If you wikipedia search Goldbach's Conjecture you may read about a problem that wikipedia says is yet unproven. The first image is essentially the proof. Well done anonymous mathematician. Very very well done.

edit: Adam Cunningham and John Ringland

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY   Dedicated to Marchant (CobaltBlue) and Gary (GWCGWC)   The first step is to understand that "random" is just a word. No series of numbers is beyond a some sort of predict

This game is called "Diamonds" and I'm dedicating it to MinhLyFan.   I will explain the game as though it were being played HU.   Players post BB and SB. Each player is dealt 3 cards. The player

Trading currencies, huh? How's that working out for you? Know much about bitcoins?   For what it's worth:   MinhLyFan Last Active Aug 08 2009 08:45 PM

So I have by no means solidified this idea in my head, but I have confronted it enough to know there has to be some merit to considering it.

SPR, I think is fundamentally a weak way to understand how to play your hands. I think the foundation of the idea is strong, I just think the manifestation of the idea was incorrect. You can prove this by using the hypothetical idea of infinite stacks. SPRs will never be useful here. The only universal unit of measurement that stays consistent, no matter how you manipulate the game conditions are bbs. And the more I think about it, the more I think that breaking hands down in terms of bbs, specifically on which streets is way more effective. For example, I think each hand has an optimal range/ranges (some have more than one) of bbs that should be put in the pot on any given street. For instance, AAxx, where xx is trashy, plays best preflop when the pot is really small or really big. However, it only plays well in big pots pre when the field and stacks are shallow after the flop. On the flop, the optimal # of bbs are the same, either really big or small, depending on the field and strength of flop, and those ranges stay relatively consistent through the hand. On other hands, like broadway rundowns play best in medium pots pre, and much better playing really big post. Although, they play much better in suboptimal conditions than aces do. This would not change with infinite stacks. Interestingly enough, that means that broadway runs are much, much more valuable than aces.

SPR = stack/pot ratio

and are you talking about PLO?

I am pretty sure he is talking about stud/8. His use of the word "rundowns" is what tipped me off

In either case, I have never really gone through and solidified what these ranges would be, but I can feel them when I am playing. I am sure everyone can, at least a little bit. It's that feeling when you open the action and feel good about it, until someone or a number of people react in a way where your hand goes from feeling strong to very uncomfortable to bad. That's the hand going through the range from good to best to worst.

I am pretty sure he is talking about stud/8. His use of the word "rundowns" is what tipped me off

If you aren't trying to troll or level then thank you for your contribution, but please allow us to speak for ourselves without stipulation. imagine what this thread would look like if one person guessed the meaning of each of our posts

If you are trying to troll or level, then that is one of the least kind things you can do to me.

MLF, what do you think about using the term "miss" as our second option?

You folded ( 7 , 5 , 7 , 5 ) from the BigBlind to a 3x and your miss was calling. I 3bet it to 6.25x and my miss was probably about 4.8x.

Let's say you're playing yourself. From the BigBlind what's the absolute bottom of your range where you call 2x, 2.5x, 3x, 4x, and 5x and your miss is folding? How about HU from the button?

Again, 1000 stack HUNL 4 card Ladz, 2 streets. I'll figure out the same.

Oh, and how does your idea of "ideal pot/or bet size" enter into your willingness to play certain hands?

p.s. feel free to drop a legit engine in the beast any time you want.

I think that's dope, especially since you can add the "big miss" as us unintentionally ending up in a terrible spot, despite playing optimally.

That's an incredibly difficult question to answer. Ill work on it.

I think that it directly dictates which hands you should play. The sick thing is, that you can be exploiting so hard just by entering with the hand, because you're owning the guys behind you if you know you can enter, with the big miss easy to hit, just not for these guys. So the deeper the stacks get, the numbers should move like this: using 31 pts as a standard, shallow (10, 9, 7, 5) to deep ( 8, 10, 5, 8) with the number fluctuating towards more value and straightness when OOP.

If you aren't trying to troll or level then thank you for your contribution, but please allow us to speak for ourselves without stipulation. imagine what this thread would look like if one person guessed the meaning of each of our posts

If you are trying to troll or level, then that is one of the least kind things you can do to me.

I wasn't trolling or leveling, because, what? But I was poking fun at you. I mean, you're sitting here, talking "high-level poker strategy," and you ask a guy who says,

"For instance, AAxx, where xx is trashy, plays best preflop when the pot is really small or really big. However, it only plays well in big pots pre when the field and stacks are shallow after the flop. On the flop, the optimal # of bbs are the same, either really big or small, depending on the field and strength of flop, and those ranges stay relatively consistent through the hand. On other hands, like broadway rundowns play best in medium pots pre, and much better playing really big post."

if he's talking about Omaha. If that question is not up for ridicule... come on and fuck you. If you can't take some needling, fuck you. If you just phrased the original question wrongly, still fuck you.

I wasn't trolling or leveling, because, what?

Because it makes boys feel like big men when they can put others down.

But I was poking fun at you.

We're discussing a 4 card game. He's discussing 4 card hands. It's the first time I've ever been confused in my life.

But thank you for making the universe a place in which for the rest of my life whenever I want to see where I gave away free energy I need only scroll down see where some cracker took the first opportunity granted him to poke fun at me for being stupid.

still fuck you.

justice would be everytime you ever ever use a machine powered by my mechanicism you recall that you said "**** you" unprovoked as soon as you could.

This thread is filled with a love you can't yet begin to comprehend. You bring negativity to it. Not only that but we're discussing bleeding edge poker and you're making me self conscious about whether or not my questions are silly. For example, I had to question whether or not I was stupid for wanting to know what that means "31 pts is the standard."

If you don't post in this thread any more I'll dedicate "how to win a lottery of 10 potential numbers" to you.

have a blessed day.

Because it makes boys feel like big men when they can put others down.

We're discussing a 4 card game. He's discussing 4 card hands. It's the first time I've ever been confused in my life.

But thank you for making the universe a place in which for the rest of my life whenever I want to see where I gave away free energy I need only scroll down see where some cracker took the first opportunity granted him to poke fun at me for being stupid.

justice would be everytime you ever ever use a machine powered by my mechanicism you recall that you said "**** you" unprovoked as soon as you could.

This thread is filled with a love you can't yet begin to comprehend. You bring negativity to it. Not only that but we're discussing bleeding edge poker and you're making me self conscious about whether or not my questions are silly. For example, I had to question whether or not I was stupid for wanting to know what that means "31 pts is the standard."

If you don't post in this thread any more I'll dedicate "how to win a lottery of 10 potential numbers" to you.

have a blessed day.

I was just frakking around with the first post. There was no malice in it. I guess I can see why, given the exact right emotional parameters and a few base assumptions, you were "offended," or whatever your response was, but it was goofy at the absolute worst.

The second one was borne of mild irritation. "THIS IS MY THREAD DO NOT TAINT IT WITH NONSENSE!"

Now I'm just... ??

Your position is that I made you feel stupid? NOBODY HAS ANY IDEA WHAT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT FOR THE MOST PART YOU ASS. That is not your fault, and I don't hold you to account for it, but don't make me feel like an ass for your insecurities. It is absolutely not my fault that you feel, sometimes, sensitive or something. I don't even... what? This is a really interesting thread, and I've read every word, but if you're going to break down and lose the positive feeling just because I made a silly joke... come on. Don't you WANT to feel stupid sometimes? Don't you WANT to be wrong? Since when do you care about looking bad in front of people?

I thought you were having an totally open, totally honest, totally vulnerable dialog. Apparently that's not true.

I think I know what 31 points means -- probably a counting standard? -- but holy crap, for the most part just fuck you.

EDIT: I meant to say you're being really self-important, but I forgot, so consider this me saying that. Still appreciate the thread. Will read every word. Will even stop posting in order to not derail (assuming you respond), because derailing is bad. But that doesn't mean you're not being a self-important baby right now. TELL ME HOW TO BRING THE BEAUTY BACK PLEASE

Teacher: now we are going to learn a branch of mathematics no one ever dreamed possible.

NCs son: That belongs to my dad.

Teacher: What do you mean?

NCs son: I mean it's his. It belongs to him. It's his name on it.

instead...

Teacher: now we are going to learn a branch of mathematics no one ever dreamed possible.

Kid: Didn't your dad have a chance to have it belong to him?

NCs son: Yeah.

Kid: and he gave it up why?

NCs son: To prove he could.

You could have PMd me to tell me I was being a self important baby. Instead you took another step down the bastard hole. I don't know if I should keep leading you or ignore you. I choose to give you choice. After reading this post the next step is you saying another "**** you".

What you may or may not understand is the focus this thread requires. Not just when I'm at the computer, but when I'm driving, and when I'm brushing my teeth. Yes, I view this thread as important. The word "sensitive" doesn't begin to describe what I am. "self-important"? yeah duh.

MLF, like it's something to do.

plz explain 31 pts.

NC, I commend you for your reckless abandon, but everything else is detestable. You've threatened the life of a thread that makes little to no sense to anybody, not because what we're saying doesn't make sense, but because, without great effort, it's difficult to comprehend. Try to understand that what we're trying to do is unlike anything done before, for free, through love. For an extended period of my life, I would've made this thread my home if it meant I could understand it. I'm sure Navy feels the same way. For those who see the world as we see it, with the same love, the value of this thread is intangible. And you came here to do what to it, and for whom? If you've read every word of this thread, then you know you're trying to do "something" to two guys who have made it their lives to be more conscious of what you are doing than you are, and then use mathematics and psychology in order to exploit that to our maximum benefit. Dustin is the worlds strongest mathematician and I break brains for a living at something no one in this community thought was still possible, so what was your plan for this hand?

You've directly offended and attacked my brother, and therefore me. If you cannot see how (with your original post), your attempts at proving your intelligence, will always be in vein. We welcome anyone to contribute to this thread, and I actually encourage it, as long as it is productive. What you did was neither, so you now have a few options: Continue to push an edge you do not possess, ruin this thread for everyone else, contribute something positive, leave, or play me.

Just try to understand that Dustin and I are the two of the most understanding, loving people in the world. But we are also the two most formidable opponents in the world. It's your choice which of those people we are to you.

Yo, we've just pulled out the putter from 45 yards in the rough under a tree and know it's the solution. How else did you expect Eldrick to react?

The 31 points is nothing special. This was just a number I found to describe a hand who's value is probably the mean of our top tiered value hands. It's important to have a standard here so that you can show how hands' equity is the same as another, but its tangible value can fluctuate in a multi street poker game, depending on the game conditions. I found this thinking about the average value of aces in PLO.

Of course, there are some hands that run pretty close to 10s/1s across the board, but because of how rare we are dealt these hands, and how simple they can be to play, it's probably inefficient to discuss them.

For your birthday I was going to give you a rough approximation to a solution to Open Face Chinese.

But of all games I've played it is most like Hearts. Not only does it most play like Hearts but, similiarly, the game tree is wide opposed to narrow.

Happy Birthday!

If I go in the back door to this one it may make me seem like less an *******.

Playing the center point in Go (game) as one's first move is the sign of the highest respect you can pay someone. I don't care how good the players are. Clack, that's how much I respect you.

If I never lost a single game of Go on my way to proving that I was the best in the world, every single person I ever played would think I was the biggest ******* for playing a move that displays a respect that they aren't yet ready to fathom.

This is a dilema.

I am of the opinion that every person alive should chose to be so good at one thing that the second best person believes they are being disrespected by what they do not understand.

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY

Dedicated to Marchant (CobaltBlue) and Gary (GWCGWC)

The first step is to understand that "random" is just a word. No series of numbers is beyond a some sort of predictive equation. Believing this will help because if you are going to design a program from scratch (even using an already compiled graphing program) that is dedicated to winning the lottery it will most likely require a good deal of faith on your part to see it through.

The second part is to be able to understand the concept that I call "volatilities." Essentially this is the difference between the numbers. Let's say we have a hat in which there are 10 balls each numbered 1-10 and after each ball is drawn it is placed back into the hat. If we draw four balls and get the numbers 2,8,6,6 then our volatilities are 6,2,0. These volatilites are determined as being the absolute value of (n-[n+1]) ex (2 - 8), (8 - 6), (6 - 6).

The third part is to make sure you understand the second part.

So lets say we draw numbers from a hat and want to know the next number.

Let's digress and recall the previous post where I asked whether it was more likely that sequential digits in the number commonly referred to a pi were just as likely to go:

base, up, up / base, down, down

or

base, up, down / base, down, up

If you were too lazy to answer that or figure it out for yourself let me tell you that digits in pi are more likely to go:

base, up, down / base, down, up

Let's return to our numbers from a hat. They are more likely to follow the same patterns.

If you've understood these concept so far and you are smarter than the average bear you will see where this is going.

The next step is to know, not think, but know that certain volatilities will lead to certain volatilities.

If I were to suggest to my friend where to start I would say start with how often a volatility of 5 occurs in the previous three draws, in draws four through nine, and in draws ten through twenty-seven.

If you wanted to know how to win a large digit lottery just sub-divide.

If you ever win a dollar using my methods do not thereafter say there is no God.

And don't forget to tell em where you got it.

luv-navybuttons

• Like 2

OH! I ALMOST FORGOT!

We should discuss Punto/Blanco.

I'm ashamed to admit that there was a night i went to sleep considering to hold these equations from the world as leverage against Andy.

Take 2/3, 4/7, 11/21. If that is true in a 50% probability then the likelihood of that event is higher.

Take 1/3, 2/7, 3/21. If that is true in a 10%-15% probabilities then the likelihood of that event is higher.

At least that's what some of my old work was written as. Obviously, you'd have to develop your own if you wanted to be the best poker player in the world. There's all sorts of em in between too.

Sometimes I know how I'm going to draw too.

If you know the Punto/Blanco in a situation it is best to declare you are playing it (I am, it's more fun that way!)

Buddy, let me tell you, You're out of this universe.

I think this thread is full of disrespect :)

This is a thread dedicated to games, particularly the solving of games. But the money does not lie in the solution. I know that because this thread is riddled with solutions, but there is no money in this thread. I do not wish to "win the lottery", and I doubt Navy wishes that for any man reading this thread. So if there's no money in this thread, and you'll never win the lottery reading it; but, you're still here, why are you REALLY here, and what are you going to do about it?

I'm going to create the worlds greatest games.