LOL, you are so biased.She did not say that supporting Cain is racist that is just how you want to view what she said.With the million and one talking heads on cable these days it's easy to find comments that make one side or the other look bad.Here is what she said.Feel free to disagree with her comment but you're doing exactly what you accuse others are doing with your headline on your link.
So she makes this quote I think he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel that they're not racist because they can like this guy, I think they like him because he’s a black man who knows his place," Democratic strategist and former spokeswoman of the DNC Karen Finney told MSNBC. She was talking about Herman Cain.and your conclusion is that she is not accusing Cain supporters of being racist?
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's the difference between a particular gene sequence in an abstract sense and a particular gene sequence that exists within a cell? Can you explain the difference in a way that doesn't boil down

This is pretty funny. The problem isn't the itty bitty details. The problem is Romney refuses to say if he's going to play Poker or Go Fish with the cards, and is on record as saying he doesn't know

I see.   I'd rather give the poor tax breaks than give them welfare. As a general rule. Let them keep their money to live on rather than take their money and then provide for them.

hblask, who are you talking to? You're starting to sound like you're just talking to yourself, inventing straw men and then ranting about them
There are a number of people on this forum who supported the any-opposition-to-Obama-is-racist and tea-party-is-violent-and-racist theories, based on much weaker evidence than we have lately. So it is directed mostly to those people, and to anyone who continues to deny that the MSM is horrendously biased -- and yes, there are a number of those here, too.Look back at the tea-party-is-racist discussion from a year or so ago, you'll see who they are.
So she makes this quote I think he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel that they're not racist because they can like this guy, I think they like him because he’s a black man who knows his place," Democratic strategist and former spokeswoman of the DNC Karen Finney told MSNBC. She was talking about Herman Cain.and your conclusion is that she is not accusing Cain supporters of being racist?
Seriously Bob you are totally out there on this one.Sure maybe she did not say that supporting Cain is racist but she certainly called his republican supporters racist.
Seriously Bob you are totally out there on this one.Sure maybe she did not say that supporting Cain is racist but she certainly called his republican supporters racist.
She for sure implied that a lot of Republicans are racist but that is far different than Henry's headline that he now admits he did on purpose to be absurd that says that all supporters of Cain are racists.I think her statement in the context she used it was stupid and unproductive. There's a place to discuss racism but the way she did it wasn't it.
Two women accused Herman Cain of inappropriate behavior
Exclusive: Two women accused Herman Cain of inappropriate behaviorBy JONATHAN MARTIN & MAGGIE HABERMAN & ANNA PALMER & KENNETH P. VOGEL | 10/30/11 8:00 PM EDT During Herman Cain’s tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO. The women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures.In a series of comments over the past 10 days, Cain and his campaign repeatedly declined to respond directly about whether he ever faced allegations of sexual harassment at the restaurant association. They have also declined to address questions about specific reporting confirming that there were financial settlements in two cases in which women leveled complaints. POLITICO has confirmed the identities of the two female restaurant association employees who complained about Cain but, for privacy concerns, is not publishing their names. Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon told POLITICO the candidate indicated to campaign officials that he was “vaguely familiar” with the charges and that the restaurant association’s general counsel had resolved the matter. The latest statement came from Cain himself. In a tense sidewalk encounter Sunday morning outside the Washington bureau of CBS News — where the Republican contender had just completed an interview on “Face the Nation” — Cain evaded a series of questions about sexual harassment allegations.Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/...l#ixzz1cJeqbipv
Very vague, but it will accomplish its objective which is to have him tried in the media. Now all he will be asked about is this. This story is hit job by a left wing publication. It would never have been run with so few details if the candadate were a democrat. Note: The accusers and sources aren't named.
Very vague, but it will accomplish its objective which is to have him tried in the media. Now all he will be asked about is this. This story is hit job by a left wing publication. It would never have been run with so few details if the candadate were a democrat. Note: The accusers and sources aren't named.
Well the accusers signed non-disclosure agreements as part of their settlements.Things will come out or they won't over the next few days and how Cain handles it will be interesting.
If you disagree with a person's analysis that doesn't make them biased. It just means that they don't agree with you.There are really only two explanations to me for Perry hinting at going Birther like he did. One he's a moron or two he's trying to appeal to the Birthers and to deny that the Birthers to a large extent are rooted in racism is to deny reality.Like he said on that show which I was watching Sunday morning not all birthers are racists but the birther idea is born of racism.
Well the accusers signed non-disclosure agreements as part of their settlements.Things will come out or they won't over the next few days and how Cain handles it will be interesting.If you disagree with a person's analysis that doesn't make them biased. It just means that they don't agree with you.There are really only two explanations to me for Perry hinting at going Birther like he did. One he's a moron or two he's trying to appeal to the Birthers and to deny that the Birthers to a large extent are rooted in racism is to deny reality.Like he said on that show which I was watching Sunday morning not all birthers are racists but the birther idea is born of racism.
No he is biased, bigoted would be a better word for it. There is evidence that Perry is an idiot, but Simon presented no evidence that the birther movement was racist, he stated that it was rooted in belief that a black man could never be elected president, but he offered nothing but his opinion. I partially share that opinion, and believe Perry is moronic to even hint at giving crecence to birther movement. The point I wanted to get across was the last statement he made, Well, it's because being extreme perhaps and, a little bit racist perhaps, gives you good bonafides in a Republican primary. It shows them you're on the same side as they are," Politico's Roger Simon said on CNN's "Reliable Sources."He loses 100% of his credibility as a unbiased commentator and he hurts the credibility of Politico at the same time, not that this ridiculous statement was needed for us to know that Politico is left wing propaganda for the most part, only slightly less so than MSNBC.

I feel like there'd be a lot less uncomfortableness about calling the teeming masses of the right racist if some of you were to come to the midwest and talk to people about obama when their guard is down.and no, I don't play GOTCHA, RACIST! with random people in my free time.

I suggest you forget who broke the story since it probably was leaked by one of the other Republican campaigns. If the Democrats had this information they wouldn't release it now they would release it after Cain was the nominee when it could actually help the Democrats.

I suggest you forget who broke the story since it probably was leaked by one of the other Republican campaigns. If the Democrats had this information they wouldn't release it now they would release it after Cain was the nominee when it could actually help the Democrats.
Nah, I think the democrat party just went to their dirty tricks book and looked up: 'How to take down a black man that refused to submit to the democrat's opinion for their race'The answer was: Get a woman or two to lie about sexual harrassment.Because they can't go after the black part, but they can go after the man part.The media/democrat party wants to run against Romney.The master plan is to make the only choices for this country a far left versus a middle left option.
I feel like there'd be a lot less uncomfortableness about calling the teeming masses of the right racist if some of you were to come to the midwest and talk to people about obama when their guard is down.and no, I don't play GOTCHA, RACIST! with random people in my free time.
This is such Horseshit, maybe the people you hang out with. I live in the midwest, and I know of one person, who btw was a lifelong democrat say he wouldn't elect a ****** president. The guy that said this everyone generally agrees is a piece of shit,Now you may find a lot of dislike for black lib politicians in the midwest but it has nothing to do with what color their skin happens to be.
Even if this were true, and I admit it is a possiblity, they knew who they could go to spread this garbage.
If I want to find the source of racism in America, it wouldn't be in the midwest.But I'll give you a hint where I would go; the local and state government have been run by democrats the vast majority of the last 150 years.
If I want to find the source of racism in America, it wouldn't be in the midwest.But I'll give you a hint where I would go, the local and state government have been run by democrats he vast majority of the time.
Take a look where minorities have it worse. In urban areas that have been under total control of democrats for going on 30 years.
Take a look where minorities have it worse. In urban areas that have been under total control of democrats for going on 30 years.
:club: Pure coincidence :icon_hand:Next you'll try to make the connection that the areas of greatest economic poverty are also mostly run by democrats.
Even if this were true, and I admit it is a possiblity, they knew who they could go to spread this garbage.
It isn't garbage it's a story.Basically Cain and his campaign have said he didn't sexually harrass anybody but they have not denied that two women received a financial payment.I'm sure the spin is going to be that the accusations were false and that they were paid off since that was cheaper and easier than fighting the charges.
:club: Pure coincidence :icon_hand:Next you'll try to make the connection that the areas of greatest economic poverty are also mostly run by democrats.
And the worst school systems in the country.
He loses 100% of his credibility as a unbiased commentator and he hurts the credibility of Politico at the same time, not that this ridiculous statement was needed for us to know that Politico is left wing propaganda for the most part, only slightly less so than MSNBC.
I don't understand. Rather, I think you don't understand.He was on a show presenting his opinion. It was an editorial. And having a person from Politico, which is pretty much an openly liberal organization, present his opinion doesn't "hurt Politico's credibility." (Especially when the opinion is very likely to be true. He wasn't calling all birthers racists, as he explicitly said, but he said there's a racist aspect to the claim). Having an opinion doesn't make one biased. (Let me rephrase that: the term "baised" is bad to begin with, because it implies that one should strive to be devoid of opinions. No one is. We are all made up of the collective experiences and information that we've acquired throughout our lives. When we make opinions, we are drawing on that cache of information and data. Since we all have had different lives, we all use a different cache of data, so people often come to different conclusions. This isn't being biased, unless every single person is biased. I mean, yes, every single person is biased. Which is why "baised" vs "non-biased" is a bad standard for the media).
It isn't garbage it's a story.Basically Cain and his campaign have said he didn't sexually harrass anybody but they have not denied that two women received a financial payment.I'm sure the spin is going to be that the accusations were false and that they were paid off since that was cheaper and easier than fighting the charges.
it Printed as it was it is garbage, IMO, like I said earlier, this story would not have been run if it involved a democratic candadate, with facts as vague as they are is the story. I know people that have been involved in sexual harassment accusations, thanks to politcal correctness in this country sexual harassment is a wide wide spectrum which is impossible to evaluate without specific details.
I'm sure the spin is going to be that the accusations were false and that they were paid off since that was cheaper and easier than fighting the charges.
I will agree that this excuse could be spin.But it also could be 100% true.Many people in public spotlight find this solution to be the only viable one.Against Anita Hill they decided to fight by proving that she lied. She made claims of sexual harassment 4 months before she went to work for Thomas, proving she was a liar. That plan failed, today Anita Hill still gets paid to give speeches about her abuse.
I don't understand. Rather, I think you don't understand.He was on a show presenting his opinion. It was an editorial. And having a person from Politico, which is pretty much an openly liberal organization, present his opinion doesn't "hurt Politico's credibility." (Especially when the opinion is very likely to be true. He wasn't calling all birthers racists, as he explicitly said, but he said there's a racist aspect to the claim). Having an opinion doesn't make one biased. (Let me rephrase that: the term "biased" is bad to begin with, because it implies that one should strive to be devoid of opinions. No one is. We are all made up of the collective experiences and information that we've acquired throughout our lives. When we make opinions, we are drawing on that cache of information and data. Since we all have had different lives, we all use a different cache of data, so people often come to different conclusions. This isn't being biased, unless every single person is biased. I mean, yes, every single person is biased. Which is why "baised" vs "non-biased" is a bad standard for the media).
Sorry, Hell I don't know what other word to use. Are they an openly liberal organization? I have always seen them as being presented as main stream. Ok do you think it would be appropriate for CNN to have someone on who gave an opinion that the reason Obama doesn't fire Holder is because he would lose credibility with the Black Panthers and the rest of his liberal base? Do you think CNN would put some one on who gave that opinion without vehemently challenging the person giving such an editorial?
it Printed as it was it is garbage, IMO, like I said earlier, this story would not have been run if it involved a democratic candadate, with facts as vague as they are is the story. I know people that have been involved in sexual harassment accusations, thanks to politcal correctness in this country sexual harassment is a wide wide spectrum which is impossible to evaluate without specific details.
Of course they won't go into any details, just take their word for it, Cain is a piece of shit who wanted to bed women, probably rape them. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/201...t_happened.html
Of course they won't go into any details, just take their word for it, Cain is a piece of shit who wanted to bed women, probably rape them. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/201...t_happened.html
This will now dominate the coverage of Cain by the MSM. The same MSM that largely ignored an actual rape allegation against Bill Clinton. Anybody remember " put a little ice on that"