Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

Left my computer with under 200 trophies. Got attacked 3 times in the first minute and 6 times in 3 minutes, all by people purely dumping trophies. Got attacked 5 minutes later by someone actually trying to hurt me, but they weren't a superstar or anything and didn't get much. Then got dumped trophies one more time about a half-hour later.

Final tally:

90 minutes

+127 trophies up to 307.

0 shields (even though my TH is outside)

1300 total resources lost.

Haven't scouted my attackers yet, but it seems likely I'll be able to revenge them to lightning their dark elixir. I think they are too active and their bases are too strong to revenge attack for anything else.

I have no idea if this strategy makes sense or is viable, but it's definitely weird down at this trophy level.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

It's actually kind of funny. I was just at 280 trophies for 2 hours. No attacks. Drop down to 235, get attacked 3 times in 3 minutes, all by pure trophy-droppers.

This could be a really awesome dark elixir farming strategy. With low resources, just drop down to 200 trophies or so, get attacked a bunch, and build a revenge list. I'm guessing 80% of the people who have attacked me are TH8 and have 5k+ in dark elixir. I'll just build a bit of elixir, boost my spells and go on a lightning rampage. They're all really active so there is no loot to get, but it's also basically a free attack, since they can't revenge me, and the only cost is paying 380 in gold a few dozen times to drop my trophies.

I'm happy to pay 60k in elixir for 300 in dark elixir since I can always just raid for more elixir. Looks like the 'attack' list (aka revenge list) is limited to 39 people? Annoying that it isn't much longer, but I'll be interested to see how much dark i can stomp out in a few hours, especially since most of my targets won't be on shields...since they're at 200 trophies and no one wants to attack them!

It's only been a day or two, but I'm liking this. Short version - a fun strategy that is conducive to playing a lot in an hour or two, rather than making an attack, then waiting a while. Long version:

It isn't a playground of abandoned bases or anything, but there seems to be some consistent things that are allowing me to come up with a very profitable strategy. Basically, it goes like this:

- start around 275 trophies

- drop down below 200. There is some kind of glitch in the ladder system, because you literally will not find a single base about TH3 or so until you get to 200. And at exactly 200, you start seeing all the other bases of people like you. Anyway, this only takes a few minutes and costs a few thousand in gold, since you can drop 5-7 at a time usually.

- once I get to 200, it is just normal raiding. But the bases are weird. There are a ton of base with 10-50k in total resources that are almost completely unprotected. It seems like they're mostly active people who are very new - so generally a couple storages, a couple mines and a level 1 cannon, mortar, etc. I rarely have to click for more than a couple, and can find 20-30k that I can get with a couple dozen goblins, so you're almost constantly attacking. No big scores, but a great hourly rate. If you have an hour to play, it's much better than attacking than waiting 10-20 minutes for your army. Plus, since you're not offline, you can't be attacked. Occasionally I run into someone who is like me, and I just skip them. If I run into someone with not enough resources, I just drop my barb king and move on...until 150 trophies you generally lose 2-3 at a time. Though it doesn't seem to matter if you're at 100 trophies or 200.

- Anyway, as soon as you log off, you get attacked multiple times per minute by people dumping trophies. It's funny - if someone attacks you and loses (on purpose, presumably), they get -2 trophies...and you get +18 or so! Again, kind of glifchy. But it basically means you get back to 275 or so almost immediately, and at that point, you can be offline for hours and not get attacked, or you'll run into someone who wants the trophies and will hit your TH outside and give you a shield.

- The whole strategy wouldn't really be any better than a normal one, except all those trophy dumpers in the last step are now on your revenge list. When I'm doing it, if I saw someone like me, I just skip them instead of dumping. But a lot of TH8-TH9 are dumping to me. You can't attack them right away, since they're still online, and as per the step above, a lot of them end up having shields when they go offline. But there's usually 5-10 new ones, and when I come back later, at least a few aren't on shields or anything, and they pretty much all have a ton of DE. I generally use lightning, but I've also found even the high bases at that level aren't nearly as well designed as the ones I've seen raiding at normal trophy levels, and have been able to get in some good raids without lightning too.

- In the past 24 hours, I've raided nearly 6000 DE just on revenge attacks, using 3 lightning spells probably 8-10 times. Was really awesome when we had that 1 gem spell boost, though annoying now that that is gone. If I want to, I can pretty consistently find someone to get 250-300 DE from for 60000 elixir, and since farming elixir is super-fast, it's a nice trade-off.

So far, I have not had one successful attack against me, even though I had well over 2 million in resources and 10k DE for most of it. Only maybe 2 people even attacked, and both were weak ones. The rest just dumped, even though many of them were TH9 and had full armies. They'd just rather take the easy stuff then re-train a whole army to come after me. Plus, they're probably clicking through too fast to even notice much. I can definitely see this as a fun strategy to build DE (almost ready to start my level 4 barb king!) or as a way to quickly build up for a big upgrade without leaving a lot of resources sitting around.

Welp, the next couple times I left myself at <100 trophies, I got 3-starred. Once I had 3 million in resources and 17K dark in elixir, but the other time I had less than 2 million and almost no dark elixir. Both were by TH9, so it didn't hurt too badly, and both oddly spent nearly as much as they got from attacking me...kind of weird armies they were carrying...but now that I know the possibility is there, the strategy at least isn't quite as perfectly simple. Plenty of area to change things around though that still can make it a good strategy for farming gold/elixir, and a great one for farming dark.

ok last one on this, but it cracks me up. So I saved a builder this time, such that when I logged off I had minimal resources. In 9 minutes, I was attacked 14 times, each time by a single troop:

L2 Archer

L2 Barb King

L9 Barb King

L3 Barb King

L1 Barb King

L3 Barb King

L1 Barb King

L6 Barb King

L4 Archer

L2 Barb King

L3 Goblin

L6 Barb King (same guy as above)

L2 Archer Queen

L6 Archer

On first glance, that looks like 10-12 bases that are going to have a very decent amount of dark elixir for moi. Trick is to just catch them offline...

ok, time for some new conversation. so what's everyone saving for? next big upgrade? I'm getting ready to start my TH8, probably early next week.

By the time those 8 days are up, I want:

- all blue walls (87 down, 88 to go!)

- all defences maxed (just one Air D needs to go from L3 to L5)

- all lab upgrades done (just balloons from L2 to L4 left)

- with the new strategy, hoping to get Barb King to level 5 (16,500 dark elixir away, though I may use some gems)

- have my storages pretty much full so I can start big-time upgrades as soon as possible

- won't have nearly as much done on collectors as I want, but I'll live with that. They'll mostly be at level 9.

Last few weeks have been crazy for me so haven't had much time for raiding. Mostly just emptying my collectors and getting my war attacks in, with maybe a raid or two per day.

I was catching up on walls for awhile. Got all my walls to pink finally, and my inner wall to Purple. Going to stop for awhile because it was getting boring just upgrading walls at 200k a pop.

Got my Dragons to lvl 3. Don't have any more immediately pressing troop upgrades to do as archer/barbs/wiz/giants/dragons are all maxed now. have 2 lvl 9 barracks now so training the dragon Hoarde is a lot easier. I think my next Elixer upgrade will be lvl 3 dark Barracks. Also want to get my ADs to lvl 5 (upgrading 1st one right now), then get back at the Teslas. Still months away from considering going to TH9.

I'm having issues finding loot since my upgrade to TH8. I knew it would happen. But I'm thinking it's my trophy range too. I'm in 1000-1100 range.

The opportunities are there for the 200k plus loot. But takes forever. Anyways.

Having 5 builders has helped. But I'm always shirt on elixir. I try and make about a million a day with 6-7 attacks. 2 in morning. Few more at night. Give or take.

My lab will be upgraded in 2 days so I can start with Level 5 troops.

What's better level 1 hogs or lvl 5 archers/barbs/Giants?

I never use hogs. You should probably be focusing all your DE on Barb King upgrades for the next while anyway, so definitely Archers/Barbs/Giants/Wizards.

I'm also fairly certain that Arch/Barb swarm is the optimal layout for raiding in the 1k-1500 trophy range.

Takes 20 minutes to train. Cost 30k elixer (at lvl 5). Pretty much guaranteed to get 40-100% destruction on any TH8, and 65-100% destruction on any TH7. You pretty much always destroy the outer ring of the base, so just look for bases with full collectors, or with storages that are close to the edges. 100 Barbs, 90 Archers. Start by dropping your barb king to draw some fire, then press and drag in a circle around the base and spread the barbs out equally around the entire base, then do the same with Archers. I usually look for TH7s but will attack a TH8 or TH9 if they have very full collectors within range of the outer edge. I never use spells while raiding and I pretty much ignore castle troops.

• Like 1

Last few weeks have been crazy for me so haven't had much time for raiding. Mostly just emptying my collectors and getting my war attacks in, with maybe a raid or two per day.

I was catching up on walls for awhile. Got all my walls to pink finally, and my inner wall to Purple. Going to stop for awhile because it was getting boring just upgrading walls at 200k a pop.

Got my Dragons to lvl 3. Don't have any more immediately pressing troop upgrades to do as archer/barbs/wiz/giants/dragons are all maxed now. have 2 lvl 9 barracks now so training the dragon Hoarde is a lot easier. I think my next Elixer upgrade will be lvl 3 dark Barracks. Also want to get my ADs to lvl 5 (upgrading 1st one right now), then get back at the Teslas. Still months away from considering going to TH9.

Good stuff.

I never use hogs. You should probably be focusing all your DE on Barb King upgrades for the next while anyway, so definitely Archers/Barbs/Giants/Wizards.

I'm also fairly certain that Arch/Barb swarm is the optimal layout for raiding in the 1k-1500 trophy range.

Takes 20 minutes to train. Cost 30k elixer (at lvl 5). Pretty much guaranteed to get 40-100% destruction on any TH8, and 65-100% destruction on any TH7. You pretty much always destroy the outer ring of the base, so just look for bases with full collectors, or with storages that are close to the edges. 100 Barbs, 90 Archers. Start by dropping your barb king to draw some fire, then press and drag in a circle around the base and spread the barbs out equally around the entire base, then do the same with Archers. I usually look for TH7s but will attack a TH8 or TH9 if they have very full collectors within range of the outer edge. I never use spells while raiding and I pretty much ignore castle troops.

So you spread the ring around the entire base? Maybe this is where I make mistakes with this strategy, because I try to spread them wide, but still focus on certain areas if they have a storage or defensive structure I want to eliminate. I haven't found the strategy to work all that well (though for a while I was using level 3 barbs) so maybe that'll help. I'm also amazed you don't add in some goblins, just to pop that extra bit of loot. I get that you might end up with more by being able to actually destroy things rather than just pick away, but in my experience, I'd often end up with 50-75% destruction, but more than I wanted left in the juicy storages (so maybe I was picking ones with too well-protected storages!)

I'm having issues finding loot since my upgrade to TH8. I knew it would happen. But I'm thinking it's my trophy range too. I'm in 1000-1100 range.

The opportunities are there for the 200k plus loot. But takes forever. Anyways.

Having 5 builders has helped. But I'm always shirt on elixir. I try and make about a million a day with 6-7 attacks. 2 in morning. Few more at night. Give or take.

My lab will be upgraded in 2 days so I can start with Level 5 troops.

What's better level 1 hogs or lvl 5 archers/barbs/Giants?

yuck, i've been putting off upgrading for that same reason. really anxious about the loot drop when moving up.

Update on the base. All my splash defenses are maxed, teslas are maxed, air defenses are in the process of maxing. my need to upgrade the cannons and towers I have a bunch of mines that need to be maxed.. I'm about to max out my elixir collectors and am going to start in on the gold mines next. I am upgrading the final camp to max. I'm about halfway to the blue walls. Half my storages are maxed, and I want to max all of them before I move up.

My lab, I am upgrading breakers to 4, and have to do a 2 million healing and 400K rage upgrades.

I'm pretty much a nit about upgrading my TH, and won't be doing it at all early, I enjoy the raiding at the level i'm at

Good stuff.

So you spread the ring around the entire base? Maybe this is where I make mistakes with this strategy, because I try to spread them wide, but still focus on certain areas if they have a storage or defensive structure I want to eliminate. I haven't found the strategy to work all that well (though for a while I was using level 3 barbs) so maybe that'll help. I'm also amazed you don't add in some goblins, just to pop that extra bit of loot. I get that you might end up with more by being able to actually destroy things rather than just pick away, but in my experience, I'd often end up with 50-75% destruction, but more than I wanted left in the juicy storages (so maybe I was picking ones with too well-protected storages!)

Yeah pretty much spread them as much as possible to avoid the affects of splash damage. Eventually they come together at a wall break, but it keeps the enemy defenses scattered at the beginning while we do most of the destruction. I've never bothered with goblins because most of the time I end up destroying all the collectors anyway with this strategy, and the goblins would never get to the inner storages without dying anyway.

I'll share a couple of my attacks on the clan chat if you guys want to see the strategy in action.

In rare cases where everything is on one side of the base, I'll focus all my troops on one side, but most of the time, completely spreading them out works better.

nm, I guess I don't have any replays available to share right now since I haven't been raiding much. I'll sneak in a raid in between war attacks later today and share the replay

oh, and my barb king has been stuck at level 2. I've been hovering aroudn 10K elixir for over a week, it's annoying. And I haven't even bulit my dark barracks at all, I want to do that before I move up.

Now that I know what I know about the drop-down strategy, I think I won't bother with dark elixir at all really once I get to TH8. I'll have my drill going and upgraded but there's better uses for time and raiding. Keeping it low seems to help avoid getting raided too. If I think I'll have a few hours to play non-top, can always drop down and go through the motions.

Yeah pretty much spread them as much as possible to avoid the affects of splash damage. Eventually they come together at a wall break, but it keeps the enemy defenses scattered at the beginning while we do most of the destruction. I've never bothered with goblins because most of the time I end up destroying all the collectors anyway with this strategy, and the goblins would never get to the inner storages without dying anyway.

I'll share a couple of my attacks on the clan chat if you guys want to see the strategy in action.

In rare cases where everything is on one side of the base, I'll focus all my troops on one side, but most of the time, completely spreading them out works better.

Would love to see them. I always find mine come together in front of a wiz tower and just get wiped out 3 at a time lol.

edit - whenever, obviously.

Update on the base. All my splash defenses are maxed, teslas are maxed, air defenses are in the process of maxing. my need to upgrade the cannons and towers I have a bunch of mines that need to be maxed.. I'm about to max out my elixir collectors and am going to start in on the gold mines next. I am upgrading the final camp to max. I'm about halfway to the blue walls. Half my storages are maxed, and I want to max all of them before I move up.

My lab, I am upgrading breakers to 4, and have to do a 2 million healing and 400K rage upgrades.

I'm pretty much a nit about upgrading my TH, and won't be doing it at all early, I enjoy the raiding at the level i'm at

You'll notice the WBs, I was surprised at how often the extra hit-points helped them get through. Good for you for working on mines and ADs. Those 4-6 day waits for things that don't have much of an effect is frustrating.

This strategy can be nicely augmented by dropping a couple of giants on each side. They draw fire like there's no tomorrow, and give everyone else a chance to get busy.

This strategy can be nicely augmented by dropping a couple of giants on each side. They draw fire like there's no tomorrow, and give everyone else a chance to get busy.

I did notice in one of dubey raids he seemed to benefit quite a bit from some clan giants...when my barb king is upgrading I usually carry a few and try to draw the splash attacks with those. When my barb king is back online, not sure if ill continue...maybe carry just a couple for special use.

Yeah they definitely can make a pretty huge difference. They are just expensive. Not sure if using them increases your "ROI" over time or not. I may experiment with some raids including a few giants and see how it goes.

Shared another replay from this morning. Might be my best raid ever. almost 600k from a TH7

I need help friends. I'm not getting any high loot available.

With my TH8 what trophy level should I be raiding at?

I need help friends. I'm not getting any high loot available.

With my TH8 what trophy level should I be raiding at?

I have TH8 and I find the most lucrative villages in the 1100-1350 trophy range. Be warned: you need good troops.

I have TH8 and I find the most lucrative villages in the 1100-1350 trophy range. Be warned: you need good troops.

Laboratory will be ready today. So will be getting Level 5 stuff cooking.