Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

Most teams don't even sell tickets to games until they are necessary. This is what I'm asking. Columbus didn't sell game 6 tickets until the day of the game.

They did in 1987!!!

Every time something like this comes up, I recall this year. But this time I had to look it up to recall the particulars.

The Leafs had won their first round vs Blues. Second round, division Finals (or todays quarterfinals), they were up 3-1 in games against the Red Wings. The juggernaught, dynasty Oilers were the next team the Leafs would face if they won one more game. Me and my friend go down to the Gardens, and score tickets to see Leafs-Oilers in the next round, Game 4 and Game 6!!!!! We were elated.

Then, Wings beat Leafs three games in a row, won the series 4-3, and we got our money back. Sigh...

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

The Raptors issued hard tickets for the entire first series, and now are doing that for the next series. So real tickets are out there.

I have hard tickets for the Rangers for every possible game thru to the finals (16 games)

I am paying on a round by round basis however. I was not charged for round 2 until yesturday

Jack Armstrong makes Joe Bowen look like the most neutral broadcaster. Sort of funny.

He called Kevin Garnett a jerk.

Naw, in the second quarter, Jack went off about the refs. Then he stopped himself and said: 'don't get me wrong: the raptors are playing awful. They are the reason they're down 15, not the refs.'

Joe Bowen would never let up like that.... LOL

I can confirm he is a real jerk

He will always go after the white players. Every time I see him in a altercation its with a white player.

Matt Bonner, Jose Calderon, Zaza Pachulia, Andrew Bogut, Marco Bellinilli, and Bargnani to name a few that I recall.

Yes he had the incident with Carmelo, but most of the time its with white players. The best was when he tried to go up against Gerald Wallace than realized its Gerald Wallace and backed off.

He's a dirty player and after every dirty play he puts his arms in the air like he didn't do anything.

I went to the yearly skating show for my 2 little girls tonight. They actually think they are figure skaters and it is generally a good show performed by the kids in the club.

The guest skater this year is Gabrielle Daleman. She was pretty good and look awesome in her tight black suit.

After the show I found out that she is 16. 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is younger than my son.

I feel so dirty.

Was a little disappointed I would of missed the raptors game as Adrian had a baseball game scheduled. Got cancelled now due to wet field.

Go raptors.

I went to the yearly skating show for my 2 little girls tonight. They actually think they are figure skaters and it is generally a good show performed by the kids in the club.

The guest skater this year is Gabrielle Daleman. She was pretty good and look awesome in her tight black suit.

After the show I found out that she is 16. 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is younger than my son.

I feel so dirty.

It's ok. We are just old.

When V the gold digger was 16 , Donny the racist was 65.

We were at a party last night , everyone thinks V is a man.

Crazy stat.

Beginning of the year tv numbers were as low as 55,000. Last game 2 million.

Probably higher today.

Crazy stat.

Beginning of the year tv numbers were as low as 55,000. Last game 2 million.

Probably higher today.

55,000 is on TSN2 or Sportsnet 1 which don't get into a lot of homes but your point is valid.

Basically only Toronto and area watch in regular season

I should be betting on basketball more often.

Just put some money on whoever you think the NBA office wants to see win.

Ive never bought into any conspiracy theories about any refs in any sport, but these guys cant just be this incompetent, can they? The only thing that makes me think they are incompetent instead of outright cheating is that they make some awful calls the other way too sometimes....or maybe thats just their way of trying to hide the obvious.

Also, Raptors playing like crap.

Bad combination. Play bad defensively and get bad calls.

I'm going to catch the 4th quarter...saw Lowry with 3 early fouls and Amir with 5...refs completely dicking us or has it not been unreasonable?

According to Jack we are getting dicked.

I think I'll watch the jays and hope the Bullpen doesn't blow a huge lead again.

I should be betting on basketball more often.

Just put some money on whoever you think the NBA office wants to see win.

Ive never bought into any conspiracy theories about any refs in any sport, but these guys cant just be this incompetent, can they? The only thing that makes me think they are incompetent instead of outright cheating is that they make some awful calls the other way too sometimes....or maybe thats just their way of trying to hide the obvious.

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob · 3m

You rarely if ever see the home playoff team get so many bad calls go against them. WWE

Nets have been the better team today by far though

Haralabos Voulgaris ‏@haralabob · 3m

You rarely if ever see the home playoff team get so many bad calls go against them. WWE

Nets have been the better team today by far though

while I don't totally agree with it this made me laugh

Bm0Z3d4IgAIsLRg.jpg