Off Topic, Kinda.....

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

Serge, the Doc may be biased, but they don't present the information in a misleading fashion for the most part. It's not like they are trying to draw conclusions that weren't otherwise drawn by fairly smart people given the facts. There was also pretty much zero "commentary" from the filmmakers. Video and interviews are presented in a compelling way. Nothing was presented that wasn't also presented at trial. If you want a really interesting 20 minute read, go look at the trial transcript and reading Dean Strang's closing argument. It is really good. Some stuff was definitely left out, but that goes in both directions. Lots of really strong pro-defense arguments were left out of the doc, along with a few key prosecution talking points.

Avery was F'ed from the get go. The Jury included multiple people with a direct family tie to the Manitowoc Sherriff department. Avery was actually offered the option of declaring a mistrial before the Jury deliberated, but he had to turn it down because he didn't have enough money to pay his defense lawyers for another trial.

I feel sorry for kids of today, or their parents, or whoever has to dish out money for concert tickets. I don't go to very many, but there was one I really wanted to see this summer and when I went for presale this morning, it was $150 for good seats. Not great, just good. $85 was the starting point.

I doubt any teenagers would be at this concert though. (Sting+Peter Gabriel)

I feel sorry for kids of today, or their parents, or whoever has to dish out money for concert tickets. I don't go to very many, but there was one I really wanted to see this summer and when I went for presale this morning, it was $150 for good seats. Not great, just good. $85 was the starting point.

I'd love to see that one.

ugh. Tell me about it.

Although if you want to see a great show cheap, see Lake Street Dive at Danforth Music Hall in march. I promise you will have fun.

Going with the Jetta. Best deal by far. Nobody was really close.

A jetta i owned saved my life years ago. Driving 80 km/h down a country road and a 79 year old woman pulled out of her driveway without looking. T-boned her. If it wasn't for the safety features built into that jetta, it would have been very very bad.

Serge, the Doc may be biased, but they don't present the information in a misleading fashion for the most part. It's not like they are trying to draw conclusions that weren't otherwise drawn by fairly smart people given the facts. There was also pretty much zero "commentary" from the filmmakers. Video and interviews are presented in a compelling way. Nothing was presented that wasn't also presented at trial. If you want a really interesting 20 minute read, go look at the trial transcript and reading Dean Strang's closing argument. It is really good. Some stuff was definitely left out, but that goes in both directions. Lots of really strong pro-defense arguments were left out of the doc, along with a few key prosecution talking points.

Avery was F'ed from the get go. The Jury included multiple people with a direct family tie to the Manitowoc Sherriff department. Avery was actually offered the option of declaring a mistrial before the Jury deliberated, but he had to turn it down because he didn't have enough money to pay his defense lawyers for another trial.

I am definetely agreeing with you..I read some of the transcripts not the closing arguments..I might check that out..I heard about the family connections in the jury...Its impossible in that town to get a fair trial, and it looks like the jury was biased from the beginning..

I still think he was guilty..However he should of been found innocent due to the stuff the police did..

Speaking of fascinating trials..I am looking for to the FX series The People vs OJ Simpson..

Looks to be interesting with a solid cast....Cuba Gooding as OJ, John Travolta as Robert Shapiro amongst others.

One of the jurors was actually a volunteer Sherriff, and his son was a full time Sherriff with the Manitowoc County Sherriff department. Absolutely mind boggling to me.

He's the guy mentiond in this quote (Wardman):

Mahler was allegedly intimidated by fellow juror Carl Wardman. “He made me feel uncomfortable and interfered with my duty in an indirect way,” Mahler explains, hinting that Wardman’s disposition may have also gotten to other members of the jury.

“Something didn’t seem right that he wasn’t taking notes in court, that he wasn’t participating,” Richard says. “I figured something was fishy. In my opinion, his mind was already made up.”

When In Touch approached the 70-year-old at his home on Jan. 7, he exploded. “It’s all b-------,” Wardman snarled, “He’s guilty, that’s it.”

ugh. Tell me about it.

Although if you want to see a great show cheap, see Lake Street Dive at Danforth Music Hall in march. I promise you will have fun.

who are these guys?!?!? Never heard of them, but I just listened to a couple of tracks and loved it.

Incredible cover of H&O's "Rich Girl"!

who are these guys?!?!? Never heard of them, but I just listened to a couple of tracks and loved it.

Incredible cover of H&O's "Rich Girl"!

the girl is the daughter of a music mogul who has his own label. She actually had a legal battle with him to get to record her own stuff. She's absolutely brilliant. And the band IS fun!

Cavaliers fire their coach while having a 30-11 record. Tops in East.

That's unique.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 6m6 minutes ago

Since last season, LeBron James and his agent Rich Paul have been strong advocates of Lue becoming head coach, league sources tell Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 6m6 minutes ago

Since last season, LeBron James and his agent Rich Paul have been strong advocates of Lue becoming head coach, league sources tell Yahoo.

https://twitter.com/...643728000679936

Peter VecseyVerified account

‏@PeterVecsey1

David Blatt told friends in Israel last week, "It's either me or Kevin Love." Just surprised LeBron didn't decide sooner...

netw3rk ‏@netw3rk 2m2 minutes ago

netw3rk Retweeted Peter Vecsey

If this is true then Blatt really doesn't understand how the NBA works

Finally finished watching the last episode of Making a Murderer. I only had the last one to go.

I don't think he did it.

I know crazy.

While watching I thought her ex did it. But that's too CSI like.

I have always been bothered by the one news interview with her brother and ex. They were asked about being on the property (this was when her truck was found) and they got super defensive about it. I always thought it was weird. The reaction was not normal if they hadn't been on Averys property. I had no other real thought on it as I couldn't really take it and put them as possible killers.

Then that whole thing with Eddie Dassey and Scott had that weird alibi thing that made no sense during the trail. I thought it sounded as if they were trying to cover for each other. But why? They either hated Steve so much they lied to try and make the case stronger or they killed her.

Then I read this. I like this.

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1244/This-Is-The-Most-Credible-Making-A-Murderer-Theory-I-ve-Seen-So-Far

But yeah, he probably did it though.

Finally finished watching the last episode of Making a Murderer. I only had the last one to go.

I don't think he did it.

I know crazy.

While watching I thought her ex did it. But that's too CSI like.

I have always been bothered by the one news interview with her brother and ex. They were asked about being on the property (this was when her truck was found) and they got super defensive about it. I always thought it was weird. The reaction was not normal if they hadn't been on Averys property. I had no other real thought on it as I couldn't really take it and put them as possible killers.

Then that whole thing with Eddie Dassey and Scott had that weird alibi thing that made no sense during the trail. I thought it sounded as if they were trying to cover for each other. But why? They either hated Steve so much they lied to try and make the case stronger or they killed her.

Then I read this. I like this.

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1244/This-Is-The-Most-Credible-Making-A-Murderer-Theory-I-ve-Seen-So-Far

But yeah, he probably did it though.

I read a lot of stuff but hadn't seen that. That's so bizarre yet it makes sense.

I hope Netflix does a a Season 2 eventually where we somehow find out what really happened. That might be 10 years from now.

Cool theory though.

A Dad created an app to help his son with autism.

http://www.upworthy....lds-life?c=ufb1

This is a pretty cool app but I can honestly say, Otto never ever wander anywhere away from myself or my wife. I still remember when Steve came up for me at the draft and I was in Vegas, Otto was walking the strip alone on a Friday night while I was playing poker.

You know I probably could have used this app since he did take off on me while I was playing poker a couple of times in Vegas. He always made it back to our room for dinner time however.

• Like 1

If you read the part how where RMS charges 25% fee, you know why I am a poor accountant: I am doing one for a guy right now and quoted him $200 (he won $18,000 at a slot machine and the IRS took $6,000)

https://ca.finance.y...-194428465.html

One other thing. I have a new client (Police Officer in my area). He drops all of his stuff off to me and mentions to me about deducting his parking charges (going to court). He than says if I don't know how to deduct it to inquire with the accountant (I know her well) who refer him to me. That comment jackass just cost you an extra $100.

Update on Nissan guy (yes for some reason I'm still dealing with this asshat)

So I sent the negative feedback for not actually attempting to answer my clear and simple question. The feedback was a simple question Nissan asked me , Are you Satisfied with the answer to your question. I hit the no button.

He kept emailing me upset and being a dick. Like 2 emails trying to understand why I'm not satisfied. I finally replied back and told him how he screwed up and that it's no biggie as I have found a car so let's just move on.

I get another email from Nissan from some customer service rep complaining that I didn't provide a phone number in my inquiry so how can they help me and find out if my guy fixed the issue. Are you serious? You email me obviously. Like you are right now. I replied back that all is well, it's all cool. Let's move on with our lives.

I've received 3 emails this weekend from the guy trying to sell me a car. Annoying AF. Funny that not one email was about the Altima SR I originally asked about.

• Like 1