Official 2011-12 Playoff Trash Talking Thread

Isn't the same approach as giving an extra 2 minutes when someone is bleeding from a high-stick?
But that kind of ruling is something that needs to be made right then during the game (without the benefit of replay?). When you're looking at suspensions and fines, you can take the time to consider the context, review the play over and over, and just give a much more informed decision. Referees don't have that luxury, so they're given an easy to follow guideline. And 2 minutes versus 4 minutes is less significant than 1 game vs 2 games.If you really want to get rid of the conduct (and I'm not sure that the league does), you have to punish the conduct, not the result.
guy has a history, remember? I really think he should be suspended.
I was obviously being facetious, however I'd need to actually see some video of the hits again to form a judgment on them. I've kinda blocked the last 3 games from my brain.However, the guys in the podcasts I listen to all seem to think he deserves something, and I respect their views enough that I could be swayed to agree with them on most things, specifically Elliotte Friedman.
Shanahan explains suspensions.He basically says that the severity of the suspension depends on if the other guy is hurt. I really hate that reasoning.
Me, too. Whether or not there is an injury and/or intent to injure isn't the real question.
Isn't the same approach as giving an extra 2 minutes when someone is bleeding from a high-stick?
I think there is a big difference between a split lip or chin from a (fairly light) object and a 180 lb guy ramming you into the boards at speed and awkward angles.
That Flyers-Pens series is a lot of fun to watch, esp as I have no specific allegiance to either team. I feel sorry for anyone with any of those goalies in a playoff pool
ya
I think there is a big difference between a split lip or chin from a (fairly light) object and a 180 lb guy ramming you into the boards at speed and awkward angles.
So you are implying it's okay to base a decision on the impact of a lighter incident but not when it's actually a considerable one?I prefer DJ vu's answer.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"The best player in the world" has 1 point and is a -3 in the 2nd round. (expecting this post to cause Giroux to explode Sunday)oh and hartnell is an ugly piece of shit.http://youtu.be/arVntQKbYZE

Guess my response last post was lost with all the server trouble. Basically it said Giroux did have a 1g 1a but could possibly be suspended for game 6. Turns out that happened and the devils finished off those assholes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftUR6AFTNMAhttp://twitpic.com/9iyt20Guess I'm rooting for caps in the remaning series (purely for $$$ reasons) and then Devils to beat either them or the rags to come out of the east. For the West I'm going with the coyotes based on the fact that Richards and Carter are on the Kings. Otherwise it would be a tough decision.

• 3 weeks later...
Guess I'm rooting for Devils to beat the rags to come out of the east. For the West I'm going with the coyotes based on the fact that Richards and Carter are on the Kings. Otherwise it would be a tough decision.
Edited my original post a bit as it was made before Caps/Rags game 7 but I got at least one of the teams I wanted in the SCF. I like a bit of LA but still can't get over how much I dislike Richards and Carter for LA. Again...http://youtu.be/ftUR6AFTNMA