Al Jazeera In America

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this PALES in comparison to the number of children killed by israel and the US...are u that dumb and easily fooled???
u r n idiot.
except for the countless american lives ruined by the cocaine, or the 'collateral damage' of lives affected by the crimes committed to get the cocaine.this PALES in comparison to the number of children killed by israel and the US...are u that dumb and easily fooled???u can continue to think AJ is unworthy, but u r a dinosaur of our time. practically EVERYONE now acknowledges the LIES spewed by certain people against AJ. i thought that's why u, and others, tried to make fun of 'beheadings' on AJ; because u realized how stupid your position about it was, so u tried to make a joke about it to cover your dumb-asses. those criticisms about AJ are no longer reply-worthy; it's like running around telling people the world is flat, or that some david koresh-like fanatic 2000 yrs ago walked on water...
And by everyone you mean people too stupid to know that Fox News reports, and let's YOU decide?
  • 2 weeks later...
That pastor should have known he was playing with fire.
Such an appropriate response: You burn our book? We kill innocent people to let you know our feelings.Quick liberals, tell us why we need to be more sensitive to their feelings.I am growing more and more cold towards these people.
That pastor should have known he was playing with fire.
I know right? that asshole pastor should have had more respect for these peaceful muslims that were expressing their faith by murdering a bunch of innocent civilians because somebody completely unrelated to them destroyed a book that told stories about their favorite magical man in the sky. what an asshole that pastor was!
I know right? that asshole pastor should have had more respect for these peaceful muslims that were expressing their faith by murdering a bunch of innocent civilians because somebody completely unrelated to them destroyed threatened to destroy a book that told stories about their favorite magical man in the sky. what an asshole that pastor was!
fyp i thinkEDIT: Oooooooohhhh shit he burned it. I'm trying hard to come with something to say, but I'm having trouble. They should release more of the drone camera footage of us blowing up terrorists. Because that is enjoyable to watch. Because they are the worst people on the earth. Literally.

It is an interesting philosophical question to determine how much "blame" the pastor should have for those actions.If I know there's a murderer who will kill the nearest person next to him if I sing a certain song, am I a murderer if I sing that song so he can hear? Or what does that make me?Anyway, it's a terribly sad story, and I really feel for the families of those who were lost. Then again, people die in that area all the time, and we only really care when it's white people.Also, this shows that Afghanistan is not exactly a Jeffersonian democracy ready to hatch.Okay, there were a lot of bullet-points, hardly-thought-out ideas in this post. Sorry, that's all you're getting.

I mean at this point I almost have to believe that they're protesting something else and the media is just playing it up as the koran burning being the reason. I mean no group of people are this crazy are they? boy oh boy. pretty sure instead of carpet bombing we should be carpet lithiuming or carpet xanexing. hey you know, that's not a half bad idea. tap into their water system, start a steady drip into it... hell, the poppy plants are right there...edit: ooooh that's right, they don't have a water system... I'll keep brainstorming and report back later.

I mean at this point I almost have to believe that they're protesting something else and the media is just playing it up as the koran burning being the reason. I mean no group of people are this crazy are they? boy oh boy. pretty sure instead of carpet bombing we should be carpet lithiuming or carpet xanexing. hey you know, that's not a half bad idea. tap into their water system, start a steady drip into it... hell, the poppy plants are right there...edit: ooooh that's right, they don't have a water system... I'll keep brainstorming and report back later.
Well, what do you expect, it's a backward tribal region with almost no technology, no education, and is full of a bunch of religious zealot nutbags. Yeah, a lot of the people are going to end up pretty crazy.
Well, what do you expect, it's a backward tribal region with almost no technology, no education, and is full of a bunch of religious zealot nutbags. Yeah, a lot of the people are going to end up pretty crazy.
Leave Alabama out of this.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/04/02/...dex.html?hpt=T2I am sure this will be reported with vigor by AJ.Also, the UN sucks.
lol u continue to be truly blind! it is quite funny how you continue to believe the lies ur government tells u! isreal has raped and murdered every single palestinian while hamas does nothing but plant flowers and provide pony rides! u truly r foolish!

Burning a religious text to troll a religion is about as stupid as religion is to begin with... Still, one can't help but be left with the distinct sense that whatever Jones is doing here is dwarfed by the broader point he's succeeded in making- that these people are just hysterically violent fucking retards.OK, OK, OK, yes. It's immature and disrespectful to burn a religious book, but in a society that insists on furthering massive lies in terms of the delusion of "equality" and universal compatibility amongst all cultures, how mad can we really get at the people who rise up to point out the bullshit of it all?Islam is a religion of peace? Islam is compatible with our society?The terrorists are outliers to broader Islamic culture?You really insist this all these things are true?OK, here. Watch this.... I'm going to put a video of myself burning a book up on youtube. This will cause people in Islamic countries thousands of miles away to start murdering other people.... because I burned a book.... Save for the mustache, everything about Terry Jones is awful but what he did here was simply pointing out a naked emperor and I don't know how angry we can get with him for that.

Terry Jones is awful, the people who murdered in response are far worse.Easy stuff.
Yet it took awful Terry Jones doing something dumb to really pull back the curtains on just how horrible those people are. The deluded- who so desperately want to believe all manner of idealistic falsehoods about Islam and middle-easterners- have a hard time advancing their rose-colored position in the face of what Terry Jones so grotesquely demonstrated. This is more meaningful than people think. What will really drive it home is when they hit the US in retaliation to something like this, instead of killing people overseas and burning effigies.

I think Terry Jones is getting way too much blame, simply because he's getting any blame at all. He's hardly different than the cartoonists who drew Mohammed as an expression of free speech and as an example of how violently Muslims oppose freedom of speech. I'm not saying Jones did it for those lofty reasons, but his actions sparked a fairly succinct demonstration of how fucking awful these people are. And as Scram said, it's difficult for even bleeding-heart Muslim-lovers to pretend this isn't abominable behavior by the Afghan "protesters."

• 2 weeks later...

Just goes to show that democracy and a fundamentalist religion just dont mix.A brutal dictator is all those people understand, or respect.Get some smelling salt and a heater and dig up Saddam.