2014 Playoff Thread

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But but but you support drug user rob ford...

Well, that should pretty much kill my chances of ever eating hummus again.  

Serge, you know I usually stick up for you but you are coming off really bad here.   Subban a cheater? This is a guy who gets booed every tiem he touches the puck, mostly because he is black. Had ra

I'm not a fan of Montreal. At least gravy serves a purpose in life.

All the problems this country has originates from those trouble makers.

Remember that poster Montreal-est. jerk

• Like 1

I can't believe he wrote an anti bully book. I am completely floored since he is the bully

well he is an expert on the subject

• Like 1

Ok enough with the Lucic apologising( on my part) , back to hating that guy..Prick...

• Like 1

Looking back at some of my posts, lol, if you dont know me I really look like a lunatic..

Its supposed to be meant all in fun...I have mentioned sports hate, isnt real world hate...

GO RANGERS

Maybe you should go outside and see if you can help the leafs make the playoffs next season.

You are an idiot..but in a funny way

Really? What if an MLS team was in the Champions League, would you not root for them if you cared about soccer? I mean, there are basically no sports where Americans compete in professional leagues where the significant majority of teams are not also American, so it's basically irrelevant.

I prefer the people close to me are happy, rather than being unhappy (aka having a geographical rival). Maybe I'm just a lover and not a fighter.

Really. I have never rooted for a professional sports team because they are from the US. Never. Really

Really. I have never rooted for a professional sports team because they are from the US. Never. Really

I know. Like I said, its a meaningless distinction because in every other professional league, the US has all or almost all the teams. I don't expect you to root for the American team against the Blue Jays or Raptors, when you have 29/30 teams in the league.

It's hockey. It's Canada's game. We're Canadian. Not rooting for a Canadian team just seems weird. Or rather, rooting for a Canadian team seems exactly as normal as rooting for the team that plays in your city.

I know. Like I said, its a meaningless distinction because in every other professional league, the US has all or almost all the teams. I don't expect you to root for the American team against the Blue Jays or Raptors, when you have 29/30 teams in the league.

It's hockey. It's Canada's game. We're Canadian. Not rooting for a Canadian team just seems weird. Or rather, rooting for a Canadian team seems exactly as normal as rooting for the team that plays in your city.

It's funny this topic is very polarizing. People either agree with you or think its ludicrous.

Actually, I neither agree with him or think its ludicrous. Im pretty apathetic to it, though I guess I could see how some would root that way, I really dont. Like, I dont care if Calgary beats Tampa Bay in the Cup Finals....I was prob rooting for Tampa that year.

There are just certain players/teams that I like, and I root for them. Habs have always been one of my faves, nothing to do with Canada, other than they were on HNIC often.

I was definitely rooting for Tampa that year, won me a pool.

However, I definitely rooted for Edmonton in the Carolina series, with the caveat that I wouldn't mind Carolina winning.

I'm pretty sure I was against Vancouver most recently.

I'm torn tonight.

Lubomir played for both The Kings and The Ducks so I can't use that to decide who to cheer for.

Actually I have more Big M's on The Ducks currently so that's who I want to win.

I'm torn tonight.

Lubomir played for both The Kings and The Ducks so I can't use that to decide who to cheer for.

Actually I have more Big M's on The Ducks currently so that's who I want to win.

Vegas had this series right the whole way...Was a pickem from the beginning..LA seems poised to win, as they are the masters of the elimination games..But Anaheim can just as easily win...Dont think it matter as I believe that the Hawks are much better than either team and should advance to the finals against the RANGERS..RANGERS i said

Serge, look away.

Assuming Montreal wins the Cup, what needs to happen for D. Dubnyk to get his name on the Cup? Does he need to just dress for a game?

Vegas had this series right the whole way...Was a pickem from the beginning..LA seems poised to win, as they are the masters of the elimination games..But Anaheim can just as easily win...Dont think it matter as I believe that the Hawks are much better than either team and should advance to the finals against the RANGERS..RANGERS i said

Hard to argue with any of that. When you're right, you're right.

Serge, look away.

Assuming Montreal wins the Cup, what needs to happen for D. Dubnyk to get his name on the Cup? Does he need to just dress for a game?

I remember reading about Loktionov the year LA won, and it was something like 15 regular season games or 1 game played in the playoffs. But Loktionov had one of those and LA chose to keep him off the Cup anyway.

Ok, I suppose that didnt really answer your question, and its obvious Im just guessing/dont know.

Serge, look away.

I would decline..No thank you...

I remember reading about Loktionov the year LA won, and it was something like 15 regular season games or 1 game played in the playoffs. But Loktionov had one of those and LA chose to keep him off the Cup anyway.

Ok, I suppose that didnt really answer your question, and its obvious Im just guessing/dont know.

It's 41 games or 1 in either the playoffs or finals, don't recall which. The 41 games thing is right though.