Hockey Pool Drafting Season Is Upon Us

How about, we each pick 10, and our top 9 count? Just to account for at least 1 terrible injury.ArpSergeWayneDannyGId be ok going to 12/15 of us even? just dont want to leave anyone out, but if we only get like 8-10, Im good too.
you should create a new thread for it with whatever the exact rules etc are once you've decided on them.I guess I'll probably join in
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should create a new thread for it with whatever the exact rules etc are once you've decided on them.I guess I'll probably join in
Oh no we are doomed!!!!!!!

yeah, we can just do the draft in thread. Even if we go past thursday, it's not the end of the world if the draft isn't finished before the first games are played.

We can also do one of those "pick a player from each box" drafts.
Just make sure that there's one current or former Big M in each box to make my life easier.If you think Serge is a Leaf homer wait until you see who I'll be trying to take.
Does anyone else find it strange that FCP-Hockey doesnt have a simple draft pool during the regular season? It would be so easy for us to do. We dont even have to go on MSN, do we? just give everyone 10min to make their pick in a new thread, and we could be done by Thursday night. Anyone interested other than degenerate me?
Definitely in if it's just simple points or whatever.
  • 6 months later...
If your definition of decent is they will finish somewhere around 27th in the NHL, then you might be right..The Islanders are a bad team, thats not gonna change for a while.
BOOM, Serge hits a bullseye.
Montoya I have to decide tonight. A few publications seem to think he'll be #1, dont think I agree.Id like to trade him if at all possible, hopefully find a taker.
BOOM FCP. Heard a lot of "Montoya isnt all that great", so I moved him for a forward, and some D-man.The Dman was Erik Karlsson.These old threads are fun.
I see this is where our FCP pool started, but still no mention of anyone paying anybody, so I'm still assuming nobody paid.
Ya, thats what I was looking for. I recall a conversation where I asked should we collect, and got a couple of dont bothers, and so.....we didnt collect.
  • 2 months later...

Keeper league, no salary structure or anything. Stats are G, A, Points, PPP, GWG. Rank these players, let me know if you think there are big gaps at any point in the rankings:SeguinNashVanekPavelski

Keeper league, no salary structure or anything. Stats are G, A, Points, PPP, GWG. Rank these players, let me know if you think there are big gaps at any point in the rankings:SeguinNashVanekPavelski
I think Nash would be head and shoulders above the other 4 on a different team. If he gets traded to Rangers, Flyers he is by far the best option..IMO

Seguin is my #1 there... assuming you can actually keep him.Nash, eh, kinda depends. I think he's a bit overrated, but really don't have any basis for that because I have no idea what he could do with a very good linemate.Vanek and Pavelski are pretty known commodities. Pavelski's last 4 seasons have been pretty identical. Vanek is a bit more inconsistent, I guess he has a better chance of going big, given he's had 84- and 73-point seasons already His average season is about the same as Pavelski if you remove those outliers. I'd be a bit worried about Pavelski going to Columbus in a Nash trade, though it's looking more and more like SJ is out on that. These two, and Nash, are all 1984 birthdays. Seguin is a 1992 and already has a better season under his belt than Pavelski ever has.Nash's numbers are similar to Vanek's and Pavelski's normal seasons, but has one outlier of 79 points.So...1. Seguin2. Nash3. Vanek4. PavelskiI guess. Would help to know how the keeper aspect works.

Keeper aspect is that there are no salaries or anything like that. Really simple. You keep 6 guys every year. Re-choose every year with no commitments. So Seguin gets bonus points for his age. Vanek gets some bonus points since I can lose him if he tanks.The trade I'm considering would net Seguin and Pavelski for Nash. I'd give up picks, but that doesn't matter a lot. I'm considering pushing for Seguin and Vanek instead, though I'm trying to see if I can wait to see where Nash lands first.

Seguin easily. Nash really doesnt get the pts most people think he does. Its nice to assume he'll be an 80pt player someday, on someteam, but until it happens, Id go Seguin all the way.The other 2 are in the Nash type output, with Vanek+Nash being better for things like G, and GWG, Im assuming, though not having stats in front of me.oh, just read you last post. You can only keep 6 guys a year? How many poolies? This is a no brainer trade for me, Id rather have Seguin alone over Nash.

14 teams in the league. my team sucks, as my two first picks in the pool (a few years ago) were Nick Backstrom (WAS) and Mike Green.
14 teams*6 keepers, thats 84 total. Assuming the best G+DEF are protected, probably leaves top 50 fwds. If you ask me, the tope 20/30 are really worth keeping, and anything beyond that is fairly interchangable. Hence guys like Pavelski are fairly worthless as keepers, and guys like Seguin with top 20fwd potential worth more.

The answer is no.unless you want a goalie who will play 20-30games, and start off with a great GAA that then slowly gets worse in the second half of the year.then he's your guy.

Brian Elliot, Niskanen, Cole, or Spurgeon [G+A only, 3 pts for a SO] as my last keeper.Note: all will probably be non-starters, have Rask & Halak in G, Spurgeon was going to be an autodrop but considerating the upgrades in Minni...