The Media Lynching Of Joe Paterno

Pretty sure I read that where McQueary said he "stopped it" was later clarified to mean that they saw him and appeared to stop (at which point he left, without confirming it, or seeing what happened to the child). And "talking to police" was later clarified to mean that he spoke to the head of the University Police, aka when he and Paterno met with the University brass.
But those clarifications kind of ruin what I was asking. I'm saying let's pretend that McQueary did all that he could be asked to do. He immediately stopped it, he told the police, he followed up with school officials, etc. This doesn't assume that he might be unsure of what he saw.Now...do you still attend functions organized by this guy? Even at threat of firing?
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm just sorry Paterno didn't live to see his reputation tarnished.

You're all sick bastards, you son-of-a-bitch.

But those clarifications kind of ruin what I was asking. I'm saying let's pretend that McQueary did all that he could be asked to do. He immediately stopped it, he told the police, he followed up with school officials, etc. This doesn't assume that he might be unsure of what he saw.Now...do you still attend functions organized by this guy? Even at threat of firing?
No, I don't attend. If I have given detailed reports of all of the above, and I somehow get that kind of invitation, then I make up an excuse. It's my niece's confirmation in Vermont and I already bought plane tickets. Sorry. Given his job level, there's no way that my attendance at a tournament could have been necessary. If they threaten to fire me, I welcome them to open their wallets to a lawsuit. I'm looking for a new job anyway, since my employer has had this information for 3 months, and apparently is not discouraging a known child rapist from holding a benefit for his youth charity.It terrifies me that McQueary still works there.
I liked that article.Three months after McQueary put a stop to whatever Sandusky was doing and reported it to police and his dad and Paterno (according to him), he participated in Sandusky's charity golf tournament. Let's take McQueary at his word that he witnessed Sandusky doing something of a sexual nature to some kid and that he even talked to the police about it. If you're McQueary, do you still go to this tournament? If your job depends on participation, do you quit your job?
I don't see why you are against charity.
VB quotes
I hate your brain, because it makes me feel inferior several times a day.
The tape alone doesn't necessarily mean much - especially since multiple outlets investigated and couldn't find any corroboration. The victims in this case still seem very fishy - two step-brothers who's memories are contradicted by many other sources, and finally, another man also facing sex abuse charges. And yes, I realize in cases like this, the victims having issues cannot disqualify them because they're so often related.If I'm ESPN or the police, and all I have is one person's testimony (including specific statements that are unverified and directly contradicted by credible sources) and a weird-sounding phone call with a spouse who both admits to having sex with the victim later AND is no longer interested in her husband, then I don't do shit either, without corroboration. It does not appear this guy is either guilty, or there are people going a long way to make him look that way. But it looks to me like people investigated and could not find credible evidence, which is not how I would characterize the Sandusky situation.
Jerry Sandusky lawyer says Sandusky may have only been trying to teach kids "how to put soap on their body" in shower.
If that's his defense then, yeah, he's screwed.
"If you believe McQueary, I suggest you dial 1-800-REALITY."Oops.
That's fucking brilliant. Not brilliant like intelligent, but brilliant like incredibly fantastic. As far as how to use soap: "See, you get in the shower, you take the soap, you rub it on your body. Then you stay in the shower til it washes off." I can see how those instructions could be terribly confusing. "Pizza party after practice today!" [Takes slice of pizza, physically opens boy's mouth, inserts pizza, closes boys mouth, places hand under boy's chin and physically teaches him how to chew.]
  • 6 months later...
Wow."In order to avoid the consequences of bad publicity, the most powerful leaders at the university -- Spanier, Schultz, Paterno and Curley -- repeatedly concealed critical facts relating to Sandusky's child abuse," the report said.Paterno "was an integral part of this active decision to conceal," Freeh said at a news conference.

I read a story about the lads in Sandsky's lockup singing, in chorus, "Hey, Teacher, Leave Those Kids Alone" after lights out on his first night in.Ya know, there's these strange times, albeit incredibly rare, where I actually kinda miss it.I don't know how Pennsylvania handles things, but he'd better hope they have "special needs" housing/yard for chesters like they do in California, otherwise he's going to be living in PC hell for the rest of his life. Regular pervs have a hard enough time but a mega high profile one like him? LOL. He's going to be the biggest target, ever.

I read a story about the lads in Sandsky's lockup singing, in chorus, "Hey, Teacher, Leave Those Kids Alone" after lights out on his first night in.Ya know, there's these strange times, albeit incredibly rare, where I actually kinda miss it.I don't know how Pennsylvania handles things, but he'd better hope they have "special needs" housing/yard for chesters like they do in California, otherwise he's going to be living in PC hell for the rest of his life. Regular pervs have a hard enough time but a mega high profile one like him? LOL. He's going to be the biggest target, ever.
he is a sick bastard i can't imagine it is going to go well for him
I'm just sorry Paterno didn't live to see his reputation tarnished.
you are obviously a sick bastard as well.
he is a sick bastard i can't imagine it is going to go well for himyou are obviously a sick bastard as well.
Why?Also you might consider using different language to describe a serial child rapist and a random internet poster who said something relatively inoffensive.
Also you might consider using different language to describe a serial child rapist and a random internet poster who said something relatively inoffensive.
You're all sick bastards, you son-of-a-bitch.tumblr_l0bie9IccR1qza49co1_500.png
  • Like 1
Why?Also you might consider using different language to describe a serial child rapist and a random internet poster who said something relatively inoffensive.
he is sorry "Paterno didn't live to see his reputation tarnished" there is nothing good coming from any of this, i am not defending paterno or the school but there is no need for that...whatever my life doesn't change either way