Official 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Vancouver could be in the market for Kaberle with all their injured dmen. I'm not sure what they would be willing to send back in the offer that would satisfy Burke.
Kesler would look good as a Leaf. Fair trade ?
  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason Raymond maybe. Kesler still has what, 3 or 4 years left on his contract. I would agree to the trade if Kaberle was going to resign in Van.
I was joking about Kesler, he's on pace for over 45 goals this year and might be an MVP Finalist.

Jeff Angus: My guess on Kaberle return: Blake Wheeler, one of Zach Hamill/Joe Colborne, and a prospect.I think that would be a ridiculous overpayment for Kaberle.

Jeff Angus: My guess on Kaberle return: Blake Wheeler, one of Zach Hamill/Joe Colborne, and a prospect.I think that would be a ridiculous overpayment for Kaberle.
If its Colborne alone, I think its an overpayment.Add Wheeler+halfway decent prospect, and now its like the Kessel deal didnt really happen.
Well, keep in mind that Boston has to give up salary somewhere to bring Kaberle in. They're technically $2 million over the cap right now, but Savard's LTIR brings them about $2 million under. Add Wheeler's $2.2 to that and you're home bringing Kaberle's $4.2 into the mix. Then you have to give Toronto something extra because Wheeler for Kaberle straight up doesn't get it done and Boston obviously isn't giving Toronto it's first back and they already dealt their own 2nd...so the rest of the package is either Boston's 1st rounder or a decent prospect...which equals Colborne or Hamill. I think adding another prospect or pick on top of that would be too much, unless it was a late pick or a bad prospect. Kaberle for Wheeler and one of Colborne/Hamill/Boston 1st rounder sounds right to me.
Well, keep in mind that Boston has to give up salary somewhere to bring Kaberle in. They're technically $2 million over the cap right now, but Savard's LTIR brings them about $2 million under. Add Wheeler's $2.2 to that and you're home bringing Kaberle's $4.2 into the mix. Then you have to give Toronto something extra because Wheeler for Kaberle straight up doesn't get it done and Boston obviously isn't giving Toronto it's first back and they already dealt their own 2nd...so the rest of the package is either Boston's 1st rounder or a decent prospect...which equals Colborne or Hamill. I think adding another prospect or pick on top of that would be too much, unless it was a late pick or a bad prospect. Kaberle for Wheeler and one of Colborne/Hamill/Boston 1st rounder sounds right to me.
Why do you have to give Wheeler to the Leafs?Trade Wheeler elsewhere if you have to, and then give the Leafs Hamill+pick, if they dont want just Wheeler.Leafs should be pretty thrilled with Wheeler and Hamill/highish pick imo.Maybe I value Colborne more than most, but I wouldnt give him up for just a few months of Kaberle.
Why do you have to give Wheeler to the Leafs?Trade Wheeler elsewhere if you have to, and then give the Leafs Hamill+pick, if they dont want just Wheeler.Leafs should be pretty thrilled with Wheeler and Hamill/highish pick imo.Maybe I value Colborne more than most, but I wouldnt give him up for just a few months of Kaberle.
I see Marco Sturm being more valuable than Wheeler, and Boston had to dump him to the Kings for nothing to get cap-compliant. Who says anyone will give up much of anything for Wheeler on his merit without being part of a bigger deal?
I see Marco Sturm being more valuable than Wheeler, and Boston had to dump him to the Kings for nothing to get cap-compliant. Who says anyone will give up much of anything for Wheeler on his merit without being part of a bigger deal?
WOW!
Who says anyone will give up much of anything for Wheeler on his merit without being part of a bigger deal?
I guess I do. I got no way of knowing any NHL GM would, but Im honestly suprised if his value is truly nothing. He's still just 24, and unlike Sturm's contract, you have control over his salary/terms.I wouldnt even compare the two players, Wheeler just has way more upside, imo.
I would be VERY happy with this...Wheeler, Colborne and a late round pick..Do it..And then to stick it to them, Kaberle doesnt sign and comes back to Toronto...Chiarelli can go suck his face.

I don't know...I kind of see Blake Wheeler like he's Dan Paille a couple years ago before Buffalo realized he wasn't going to be any more than that and shipped him out. Just not a fan.

Marc Stuart not in lineup tonight..Speculation is he is going to Chicago and this would make room for the Kaberle trade to go through.

Marc Stuart not in lineup tonight..Speculation is he is going to Chicago and this would make room for the Kaberle trade to go through.
Fingers crossed that Boston ****s up.
hmmm, if they can get Cooke for a 4th rounder, they will have the all a**hole line of Ruutu-Cooke-Lapierre.
OfftopicArp, in case you're not aware...the HHOF is selling a VERY NICE Ron Francis hat.