This "you benefited from a program you dislike" is one of the stupidest criticisms around. According to that theory, everyone in the Soviet Union should've supported their political system, because everyone received some benefit from it.When the government controls as much of the economy as it does, it's nearly impossible to avoid receiving some benefit. That doesn't mean it's a NET benefit to either that individual or society as a whole. If you are going to provide medical care for the poor, it is impossible to avoid getting some federal money. So I guess the left's theory is that because the nanny state is so big, only leftists should do charitable work.It's a ridiculous theory, and anyone who espouses it should be embarrassed.
Her Husband's clinic getting funds from government programs isn't a problem. Her lying about it is.
Bachmann has a problem with the truth. I doubt anyone but a couple of moron reporters looking for a cute angle has a problem with her husband using Medicare as it is intended to be used. If this was her first lie, that would be one thing. But she tells a whopper a day it feels like.
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bachmann has a problem with the truth. I doubt anyone but a couple of moron reporters looking for a cute angle has a problem with her husband using Medicare as it is intended to be used. If this was her first lie, that would be one thing. But she tells a whopper a day it feels like.
Yeah, that wasn't SS's point, and it's not the point of the vociferous left on sites like DailyKos, Reddit, etc. Their main point is the hypocrisy of getting a little bit of the confiscated funds back.As is my position with Palin, I don't want to defend Bachmann. Like Palin, about half of what Bachmann says is pretty inspirational and right on the money, and the other half is batshit crazy. OK, maybe it's 90/10 (10% crazy) and it's just the 10% that gets all the attention. But either way, it's probably too much.But the left's feeding frenzy on her is ridiculous. In a week in which the media is virutally ignoring that Obama claimed a dead soldier is still alive -- a soldier that he himself had posthumously awarded a medal -- the media is all over Bachmann for getting John Wayne's birthplace off by a few dozen miles. It goes back to the same point: if you want to start pouncing on every mis-speak, we have our National Clown, Joe Biden, giving us new material weekly, yet being ignored, and Obama's many gaffes ignored. Hold these clowns to the same standard as Palin and Bachmann.
Yeah, that wasn't SS's point, and it's not the point of the vociferous left on sites like DailyKos, Reddit, etc. Their main point is the hypocrisy of getting a little bit of the confiscated funds back.As is my position with Palin, I don't want to defend Bachmann. Like Palin, about half of what Bachmann says is pretty inspirational and right on the money, and the other half is batshit crazy. OK, maybe it's 90/10 (10% crazy) and it's just the 10% that gets all the attention. But either way, it's probably too much.But the left's feeding frenzy on her is ridiculous. In a week in which the media is virutally ignoring that Obama claimed a dead soldier is still alive -- a soldier that he himself had posthumously awarded a medal -- the media is all over Bachmann for getting John Wayne's birthplace off by a few dozen miles. It goes back to the same point: if you want to start pouncing on every mis-speak, we have our National Clown, Joe Biden, giving us new material weekly, yet being ignored, and Obama's many gaffes ignored. Hold these clowns to the same standard as Palin and Bachmann.
I would agree to this....fantasy
I agree that everyone has stupid gaffes. But you are ignoring the non-stupid lies about Obama's trip to India, or his oil policy or his use of the strategic reserve and I'm sure other things. It's just like when Sarah Palin told us Ronald Reagan would have never made a nuclear treaty with Russia like Obama did even though the treaty was full of Reagan's own ideas.And Obama and Biden are being held to the same standard on Fox News and talk radio I'm sure. We don't pretend that we have an unbiased news source left, do we? Except Jon Stewart of course.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure anybody who tries that attack could have it turned around on them easily enough.
You mean liberals benefiting from freedom of speech while they hate it if the speech isn't on their approved list of things to talk about?Example 1Example 2Example 3Example 4
I agree that everyone has stupid gaffes. But you are ignoring the non-stupid lies about Obama's trip to India, or his oil policy or his use of the strategic reserve and I'm sure other things. It's just like when Sarah Palin told us Ronald Reagan would have never made a nuclear treaty with Russia like Obama did even though the treaty was full of Reagan's own ideas.
? India trip..gaffe. Oil policy? I'm with her, Obama's decision not to drill after one accident was horrible, his use of strategic reserves is being debated by numbers of smart people, and not all agree with Obama.Obama's treaty with Russia was a one way street of stupidity, on Obama's part. Trust BUT VERIFY was Reagan, not SIGN THEN BOW like Obama's.
And Obama and Biden are being held to the same standard on Fox News and talk radio I'm sure. We don't pretend that we have an unbiased news source left, do we? Except Jon Stewart of course.
You wouldn't have to guess about Fox News if you ever watched it, sure some of the commentators remark about the gaffes, but the news is 24/7 some white chick who killed her kid. you guys really failboat your credibility when you pretend the news on Fox isn't sensationalized BS like all cable news is.
It goes back to the same point: if you want to start pouncing on every mis-speak, we have our National Clown, Joe Biden, giving us new material weekly, yet being ignored, and Obama's many gaffes ignored. Hold these clowns to the same standard as Palin and Bachmann.
Yes, yes, everyone is of exactly identical intelligence and there's no way to determine if someone is jackass based on what they say because hey, everyone makes mistakes sometimes.
Yes, yes, everyone is of exactly identical intelligence and there's no way to determine if someone is jackass based on what they say because hey, everyone makes mistakes sometimes.
I'm glad that you are okay with the media deciding who is jackassed and therefore only giving you the information they want you to have to make this determination yourself.Do they also tell you when to go potty?
I'm glad that you are okay with the media deciding who is jackassed and therefore only giving you the information they want you to have to make this determination yourself.Do they also tell you when to go potty?
Hey if I relied on the media to tell me who was a jackass, how would I know about you?POW!
Hey if I relied on the media to tell me who was a jackass, how would I know about you?POW!
You... would..read..You could have...I am..Wait..What?
? India trip..gaffe. Oil policy? I'm with her, Obama's decision not to drill after one accident was horrible, his use of strategic reserves is being debated by numbers of smart people, and not all agree with Obama.Obama's treaty with Russia was a one way street of stupidity, on Obama's part. Trust BUT VERIFY was Reagan, not SIGN THEN BOW like Obama's.You wouldn't have to guess about Fox News if you ever watched it, sure some of the commentators remark about the gaffes, but the news is 24/7 some white chick who killed her kid. you guys really failboat your credibility when you pretend the news on Fox isn't sensationalized BS like all cable news is.
She isn't disagreeing. She is telling outright lies about what he did. That's what's objectionable.
She isn't disagreeing. She is telling outright lies about what he did. That's what's objectionable.
Was she covering something up?Because we all know that to liberals, lying about some things is fine..like sex with girls your daughter's age and stuff.Was she lying to gain something? Or to protect her husband from an illegal act?Or was she under the impression that her husband business didn't get federal funds and she was wrong about it?Cause one sounds more likely, of course, that would apply if you are able to take off the hate glasses for two seconds...hate-glasses.jpg

Not about her husband, BG. About Obama. Wild, crazy lies....so far off base that they were probably not intended to be factual statements.

Not about her husband, BG. About Obama. Wild, crazy lies....so far off base that they were probably not intended to be factual statements.
Currently the only things we know to be true about Obama is that his mother's name was Stanley.And he lived in Chicago.Almost everything else he ran on has been a lie.
I hope Bachmann visits Boston so we can find out how Paul Revere's ride was really an allegory about the dangers of Roe v. Wade.
And the transformation from oops the media was wrong to ..nope Palin is stupid is complete.Palin was correct in what she said about Revere's ride and turned the facts of the ride to tie in with her Tea Party message that she was touring about.She was accused of being wrong because liberals know the poem about Paul revere's ride and all he did was two if by sea and 1 if by land and that's it. Unfortunately the rest of Paul Revere's history was not fit into that poem, so you guys have your truth, and no facts will stop you from believing them.
I agree that everyone has stupid gaffes. But you are ignoring the non-stupid lies about Obama's trip to India, or his oil policy or his use of the strategic reserve and I'm sure other things. It's just like when Sarah Palin told us Ronald Reagan would have never made a nuclear treaty with Russia like Obama did even though the treaty was full of Reagan's own ideas.And Obama and Biden are being held to the same standard on Fox News and talk radio I'm sure. We don't pretend that we have an unbiased news source left, do we? Except Jon Stewart of course.
I wasn't ignoring those other things, I was just addressing this one particular issue as part of a bigger picture. So I'm sort of off on two tangents:1. The number of people on the left (not too often here, but in general) who claim that getting any part of your tax dollars back makes you unfit to criticize the wasteful spending.2. The double standard the MSM has toward conservative vs liberal gaffes.I think all politicians should be called on their BS, but maybe that's "dog bites man". It would just be nice to have a pretense of objectivity.To be fair, there was one case lately where the opposite occurred: The Weiner Scandal. Much more serious things were being ignored on the Republican side. In this case, it was an unfortunate name that turned the tables.
Yeah I was there when you and Brv made this stretch the first time. Not buying it.
I didn't know brv wrote for the LA Times.But you are right to ignore the facts on this if you want to keep your irrational hatred of Palin alive.
Well...maybe a littleFrom liberal LA Times
"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t gonna be takin’ away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."Not even a little. Unless you think that eating ice cream counts as exercise because hey, you have to burn calories to lift that enticing stuff up to your mouth.
"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t gonna be takin’ away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."Not even a little. Unless you think that eating ice cream counts as exercise because hey, you have to burn calories to lift that enticing stuff up to your mouth.
Poetry is always lost on the ignorant...Canadians.