Norm Macdonald New Host Of High Stakes Poker

http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/norm-macdona...-as-host-17978/No, this isn’t some sort of early April Fools Day joke. Season 7 of the popular GSN cash game series “High Stakes Poker” will feature former “Saturday Night Live” star Norm MacDonald as its host. The new cycle will premiere on Saturday, February 26th at 8:00pm ET and be shown in 3D. It will re-air each Sunday at 11:00pm ET in case you missed any of the action.The seventh season of “High Stakes Poker” was filmed in December at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. A new location also means a brand new host, with Gabe Kaplan giving way to MacDonald. Kara Scott, a PartyPoker pro, will reprise her role as hostess. Last season, GSN officials axed longtime “High Stakes Poker” host A.J. Benza in favor of Scott......here’s the official cast list for “High Stakes Poker” Season 7 on GSN:Mike BaxterEric BonetaDoyle BrunsonJohnny ChanRobert CroakJonathan DuhamelAntonio EsfandiariPhil “OMGClayAiken” GalfondBill KleinPhil LaakJason MercierJulian MovsesianDaniel NegreanuDavid “Viffer” PeatBill PerkinsAndrew “good2cu” RoblPhil RuffinVanessa SelbstBob VoulgarisCatch the show starting on Saturday, February 26th at 8:00pm ET on GSN.

I'm afraid Norm will be too loud and try to steal the show, which will suck as the table talk in these cash games can be great.The thing that sucks about all the tv cash game shows is the site sponsorships... PAD with only FTP and non-affiliated pros and HSP/Big Game with only PS and non-affiliated pros sucks. Last seasons HSP was great... Ivey crushing Lex with the 52o 5bet ship was one of the greatest moments in tv poker for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o8qLx4vFM8 Plus Ivey crushing Hellmuth was so great.

Without Ivey, Durrrr and other non-PS pros, the show loses a lot of its appeal to me.PAD PLO cash game soon tho
I'm afraid Norm will be too loud and try to steal the show, which will suck as the table talk in these cash games can be great.The thing that sucks about all the tv cash game shows is the site sponsorships... PAD with only FTP and non-affiliated pros and HSP/Big Game with only PS and non-affiliated pros sucks. Last seasons HSP was great... Ivey crushing Lex with the 52o 5bet ship was one of the greatest moments in tv poker for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o8qLx4vFM8 Plus Ivey crushing Hellmuth was so great.
Without Ivey, Durrrr and other non-PS pros, the show loses a lot of its appeal to me.PAD PLO cash game soon tho
I am quoting this post because I agree with the one who wrote it, and I think there is a lot of truthful things in it. If only we had an acronym for that...

Liv Boeree would have made it worth watching. Well at least I can look at Jason Mercier. Agree that without Ivey and some others I doubt it will be as good.

I am quoting this post because I agree with the one who wrote it, and I think there is a lot of truthful things in it. If only we had an acronym for that...
I too agree. I hate that Kotter is gone tho. :club: I liked him as a announcer, although he could be too talkative at times. Also, can we go back to the non-corporate days when a player could play any time/anywhere they wanted? I don't mind the patches and ads, but telling them what/where they can play, I think is going to be really bad for the game overall.
Norm is one of the funniest people on the planet but this terrible for HSP.
definitely thought this, but then thought what if he has a ghostwriter like joe stapleton on the big game

You guys are tripping about how important Gabe is for the show. You'll really miss his corny Borscht Belt humor? Really? You'll really miss his NL knowledge that's dated by like 20 years? Really? I think people just like Gabe because so many other poker commentators are so odious, but never forget that it's the poker that's the centerpiece of the show. And what this show is going to miss, WAY more than Gabe, is Durrr, IVey and the rest of the FTPers. Durrrr pumped new life into the show when he started playing in it, made it worth watching for more reasons other than "OMG, I can't believe player X is such a donk". FTP pulling out of the show is a disaster for it, I think.

You guys are tripping about how important Gabe is for the show. You'll really miss his corny Borscht Belt humor? Really? You'll really miss his NL knowledge that's dated by like 20 years? Really? I think people just like Gabe because so many other poker commentators are so odious, but never forget that it's the poker that's the centerpiece of the show. And what this show is going to miss, WAY more than Gabe, is Durrr, IVey and the rest of the FTPers. Durrrr pumped new life into the show when he started playing in it, made it worth watching for more reasons other than "OMG, I can't believe player X is such a donk". FTP pulling out of the show is a disaster for it, I think.
this
The man with the large head speaks the truth.
QFToh well they need some new spice there as well, Liv Boree, Vanessa Russo, and othersit will be interesting to see the new WSOP champ in action
Nah, poker played for high stakes is awesome even without Ivey, Durrrr and Antonious. Those guys didn't add to the table talk even though they're sickos. The line-up will make for some excellent poker, interesting hands and we'll still get some sickness to boot. Norm is awesome though so that could be fun.
how about you trip into a boiling vat of cum, you pedantic cunt.
wrt the bolded:dude

To be fair I will still watch the show obv. Norm can be blisteringly funny and the player line up is decent. I do think they have screwed around too much with the original formula. And imo 3-D mania officially jumps the shark here. 3-D poker? Seriously? what, are we all we all gonna duck in fear when they bet out or insta muck?beyond redic.

I thought BigD was here to tell the story about when Norm had sex with his best friend's wife in her room while his best friend was out mowing the lawn.
I certainly could, I've listened to norm enough on carolla to tell that story. And I do love cuckolding.
BigDMcGee Members 20113 RemoveTheWynn Members 3137 Removedonk4life Members 8653 RemoveTehtoe Members 5826 Removerrumsey Members 1812 RemoveTha_Sika Members 65 Remove
UGH you just ruined my day :club:
BigDMcGee Members 20113 RemoveTheWynn Members 3137 Removedonk4life Members 8653 RemoveTehtoe Members 5826 Removerrumsey Members 1812 RemoveTha_Sika Members 65 Remove
UGH you just ruined my day :club:
quoted so Cool can see how crushed you really are.Cool, what does it take for me to be added to this list? It is a pretty cool list.