Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

So Halloween is approaching and I always like to dress up when I take the kids out.

Definetely want a clash of clans costume and trying to make something for a Level 6 giant.

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.
  • Like 3
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

I love it. Please take a picture

So Halloween is approaching and I always like to dress up when I take the kids out.

Definetely want a clash of clans costume and trying to make something for a Level 6 giant.

Should go as a PEKKA.

So I've gotten really bitter about these bases that look like they are offering up their TH but have tesla's hidden. I normally will not use lightning on any DE container with less than 1000 DE in it, but if a base that has those secret teslas, and makes me dump a bunch more archers/ units than I intended, I will zap their DE no matter what, if they have over 100 DE. **** those guys.

Heh, thought of you yesterday because I did exactly that for a few hours. Was really low on resources and down on trophies, so was hoping for a few freebie trophies from people like you. Didn't work, but I did run a TH9 out of troops faster than he expected and probably saved myself some loot.

Being attacked has been such a weird cyclical thing. Sometimes I'll have 2-3 million in resources, and go days where I'm only getting my TH hit and nothing else. Others I'm getting raided for 6 figures every time. Looking back at my log it really seems like I get all of one for 3 days, then all of the other.

Holy crap. Awesome. I have no other words. I suggested to my wife that if the baby were a little older and would go on my shoulders, we'd combine to go as a wizard tower. She did not laugh...

Not bad.

A night based intro screen.

A new skeleton trap.

The ability to boost all your elixir and gold mines at the same time with one purchase.

An added mortar at TH8.

Plus a 1-gem boost for spells. Nothing much for us losers at TH7, and the added mortar at TH8 will make raiding higher bases significantly harder, since the lack of high-level splash damage was a big help in getting to resources even when you're significantly out-levelled.

Boost combining is very smart. Like the wall combining and making walls purchaseable with elixir, very smart upgrades to make things simpler for people who are starting to get serious at those levels. Some smart people work there.

So with those skeleton things...will they continue to be on people's base after the Halloween period? Or do they go away? I read about some other 'holiday' things and couldn't tell if they got taken off people's bases, or maybe just went out of use if they couldn't be purchased, but those were specific to spells, whereas traps could be more permanent.

Ok, time to wave the white flag. I was conquered by the masses.

My son asked me this morning if it was ok for him to join online clans. Turns out he's been playing for a week or so, and wants to take it up another level because he built walls and a bunch of other stuff that sounded like Japanese to me.

He's going to ask today at school to see if there are any clans he can join, but I thought of you guys, if you aren't all full in your clan.

So can he join?

And I may join too, just to have something I can share with him. If I suck, does that really ruin it for you guys?

btw, my son already is one of "those guys".

he spent money on an upgrade, he has a large credit balance with itunes, so he spent $5? there to upgrade his jewels or something.

***Excuse my ignorance of the game, and the terminology.

let me know if we can join, and what the rules are for your clan, if there are any.

My son asked me this morning if it was ok for him to join online clans. Turns out he's been playing for a week or so, and wants to take it up another level because he built walls and a bunch of other stuff that sounded like Japanese to me.

He's going to ask today at school to see if there are any clans he can join, but I thought of you guys, if you aren't all full in your clan.

So can he join?

And I may join too, just to have something I can share with him. If I suck, does that really ruin it for you guys?

he spent money on an upgrade, he has a large credit balance with itunes, so he spent $5? there to upgrade his jewels or something.

let me know if we can join, and what the rules are for your clan, if there are any.

Awesome. Yes he can join. But there is a minimum trophy amount he has to have.

Needs 800 trophies. If he is playing for a week he may not have it. Not sure if Chris can override that

Awesome. Yes he can join. But there is a minimum trophy amount he has to have.

Needs 800 trophies. If he is playing for a week he may not have it. Not sure if Chris can override that

no worries, ill tell him to get to that first.

No free rides, let him show his worth, and understand thats what you gotta do get entry. Challenges are good. :)

Let me guess your name is Whalers

I need a name? Hakan Loob work?

Damn, and now I'll need 800 trophies.

Does the AHL one count? I HAVE THAT! oooo, sorry.

(seems like I wont have it for very long the way this year is going)

• Like 1

I need a name? Hakan Loob work?

Damn, and now I'll need 800 trophies.

Does the AHL one count? I HAVE THAT! oooo, sorry.

(seems like I wont have it for very long the way this year is going)

r

Lol. Man how do you lose on a night Kessel scores 2 plus 1. And you are playing the worst team ever with no salary. Lol

Good news: a couple big lightning raids and I've got my Barb King Level 2 started. Bad news...I don't get to use him all day! Ideally would've started the build overnight, but didn't want to leave myself open to getting raided. Hate that I need a builder for it, which I know someone complained about him above.

But wanted to take this time to express my appreciation for him. No regrets about getting him, though wasn't sure how useful he would be. Just...awesome. It's unusual that I can't get 50% on goblin-heavy raids with him, making it easier to hit a variety of bases without taking a trophy hit, and often saving me 10-20 archers both by distracting defenses and taking out a few structures to get me to that key 50% number. He's basically like having several giants available on every raid. Love it.

Upgrades seem barely worth it, since the tiny upgrades may not be worth the extra 2 minute regeneration. Even after level 5, getting an extra 6 barbarians doesn't seem all that beneficial, but it's a fun goal to work at. Wish that I could get the Archer Queen sooner, since she seems equally or more awesome.

So can he join?

That's awesome! The game is fast to learn. I strongly suggest reading a start-up guide, like the one I've linked below. It is a game where early mistakes can have huge effects down the line (like using your gems too early, or upgrading your Town Hall too quickly), and just a very general idea of start-up strategy is more than enough for you to go forward based on your own.

If you haven't already, you should be spending your first few days pretty much doing nothing but building as many gold mines and elixir collectors as possible, and upgrading them as high as possible.

And if you have any beginner-type questions, ask away. The game gives you PLENTY of time to find your own way and make your own decisions...there's no reason to make early mistakes that might frustrate you for weeks.

EDIT - forgot the link

http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Flammy's_Strategy_Guides/Total_Newbie_Guide

That's awesome! The game is fast to learn. I strongly suggest reading a start-up guide, like the one I've linked below. It is a game where early mistakes can have huge effects down the line (like using your gems too early, or upgrading your Town Hall too quickly), and just a very general idea of start-up strategy is more than enough for you to go forward based on your own.

If you haven't already, you should be spending your first few days pretty much doing nothing but building as many gold mines and elixir collectors as possible, and upgrading them as high as possible.

And if you have any beginner-type questions, ask away. The game gives you PLENTY of time to find your own way and make your own decisions...there's no reason to make early mistakes that might frustrate you for weeks.

EDIT - forgot the link

http://clashofclans....al_Newbie_Guide

That link has been splashed by a mortar.

That link has been splashed by a mortar.

ya, that link has me confused. This game has me confused.

I dont like this thread. :)

weird, sorry guys. Here:

http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Flammy%27s_Strategy_Guides/Total_Newbie_Guide

Trust me Arp, I never play these kind of games, and was also very confused. That link helped get me through start-up, and from there, things got a lot easier.

Did we ever get spanked in this war...WOW

That was a mean clan..They had almost full participation..

Question to leaders:

How is the opponenet picked? Is it just random and the program matches us up..Some clans are much easier than others..But that might be because of participation rates, donating into clan castles as well.

Did we ever get spanked in this war...WOW

That was a mean clan..They had almost full participation..

Question to leaders:

How is the opponenet picked? Is it just random and the program matches us up..Some clans are much easier than others..But that might be because of participation rates, donating into clan castles as well.

It's random, but random within a grouping. We would never be matched up against Quantams Web, for example. Sort of matched against similar strength clans.

The problem we have had as of late is our lower level players have been trophy pushing. That means, for war purposes, a player might be ranked higher than myself or say, Adam or Dubey, even tho our setups are much better, and we are much stronger, since we're farming and keep our trophies down. If everyone was farming, and we played down in levels quite a bit, we'd fare much better. Not suggesting we do that, it's just the reality of how it works.

But this clan was very strong, had huge participation, and well stocked castles. And they attacked with a purpose. They didn't double up on attacks on previously attacked bases until the very end when they were just mopping up extra stars.

We have some players that do that consistently, attack bases that have already been one-starred. And players that attack way below their level. But you can't get rid of those things very easily, and at the end of the day, we have a really good group, so not much point in getting all strict on people.

It's random, but random within a grouping. We would never be matched up against Quantams Web, for example. Sort of matched against similar strength clans.

The problem we have had as of late is our lower level players have been trophy pushing. That means, for war purposes, a player might be ranked higher than myself or say, Adam or Dubey, even tho our setups are much better, and we are much stronger, since we're farming and keep our trophies down. If everyone was farming, and we played down in levels quite a bit, we'd fare much better. Not suggesting we do that, it's just the reality of how it works.

But this clan was very strong, had huge participation, and well stocked castles. And they attacked with a purpose. They didn't double up on attacks on previously attacked bases until the very end when they were just mopping up extra stars.

We have some players that do that consistently, attack bases that have already been one-starred. And players that attack way below their level. But you can't get rid of those things very easily, and at the end of the day, we have a really good group, so not much point in getting all strict on people.

Ya good points..

I just noticed Adrian shot up in trophies to like around 1450..I told him to start farming..

We BOTH decided that we arent going to TH8 until we are ready, unlike some of his younger friends have..Its very tempting to get the new toys that come with the next TH, but its proper strategy I think to be prepared before moving up..

I am maxed out on Barbs, Archers, Giants, Goblins...Once I do my Wizards and another level on the Dragon I may move up..My archer towers and wizard towers have been slowly getting higher...I dont think I will MAX everything, but I like to be as close as possible.

I think you've done a good job controlling these things. Really frustrating sometimes when guys attack really low, or when the high-rank guys only send out enough to obviously get 1 star, or people double-up, or people ask for dragons just to mount an attack that can't get more than 1...but in the end you can only control so much, and with a group of kids and unserious people, there's no need to get all professional about it. We're all having fun, and hopefully just the little bit of tension on 'good' behaviours will help things steadily improve.

Interesting too that not only did war bonuses increase, but the percentage you get for a loss increased from 20% to 30%, and the clan castles got bigger.

man, I have been having an awful time raiding around 1150-1200 trophies. Takes me 20 views every time, and I'm lucky if I find a base with more than 75k in total resources that isn't very well covered. For a couple weeks, I had no trouble sticking around 1175-1250 trophies just by getting 50% or so on 3/4 attacks, to make up for taking a trophy hit on a big score, but I've also been struggling even just to get to 1200 with all the awful bases.

Strongly considering dropping back to the 1000-1050 range and trying my luck there! Anyone else having a rough raiding week? A good raiding week?