Was wondering the same thing.Though I have noticed in past years activity tends to die down around April/May, this feels different.btw, I also really dislike the new look of FCP. Is there a way for me to change back to classic or old? This new blue+black thing isnt working for me.

I also dislike the new FCP. I didnt want to be rude , as I know Gov, Bob and the guys have done a great job keeping this place running and do a lot of hard work.Some of the features are really cool, but its harder to navigate..I guess we will get used to it.

I also dislike the new FCP. I didnt want to be rude , as I know Gov, Bob and the guys have done a great job keeping this place running and do a lot of hard work.Some of the features are really cool, but its harder to navigate..I guess we will get used to it.
The board performance is all over the map... sometimes operations happen straight away and sometimes you are left hanging for a couple of seconds.
Its not meant as a slight to anyone, its just personal preference. Its merely a cosmetic thing for me.Umm, what are some of the new features? Havent poked around much at all.

Yeah, I miss the old one too, and I think it does contribute to the decline in posting, but I also think it's just that time of year. Not a lot of Coyotes, Kings, Devils fans in here, and only a handful of Rangers guys.I'm still watching all the games, and I'm into hockey, but not a ton to talk about until the finals and draft, I guess.

The board performance is all over the map... sometimes operations happen straight away and sometimes you are left hanging for a couple of seconds.
Ya.. sometimes after clicking on threads it takes 8-9 seconds for it to open; pretty bad in this day and age.

Gov will be changing the type of database that we use which is recommended by our hosting company and the software company so hopefully that speeds things up.

this...

Gov will be changing the type of database that we use which is recommended by our hosting company and the software company so hopefully that speeds things up.
posting videos is enough of an upgrade for me to gripe about minor cosmetic changes.Absolutely nothing to do with hockey but it's funny...http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9oT5UNJ8YWg&fb_source=message

Every thread I go to forces me to star on the first post. Tell me what I am missing. This is the only topic I will post in because it's just one page. I can't post in the sickie thread because I would have to press the next page button like 9000 times. Lame.

Every thread I go to forces me to star on the first post. Tell me what I am missing. This is the only topic I will post in because it's just one page. I can't post in the sickie thread because I would have to press the next page button like 9000 times. Lame.
Once you have read a thread when you hit that Star it will take you to the first new post since your last read of that thread.Since you haven't read any threads with the new software for the cookies to take you to the first new post I suggest you do one of 2 things.1. Use the full version of the software and visit the last page of the thread you want to read.2. Mark everything as read in your controls or at the bottom of the page when you are viewing the forum index and then when you hit the Star it will take you to the last post in every thread.

Ok, the speed issue seems to be getting better so I can actually post instead of getting frustrated all the time and not bothering. I'm not really a fan of the layout, but I'll get used to it...not a big deal. The one thing I hate upon hate is that the pinned threads are now part of the main board instead of having their own section like they used to. Very annoying, if there's any way something can be done about that it would be super.I do appreciate all the work that you guys have put into keeping the board alive, so hopefully no one takes the suggestion as bitching. I know I pay zero to be here but if anyone is looking for suggestions or feedback, there ya go.

Ok, the speed issue seems to be getting better so I can actually post instead of getting frustrated all the time and not bothering. I'm not really a fan of the layout, but I'll get used to it...not a big deal. The one thing I hate upon hate is that the pinned threads are now part of the main board instead of having their own section like they used to. Very annoying, if there's any way something can be done about that it would be super.I do appreciate all the work that you guys have put into keeping the board alive, so hopefully no one takes the suggestion as bitching. I know I pay zero to be here but if anyone is looking for suggestions or feedback, there ya go.
One of the things on Gov's to do list is separate the pinned topics from the others. His plate if super full at the moment but it is something that will be changed.
One of the things on Gov's to do list is separate the pinned topics from the others. His plate if super full at the moment but it is something that will be changed.
Sweet! Thanks Bob.

I don't think this board is over at all. A lot of posts are fantasy related and people need a break from fantasy stuff. Also, as far as team allegiences, hockey season is over for most guys. Forum members that support the 4 teams that are left are not huge post guys like myself. I am sure if the Penguins or the Leafs where still involved in the playoffs, this would be a whole different story