signing Bautista for whatever he is asking:   1. If they don't spend it on Bautista, it won't get "Better spent elsewhere" on other players. This is the bl

Here's a good example how the Jays current run can establish life long fans throughout the county.   My nephew who is 11 years old lives in Montreal and only cared about hockey last few years. Love

I think a lot depends on how the pitchers develop. On paper I think they have better depth but are weaker at the top end with EE gone.

I haven't paid attention to spring training but considering everything went absolutely perfect with our pitching last year and that is unlikely to happen again, and we lost one of the best hitters in the AL and replaced him with much inferior players, there's a pretty good chance we won't be as good as last year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I haven't paid attention to spring training but considering everything went absolutely perfect with our pitching last year and that is unlikely to happen again, and we lost one of the best hitters in the AL and replaced him with much inferior players, there's a pretty good chance we won't be as good as last year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Ya, sadly I agree with this. Especially the pitching part, I think they will be "surprisingly" bad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I still think the jays are a pretty good team, and 1-9 is not indicative of how good this team is, it's going to be pretty hard to dig out of this hole and make the playoffs.

As the saying goes: you can't win the pennant in April, but you can lose it.

nm, everythings fine now.

:)

ya, I agree with you Dubey, better than they have shown, but this is the kind of bad start that can kill a whole year. They need a good run soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Now we pay the price for 2 years of fun!

I wouldn't even know where to start if I was the GM.

I'm not saying we do it now, but I think the roster sets up well for a rebuild. Sanchez and Stroman have a bunch of years left, and between Happ and Estrada, I'd think we could have at least one for a few serviceable years cheaply. Our farm isn't strong but isn't a total disaster. Bautista, Tulo, Martin and Morales are all tradeable - no one has an albatross contract. And Donaldson would fetch a king's ransom.

Currently lined up outside for a Marcus Stroman jersey. It's chilly.

At least the dome is closed and it will be like an oven inside! Hope Sanchez pitches pain free.

I'm not saying we do it now, but I think the roster sets up well for a rebuild. Sanchez and Stroman have a bunch of years left, and between Happ and Estrada, I'd think we could have at least one for a few serviceable years cheaply. Our farm isn't strong but isn't a total disaster. Bautista, Tulo, Martin and Morales are all tradeable - no one has an albatross contract. And Donaldson would fetch a king's ransom.

Russ is due $40 million over next 2 years. 20+20

Tulo is due $55 million over next 3 years. 20+20+15

Morales is due $23 million over next 2 years. 11+12

Jays will be eating some money off those contracts.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2 most one sided occurrences in baseball last year was Jays starting pitchers going injury free, and Texas Rangers record in 1 run games.

Gotta love baseball!

Last night, 5'8 Marcus Stroman, an AL pitcher, hit an opposite field homer on an 0-2 count. Has to be one of the most unlikely homers ever, though he is only a few years removed from college, where he was an ok hitter as a part-time position player

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have experience with MLB TV? It's cheap for the rest of the year on Father's Day and I'm considering it. I don't want any other packages or ott box or whatever, just curious if people had good experience with it

Anyone have experience with MLB TV? It's cheap for the rest of the year on Father's Day and I'm considering it. I don't want any other packages or ott box or whatever, just curious if people had good experience with it

Been using it with a friend for years. Good thing is more than 1 person can log in and use it.

Its really nice hearing different tv crews.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly I would be on board for a rebuild. As said by a writer, stage one would consist of trading Estrada, Lirano and Bautista. Stage 2 would be Donaldson and Happ. Stage 3 would be Stroman and Sanchez. I would be fine up to a stage 2.

• 2 months later...

Do we write this season off and come back strong next year? or blow it up..

We did have some injuries..

Good luck to Edwin who is on a record run