Algorithms, Stocks, Flocks, And A Million Dollar Book

TED Talks could almost have a thread of their own, but there's so many good ones you could just go to their site. But here's one that I found exceptionally fascinating about how computer algorithms run our world. Hi, I'm from Skynet, nice to meet you.TED Talks on algorithms

Really, really interesting. Like everyone else, I'm pretty fascinated by good algorithms. They're essentially what I do. I find it hard to believe, however, that the speed of light through NYC is actually a factor in the success of these algorithms. Surely there are other factors whose characteristic time is much larger than the time it takes an electric signal to go from downtown to midtown.

That's gorgeous LLY. However, how have you not added:"Despite the large significance of the measurement reported here [6 sigma significance] and the stability of the analysis, the potentially great impact of the result motivates the continuation of our studies in order to investigate possible still unknown systematic effects that could explain the observed anomaly. We deliberately do not attempt any theoretical or phenomenological interpretation of the results."Source... in the LLY thread? Jesus Christ, educate people when they ask you questions.

Earth, New?lol, no. A new earth is offensive to me. There is only one, and it is exceptional in all the universe, because God made it for human beings. this should be obvious because Adam was the first human being, created as a human being, and Eve was the first ho pulled from his rib.Why would there be other places with thinking animals on it if God, according to the Bible, didn't spawn humans through intelligent design on our exceptional planet, and specifically this exceptional country?There wouldn't be, that's why.

Earth, New?lol, no. A new earth is offensive to me. There is only one, and it is exceptional in all the universe, because God made it for human beings. this should be obvious because Adam was the first human being, created as a human being, and Eve was the first ho pulled from his rib.Why would there be other places with thinking animals on it if God, according to the Bible, didn't spawn humans through intelligent design on our exceptional planet, and specifically this exceptional country?There wouldn't be, that's why.
So you're pretty excited about this movie?
Are you going to eventually get bored with this character? I think I speak for everyone when I say, I sure hope so.
Really, really interesting. Like everyone else, I'm pretty fascinated by good algorithms. They're essentially what I do. I find it hard to believe, however, that the speed of light through NYC is actually a factor in the success of these algorithms. Surely there are other factors whose characteristic time is much larger than the time it takes an electric signal to go from downtown to midtown.
I don't think it's just the speed of light, I think there are switches and routers and things that take some time. Maybe I'll watch it again and see if they made that clear.I think the fascinating thing is that map of the world. He said that was based on quantum physics, so it's fascinating to think of someone using quantum computing to build a platform in the middle of the ocean to make billions of dollars by decoding quantum states. At that point, the world is just too confusing, and the rest of us should just go to headquarters and submit to our masters.