Ron Paul On Face The Nation

I started writing a longer response, but the article covered most of the points. I definitely criticize Paul for not outing who is responsible for that crap. If he had fired the person immediately, this issue would be even less of a starter than it is. Either way, bringing up 20 year old newsletters not written by him, written without his knowledge, and which he instantly disavowed -- it's showing the desperation of the old guard to protect their place at the trough.Ron Paul's record on racial issues speaks for itself. There are videos on YouTube of him defending equal rights and trying to eliminate unjust sentencing laws. This crap won't stick except for people who are looking for any excuse to keep government big, and they wouldn't vote for him anyway.
Paul's answer that he didn't read them at the time and now disavows them doesn't pass the smell test.davidfrumdavidfrumPaul is pretty obviously not sorry about the newsletters and pretty obviously not telling the truth eitherdavidfrumdavidfrumThe point about the newsletters is bigger than gotcha. They tell us something about Paul's thinking and the thinking of ppl closest to himdavidfrumdavidfrumIn fairness to Dr Paul, based on the email I get, his supporters dislike Jews much more than blackshttp://www.mediaite.com/tv/ron-paul-gets-i...rger-interview/
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul is pretty obviously not sorry about the newsletters and pretty obviously not telling the truth either
[citation needed] This is a ridiculous statement made by a ridiculous pundit.
The point about the newsletters is bigger than gotcha. They tell us something about Paul's thinking and the thinking of ppl closest to him
Yes, things you don't write or think tell you so much about what you are thinking. Another ridiculous comment from a ridiculous pundit.It does say something about his friends, but why should that suddenly be relevant when Obama's friends were known terrorists?
In fairness to Dr Paul, based on the email I get, his supporters dislike Jews much more than blacks
[citation needed] Another ridiculous, unfounded statement from a ridiculous pundit.Nobody who knows Paul or has listened to him for even five minutes believes any of this nonsense. Nobody. It's political theater by the defenders of the status quo. It's even dumber than the 2010 race card the Democrats played every 5 minutes against the tea party.The good news is, it probably won't work any better. People don't listen to the chattering defenders of nonsense anymore.
I'm sure it's all just part of a 20+ year long ploy to be consistent in his fight for equal rights for minorities just so that as president he can suddenly change everything he has said and done for decades and suddenly bring back Jim Crow laws. Yeah, that's it, I'm sure that's what it is. Why else would he be so consistent about his anti-racism for so long?
davidfrumdavidfrumIn fairness to Dr Paul, based on the email I get, his supporters dislike Jews much more than blacks
[citation needed] Another ridiculous, unfounded statement from a ridiculous pundit.
I'm sure he's going on his first hand experience with people who support Paul sending him anti-semitic e-mails. I know you love the guy but his story about the newsletter is totally unbelievable. You have a million dollar a year operation putting out things in your name and you claim to have zero knowledge of the contents of what's going out and you aren't even bothering to read it ? C'mon, nobody who is thinking critically can actually believe that and if you do believe that what does it say for his management ability ?
I know you love the guy but his story about the newsletter is totally unbelievable. You have a million dollar a year operation putting out things in your name and you claim to have zero knowledge of the contents of what's going out and you aren't even bothering to read it ? C'mon, nobody who is thinking critically can actually believe that and if you do believe that what does it say for his management ability ?
And his defense of these newsletters is, of course, fantastic."I don't know who wrote those."OH REALLYI can tell you who wrote it because I'm looking right at it and IT HAS YOUR FUCKING NAME AT THE TOP

yeah, the term "grasping at straws" doesn't even seem to be strong enough for this whole thing. I mean really? throughout his entire career, this is the absolute best dirt they can find on paul? you guys aren't serious, right?

yeah, the term "grasping at straws" doesn't even seem to be strong enough for this whole thing. I mean really? throughout his entire career, this is the absolute best dirt they can find on paul? you guys aren't serious, right?
well yeah, there's this, and then there's everything that's ever come out of the guy's mouth, you know, his predicting the end of the world for the last 40 years etc, all of which is hilarious.
well yeah, there's this, and then there's everything that's ever come out of the guy's mouth, you know, his predicting the end of the world for the last 40 years etc, all of which is hilarious.
then talk about that then. you know, the actual issues. if you don't agree with his policies, great, state as much and offer your rebuttal. but this whole attempt to paint ron paul as racist is about as absurd as the birther movement.
then talk about that then. you know, the actual issues. if you don't agree with his policies, great, state as much and offer your rebuttal. but this whole attempt to paint ron paul as racist is about as absurd as the birther movement.
I've dedicated many posts to the absurdity of Ron Paul. Many of them are in this thread.But HEY: is it REALLY absurd to read letters that were written with the titles Ron Paul's Political Report, Ron Paul's Freedom Report, the Ron Paul Survival Report and the Ron Paul Investment Letter, letters which he admitted (in 1996) that he wrote but claimed things were "taken out of context", letters which contained content such as:'Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.'"We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational."After the Los Angeles riots, one article in a newsletter claimed, "Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks."One referred to Martin Luther King Jr. as "the world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours" and who "seduced underage girls and boys."Another referred to Barbara Jordan, a civil rights activist and congresswoman as "Barbara Morondon," the "archetypical half-educated victimologist."and "paint" Ron Paul as a racist? Is that REALLY absurd?Everyone should read this: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archiv...letters/250338/
I'm sure he's going on his first hand experience with people who support Paul sending him anti-semitic e-mails. I know you love the guy but his story about the newsletter is totally unbelievable. You have a million dollar a year operation putting out things in your name and you claim to have zero knowledge of the contents of what's going out and you aren't even bothering to read it ? C'mon, nobody who is thinking critically can actually believe that and if you do believe that what does it say for his management ability ?
So you think everyone in the Forbes family reads every article before it goes out? Or does this fancy rule only apply to people you don't like?I like Paul, but only by default. And yes, I think he handled this whole thing poorly -- by trusting people too much early in his career, and then not dumping them when they failed him.That's a far cry from the ridiculous racism claims, which nobody seriously believes.
This is from reason.com which is a Libertarian publication who in general supports Paul. I think it's the best thing I've seen so far on the racist newsletter issue.Ron Paul Ugly, Racist Newsletters Not Going Away, But Do They Invalidate His Candidacy?
Yep, I saw this one, and it is excellent. If Paul's opponents want to make this stick, they should be attacking his management and organizational skills over this issue, not the ridiculous race card.

Gotta love how a former KKK grand wizard who recruited for the KKK is defended in one thread, by saying he changed and those things were a long time ago,While Paul is to be judged for that newsletter an equal time ago.

Yep, I saw this one, and it is excellent. If Paul's opponents want to make this stick, they should be attacking his management and organizational skills over this issue, not the ridiculous race card.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/23/...E7BM03320111223Yup, Paul had no knowledge about what was being published under his name.Of course this letter soliciting people to subscribe says something different. It's also full of batshit Ron Paul craziness.http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/11/12/Solicitation2.pdf
Of course this letter soliciting people to subscribe says something different. It's also full of batshit Ron Paul craziness.http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/11/12/Solicitation2.pdf
It's the Ron Paul playbook! Baseless, rabidly paranoid fear-mongering! Only HE can see the truth! Only HE can lead us out of the darkness and horror of current life in white America! Just send $99 asap!He's like a televangelist. The Tinfoil Hat Televangelist.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/23/...E7BM03320111223Yup, Paul had no knowledge about what was being published under his name.Of course this letter soliciting people to subscribe says something different. It's also full of batshit Ron Paul craziness.http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/11/12/Solicitation2.pdf
To be fair, anyone who thinks these letters are a bit out there apparently has never received a direct solicitation letter. I've gotten them from both parties, and they are all pretty much like this. Really. They are written to scare people. The Dems write how the R's want to drag grandma out of the house and make her live under a bridge; the R's write about how the govt wants to take over everything and arrest you for nothing.I'm starting to see a bit more evidence that Paul knew about some of the content before it went out. It's not confirmed yet, but it's not just the kook stuff anymore. It appears he let some people pander to the fringes. Since he was just a doctor with no ambitions beyond serving a few years in Congress, at the time he probably didn't think it would matter. Bad guess.It's clear Paul has shown poor judgement in just about every way regarding these newsletters. There is still no evidence he is even slightly racist, and much to show otherwise, but he really needs to surround himself with better advisors, and he needed to control this better early on.Sadly, even with all this bad judgement, he's still 10X better than the next best candidate (ignoring for now Gary Johnson, who has been shut out by a flawed system). It shows how sad a state politics is in in this country. I mean, seriously, Newt? Cain? Perry? Romney? WTF?

Well Henry,Paul allowed something racist to be said 40 years ago.Therefore he cannot be trusted to handle the financial mess we are in.And him saying the credit boom the feds have been implementing have consequences for the last 40 years is also not relevant, even if we are actually experiencing the consequences now... because all economic actions have immediate results that can be trusted to happen on strict time tables.So it is best that we have a community organizer who was friends with a terrorist run the economy of the largest economy in the world. He will do better as long as he trust an economic policy that allows him to continue to funnel billions of dollars to democrat supporters and plays enough golf.Politics really is that easy to understand

I've dedicated many posts to the absurdity of Ron Paul. Many of them are in this thread.But HEY: is it REALLY absurd to read letters that were written with the titles Ron Paul's Political Report, Ron Paul's Freedom Report, the Ron Paul Survival Report and the Ron Paul Investment Letter, letters which he admitted (in 1996) that he wrote but claimed things were "taken out of context", letters which contained content such as:'Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.'"We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational."After the Los Angeles riots, one article in a newsletter claimed, "Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks."One referred to Martin Luther King Jr. as "the world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours" and who "seduced underage girls and boys."Another referred to Barbara Jordan, a civil rights activist and congresswoman as "Barbara Morondon," the "archetypical half-educated victimologist."and "paint" Ron Paul as a racist? Is that REALLY absurd?Everyone should read this: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archiv...letters/250338/
Right. And to hysterically-ideological leftists like yourself (yes, you most certainly are), that comes off as shocking, horror, HOW COULD HE SAY THAT WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SAY THAT!! THE ONLY TIME WE CAN TALK ABOUT MINORITIES IS WHEN WE'RE CASTING JAMES EARL JONES TO REPRESENT THEM IN A MOVIE AS A WISE OLD TOM!To about 70% of the country, it comes off as calling the emperor naked. Don't get me wrong, no chance Paul wins this. Americans are just too ****ing dumb. Still, the amusing irony in the "PAUL IS RACIST!" smear campaign is the people who are promoting it don't realize that they're only 'smearing' him in the eyes of a relatively small group of deluded idealists who won't be voting for him anyway (especially when he's running against a black guy). To the swing vote, who doesn't drink the idealists kool-aid and knows how it really goes, this "Paul Is Racist! He talked about BLACK CRIMINALITY AND THAT ISN'T TRUE!!" jag only gains him traction.Peyton Hillis didn't win the fan vote for the cover of Madden 12 because he was a better football player than the competition.
Right. And to hysterically-ideological leftists like yourself (yes, you most certainly are)
You don't know a fucking thing about me, son. StepYour penchant for racism is well documented on this forum.
You don't know a fucking thing about me, son. StepYour penchant for racism is well documented on this forum.
I know what can be reliably assumed about you, based on the meaning of your own words.In order for that assumption to be inaccurate, then that means everything you've ever said must've been for the sake of reaction...
honestly, I don't like most black peopleif someone's being rude to me, it's like 90% to be a black personasians: 9%old white people: 1%
<<<<<old white guy :club: