Hockey Pool Drafting Season Is Upon Us

first draft of the year last night. work pool, newbie friendly, very little drafting strategy.there were 14 people. We draft 8 forwards, 4 defense, and 2 goalies. There is a seperate drafting order and draft for each category. Points only, no roster changes. officepools.com style. Goalie wins are 2, and shutouts are a bonus 3 points.My team:Forwards:1. Ovechkin (4)2. Matt Duchene (25)3. Zach Parise (33)4. Patrick marleau (54)5. Marian Hossa (62)6. Patric Hornqvist (83)7. Evander Kane (91)8. Gabriel Landeskog (112)Defense:1. Lubomir Visnovsky (9)2. Dustin Byfuglien (20)3. Ryan Suter (36)4. Jaime Mcbain (47)Goalies:1. Marc Andre Fleury (7)2. James Reimer (21)6 of us also did a $5 Rookie of the year pool. I took Zac Dalpe, so I hope he makes the Canes. 6 guys chosen were:RNHLandeskogOEL (lol ineligible, I think I'll give this guy another pick)Brayden SchennNini NeiderreiterZac DalpeIf none of them win the Calder, the pot goes to the highest point total in the NHL this year.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Larsson or Johansen, I'm surprised by that. Johansen is my pick.
it was kind of an impromptu last minute thing with no research done and no research available. We all just kinda randomly picked a guy without much thought.
it was kind of an impromptu last minute thing with no research done and no research available. We all just kinda randomly picked a guy without much thought.
That's fair. I hear good things about Dalpe, could easily make a run at it in the right situation.

final draft of the year for me was last night.goals: 2assists: 1wins: 2shutouts: extra 5the point structure completed changed the player rankings, and only a few guys in the pool adjusted for it. It was the same structure as my last pool, with 3 seperate drafting orders for forwards/defense/goalies. Also, this pool allows you to make 2 trades at the all star break and completely replace the points. ie. if Crosby doesn't play, I can trade him and get player x, + all the points he got in the meantime.I'm pretty happy with my team, obviously my strategy was to focus on goal scorers. I wasn't planning on drafting any Leafs, but kessel and Kulemin fell to me in good spots, given the point structure.15 teams in the draft1. Sidney Crosby (9)2. Jeff Carter (21)3. Patrick Sharp (39)4. Phil Kessel (51)5. jamie Benn (69)6. Patrice bergeron (81)7. Nik Kulemin (99)1. Mike green (2)2. Erik karlsson (29)1. Cam Ward (11)

final draft of the year for me was last night.goals: 2assists: 1wins: 2shutouts: extra 5the point structure completed changed the player rankings, and only a few guys in the pool adjusted for it. It was the same structure as my last pool, with 3 seperate drafting orders for forwards/defense/goalies. Also, this pool allows you to make 2 trades at the all star break and completely replace the points. ie. if Crosby doesn't play, I can trade him and get player x, + all the points he got in the meantime.I'm pretty happy with my team, obviously my strategy was to focus on goal scorers. I wasn't planning on drafting any Leafs, but kessel and Kulemin fell to me in good spots, given the point structure.15 teams in the draft1. Sidney Crosby (9)2. Jeff Carter (21)3. Patrick Sharp (39)4. Phil Kessel (51)5. jamie Benn (69)6. Patrice bergeron (81)7. Nik Kulemin (99)1. Mike green (2)2. Erik karlsson (29)1. Cam Ward (11)
Kulemin is going to have a big year..I am hoping Ronnie Genious utilizes him more on the PP. He scored 30 goals last year despite being ranked 127th in the NHL in PP TOI(Power play time on Ice).He is in his 4th year, where a lot of players take the next step.This is going to sound bold , however I believe he has 40 40 talent...80 pts isnt out of the question.

Using this point system, green would have been far and away the best D man in the league for the 3 years before last year. I think last year was an anomoly.

Does anyone else find it strange that FCP-Hockey doesnt have a simple draft pool during the regular season? It would be so easy for us to do. We dont even have to go on MSN, do we? just give everyone 10min to make their pick in a new thread, and we could be done by Thursday night. Anyone interested other than degenerate me?

Does anyone else find it strange that FCP-Hockey doesnt have a simple draft pool during the regular season? It would be so easy for us to do. We dont even have to go on MSN, do we? just give everyone 10min to make their pick in a new thread, and we could be done by Thursday night. Anyone interested other than degenerate me?
I thought this was what Adam's Yahoo pool is?
I thought this was what Adam's Yahoo pool is?
ya, fair enough. I meant more of a simple format, where its not head to head and different categories.You just draft players, and whoever gets more pts. wins. (you know, like mine we do)Its not so much that Im dying to do another one of these, Im just kinda suprised we dont do one. If we started last week, we could have just done it in a thread. Maybe others dont find it as fun as I do.
ya, fair enough. I meant more of a simple format, where its not head to head and different categories.You just draft players, and whoever gets more pts. wins. (you know, like mine we do)Its not so much that Im dying to do another one of these, Im just kinda suprised we dont do one. If we started last week, we could have just done it in a thread. Maybe others dont find it as fun as I do.
I would be interested..If there is interest..
sure..Start it up...First 10 to join are in.
How about, we each pick 10, and our top 9 count? Just to account for at least 1 terrible injury.ArpSergeWayneDannyGId be ok going to 12/15 of us even? just dont want to leave anyone out, but if we only get like 8-10, Im good too.