Us Politics For Betting (Not Talking About Politics)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was going to let this slide, but I just watched the video in question again and I just can't.   You watched a black man almost moved to tears as he passionately talked about an election and a coun

Most of you know that I am a fiscal conservative. If you didn't, you know now. I didn't vote for Trump and Im pretty sure I wouldn't have voted for Bernie Sanders. Would have looked for a 3rd candidat

My aunt used to foster parent children. I don't know how many she had, but I'd guess a few.   The last one she had she ended up adopting and now she's my cousin and she's awesome. She's early in he

Either way, feels like a red herring. Sexual deviance isn't going to sway Trump supporters, or have any lasting impact. It's "grab her by the pussy" all over again. Like, are these allegations even remotely surprising to anyone?

Either way, feels like a red herring. Sexual deviance isn't going to sway Trump supporters, or have any lasting impact. It's "grab her by the pussy" all over again. Like, are these allegations even remotely surprising to anyone?

Kompromat is about information that the person doesn't want to become public. It has nothing to do with supporters. Trump is all about being the alpha dog and it's possible that something like that could be held over his head from 5 years ago.

Garry Kasparov ‏@Kasparov63 23m23 minutes ago

If Putin has compromising leverage over Trump, as seems likely, it will be about the things Trump cares about, money & perception of riches.

Kompromat is about information that the person doesn't want to become public. It has nothing to do with supporters. Trump is all about being the alpha dog and it's possible that something like that could be held over his head from 5 years ago.

Garry Kasparov ‏@Kasparov63 23m23 minutes ago

If Putin has compromising leverage over Trump, as seems likely, it will be about the things Trump cares about, money & perception of riches.

Think about Junior Soprano's reaction to the stories about him being good at cunnilingus

Josh Barro ‏@jbarro 8m8 minutes ago

The thing about this story is, Trump hates being laughed at.

I did read that stuff like this could keep him from doing really bad things. He gets so caught up in it that some have said that you game to put stuff like this out there, true or not, weekly to keep him preoccupied because he simply can't ignore it and will let it devour him for days and days.

Politics and partisanship aside, without considering legacy, one thing about Obama is undeniable: Obama is an exceptional and riveting orator. I cannot remember ANY politician with his gift for speech.

• Like 2

Scott Wryn

‏@scottwrynn

The award for trolliest TV Guide listing ever goes to Scotland's Sunday Herald....brilliant!!! Unfortunately now Trump will invade Scotland

C2N-vycXcAAgEmg.jpg

and some left wing deplorables

CxJPdVVUoAARpam.jpg

Heh, even this has since come out to have been alt-right/neo-nazi group trying to make left-wingers look bad. Which is kind of an ongoing pattern...the worst things the left is accused is often just things people on the right do and assume that lefties are as evil as them so must be doing it too, rarely with actual evidence.

Garry Kasparov ‏@Kasparov63 11h11 hours ago

Words to ponder from the first Republican president, who helped fend off the original Know-Nothings. Also appropriate for MLK Jr Day.

C2QTdvMWIAAKyhL.jpg

TORONTO — The Canadian dollar climbed Tuesday against higher oil prices and a softening greenback following comments from president-elect Donald Trump that seem to suggest he favours a weaker U.S. dollar.

The loonie gained 0.61 of a U.S. cent to 76.58 cents US, a day before a scheduled interest rate announcement by the Bank of Canada.

It's highly anticipated that bank governor Stephen Poloz will hold its benchmark rate steady at 0.5 per cent.

Stephen Carlin, head of equities and managing director at CIBC Asset Management, says the rise in the Canadian dollar can be pegged to the weakening of the greenback, that started to fall after Trump told the Wall Street Journal in an interview published Monday that the dollar was "too strong."

"Our companies can't compete with them (China) now because our currency is too strong. And it’s killing us," Trump, who will be inaugurated into the White House on Friday, told the newspaper.

Carlin said the comments made investors nervous about the incoming president's policies.

"It's not typical of a president-elect or a president to make a comment specific around this topic. This is a new regime. This is a new party in power so the markets are really trying to gauge what these comments mean," he said.

Whats the over/under date for when I stop going "wow, THAT guy is President"

I've never been so often stunned when I recall something I have known all too well for over 90days.

probably never

it feels like a fever dream, well a fever nightmare

I'm almost more dumbstruck by the cabinet. I watched the Devos confirmation, she's just an idiot. Then the Mnuchin debacle. He's already talking about repealing the measures that were put into place to protect people from.... HIM. wow

I think the prop bet line is currently at 1/3rd chance he doesn't finish his term (impeached or quits)

Well I might have proof where I posted right after Pence was picked that the plan was to let him do his thing then when in office he gets impeached and Pence is the Prez. He didn't want Pence and Ryan and others forced Pence on him and that was made pretty clear.

Ryan clearly hates Trump. I hate Ryan but we agree on Trump. There is definitely enough there to impeach so it would be no surprise if that is the play. He;s in congress talking about changes and ignoring the plans that Trump is talking about. Trumps days will be numbered is my guess. It would not be surprising if Trump got played by Putin and by his "party". Pretty sure he is an easy man to manipulate.

I could be wrong, that's fine. It's a lot more plausible then the" Obama is going to take our guns and put white people in concentration camp" theories that were talked about 8 years ago.

Well I might have proof where I posted right after Pence was picked that the plan was to let him do his thing then when in office he gets impeached and Pence is the Prez. He didn't want Pence and Ryan and others forced Pence on him and that was made pretty clear.

Ryan clearly hates Trump. I hate Ryan but we agree on Trump. There is definitely enough there to impeach so it would be no surprise if that is the play. He;s in congress talking about changes and ignoring the plans that Trump is talking about. Trumps days will be numbered is my guess. It would not be surprising if Trump got played by Putin and by his "party". Pretty sure he is an easy man to manipulate.

I could be wrong, that's fine. It's a lot more plausible then the" Obama is going to take our guns and put white people in concentration camp" theories that were talked about 8 years ago.

the problem is that GOP Congress Critters are more afraid of the people who voted for Trump then they against a President Trump

As long as he agrees to cut the rich people's taxes Paul Ryan is happy.