Alderney Suspends Ftp License

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on PokerNews (sorry don't have the link) that GBT would be paying back non-US players and the DOJ will take care of paying back US players.

• 2 weeks later...
http://espn.go.com/poker/story/_/id/725093...ng-completion?b
Behn Dayanim, an attorney for GBT, said: "A letter of agreement with the DOJ has been executed. It states that in the event that the Full Tilt companies consent to a forfeiture of their assets, GBT will purchase those assets." Ifrah told ESPN.com on Friday that this is a great step forward for all parties involved. "The deal that was reached between the investors and the DOJ is going to pave the way for players to be reimburesed and it's hopefully going to pave the way for a new FTP to be re-launched. Those two together, is good for poker, good for the industry and good for the players." Ifrah said the deal specifically permits the re-entry of Full Tilt Poker into the U.S. marketplace if online poker becomes legalized and regulated.

Great news indeed, and not only for the $1,400+ I have on the site :club: but the fact that attracting players is going to become JOB #1 for FullTiltPoker for a couple of years, so expect lots of juice. For people that have BLACK CARD status (that's me and a whole bunch of people :4h ) or volume players ... the new site is going to bend over backwards to accommodate you.Most people will be withdrawing most of their cash, which is normal considering the circumstances :5c but the software and hopefully the FullTilt Pros (ahem ... the ones that are not in jail or heading there ... :3h ) will grease the wheels a bit.Groupe Tapie has very deep pockets so they can weather the storm. Based in France, the new center of poker action in Europe, there is a lot of synergies possible.Most important is the fact that these guys are professional MANAGERS, so the clown show of FullTiltPoker managment can be a thing of the past. I expect there will be a whole new set of third-party verification re cash and the weird first nation licencing scams will also be given the boot in favour of "regulated under the governments of France, Spain, etc." and "audited by KPMG."At least I hope that will be the case.Great news and to all those great U.S. online poker players living under the US DOJ "Poker Prohibition" ... come to Canada for a vacation and you will be allowed to play online :ts The flip side is that since the DOJ is going to get its hooks into all of the FullTiltPoker playing data for U.S. citizens ... don't be surprised if the cheque for your money comes with a tax bill ... quite a horrible situation if you think of it.The taxation going back five or six years for some players may actually cause some of them to flee the U.S.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...