~~**official 2012/13 Ufa/rfa/trade Talk**~~

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Excellent points Adam. I really agree with your take on Luongo, he reputation is so much worse then his actual play.I dont get why Vanoucver would be a good place, or why they would be so eager to sig

All I know is I'm going to be a very happy Ryan Ellis owner if Suter and Weber both ship out of town.

That could be a good line for the total NHL points on the season by everyone traded today.

thats awesome.to play devils advocate, at first glance, I thought it was a lot to pay him, but Im guessing the short term had something to do with that. Im hoping like Adam said, they will regret not signing him for another 10years. :club:wedding, then this. awesome.
Or: this, then prenup, then wedding. awesome.Congratulations to your family, Dave.

I think Doan wants to stay in Phoenix 100% but is waiting to get some sort of idea on direction of the team.If there is a guarantee Phoenix isnt moving then he will stay IMO.

This seems nutsJohn Gambadoro@Gambo620NHL source just confirmed to me that an Eastern Conference team has offered Coyotes Captain Shane Doan a 4-year deal worth more than 30 mill

This seems nutsJohn Gambadoro@Gambo620NHL source just confirmed to me that an Eastern Conference team has offered Coyotes Captain Shane Doan a 4-year deal worth more than 30 mill
That has Islanders or Rangers written all over it.
I guess he wants to stay in Nashville. He has to know they will match. What would the compensation be 3 first round picks?
$26 Million balloon payment in the first year though which Nashville might not be able to handle.
Yea but if they match they can still trade him for a better return. Probably get 2 first's, a prospect and decent roster player.
If they match they can't trade him for at least one year I believe.

Compensation for Weber could be 4 1st round picks since the value is the average of the first 5 years of the contract.10.4 Draft Choice Compensation for Restricted Free AgentsAny Club that is entitled to but does not exercise its Right of First Refusal pursuant to Section 10.3 shall be entitled to obtain Draft Choice Compensation from the New Club. The number and quality of draft choices due to the Prior Club shall be based on the average annual value of the compensation contained in the Principal Terms (as defined in Section 10.3(e) hereof) of the New Club's Offer Sheet (determined by dividing such compensation by the lesser of the number of years of the Offer Sheet or five)http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2012/6/26/3117738/2012-13-NHL-Restricted-Free-Agencyrfa-compensation-table-offer-sheets

Oh yea. I think that's true. But they could trade his rights To another team who matches the offer.
I'm pretty sure once the offer sheet is signed they only have 2 options.1. Match it and live with the trade restriction2. Don't match it and get the draft pick compensationThey can't trade his rights once the offer sheet has been signed.

Frank Seravalli@DNFlyersSpending $26M in one calendar yr, NSH would be forking over 16% of entire franchise net worth ($163M in '11 accd to Forbes) to match offerDown Goes Brown@DownGoesBrownFlyers sign a player to an offer sheet that's front-loaded. Should have done it right before Christmas for the Brian Burke ethical hattrick

Does seem crazy. Is Weber worth $8M/year? In today's market, probably. Worth $8M/year for 14 years AND 4 1st-rounders? God no. If I'm Nashville, I give Philly a big hug for making this the easiest decision ever and giving up 4 1sts to do it.Can someone explain to me why the NHL could do what they did to Kovalchuk, but can't/won't do anything to this contract? The last 4 years are unplayable.

Does seem crazy. Is Weber worth $8M/year? In today's market, probably. Worth $8M/year for 14 years AND 4 1st-rounders? God no. If I'm Nashville, I give Philly a big hug for making this the easiest decision ever and giving up 4 1sts to do it.Can someone explain to me why the NHL could do what they did to Kovalchuk, but can't/won't do anything to this contract? The last 4 years are unplayable.
Reports say its upwards of 100 million. If it is exactly 100 then his cap hit is about 7.1 and Nashville would get 2 firsts and 1 second and third. If Nashville can afford the upfront cost it's probably more worthwhile to match.
Reports say its upwards of 100 million. If it is exactly 100 then his cap hit is about 7.1 and Nashville would get 2 firsts and 1 second and third. If Nashville can afford the upfront cost it's probably more worthwhile to match.
It will be 4 1sts.The average cap hit for compensation purposes is the average actual amount of money paid in the first 5 years of the contract which puts it in the 4 1st round pick area.
If I'm Nashville, I give Philly a big hug for making this the easiest decision ever and giving up 4 1sts to do it.
I don't know... in terms of marketplace viability I think the Preds have to sign him and then pray for a lockout.