2014 Trade Deadline

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its times like this that I wish my GM wasn't a dumbass. Every time my phone buzzes with a Notification from Score Mobile, I panic.

trade is pure trash for the blues. not pleased. truthfully I didn't even know about it, I just randomly checked into the hockey forum.

Maybe he should have been at the Olympics then, since the MVP was like 42? Stop discriminating against us!  

I actually think serge is fair in this one: a hockey trade is one in which the primary concern for both teams to hopefully improve. Most of the trades made today were based on salary, pending free agency, unhappiness, etc. These are all certainly part of any trade, but more and more these become the primary concern as opposed to the player helping the team.

• Like 1

Zibanejad

I doubt this means anything regarding organizational philosophy regarding xenophobia.

I don't say the org was wrong moving on from Alfie, Runblad, Silverberg, and Petersson. It's just interesting that Ottawa had a minor Swedish invasion going that is now somewhat over.

I actually think serge is fair in this one: a hockey trade is one in which the primary concern for both teams to hopefully improve. Most of the trades made today were based on salary, pending free agency, unhappiness, etc. These are all certainly part of any trade, but more and more these become the primary concern as opposed to the player helping the team.

I thought we were going to troll Serge some more... didn't you get the memo?

Thanks Chris, I've heard the term before but never really cared enough to pay attention. The Callahan/St.Louis trade that Serge cited as possibly the only "hockey trade" would definitely fall under the unhappiness category, no?

I actually didn't know what it meant.

I would say the Det Nash trade was a hockey trade. Legwand helps this team now more than a top prospect in GR and a pick. And helm/pavs out w injuries.

They're all hockey trades.

Both sides made trades that they think will help their team, whether it be in the long run or short run.

I agree. But, 20 years ago, the trades made were much more based on the players involved, and the contracts, UFA status, etc, were far less of a factor. Nowawadays, the biggest input to any trade in the team's war room, so to speak, is often the member of the management team that's their cap expert. In the old days, you'd have 5 scouts telling you everything you needed to know..

I think the romanticized version of hockey history tends to be rather exaggerated.

I'd love to look into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the number of "hockey trades" weren't much more than they are now.

It's like back in the day when "players used to respect one another"...while swinging at their heads, punching refs, etc, etc.

I think the romanticized version of hockey history tends to be rather exaggerated.

I'd love to look into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the number of "hockey trades" weren't much more than they are now.

It's like back in the day when "players used to respect one another"...while swinging at their heads, punching refs, etc, etc.

I agree with you about filtering history, but in this case it's legit. It wasn't that long ago that teams like the Rangers traded and bought up anybody that could help them, with their only criteria being the player involved. But, of course, in those days too there were trades that had nothing to do with the player. Like running Keon and Carl Brewer out of Toronto because they supported the new players union.

But it's tough to argue that most of the trades made today are based on a ton of criteria and hockey player isn't always the top of the list.

Hell has officially frozen over or the Leafs are going to win the Cup.

Meh, if it will return us to the regular bickering and trolling, I can point out that serge is almost 100% repeating something someone said on tv or radio today... carry on....

Meh, if it will return us to the regular bickering and trolling, I can point out that serge is almost 100% repeating something someone said on tv or radio today... carry on....

Ok things are back to normal.

Ok things are back to normal.

As you can see he is trolling, insulting, arrogant as ever.