Oscars 2011  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Best Leading Actor

• Javier Bardem in ?Biutiful?
    • Jeff Bridges in ?True Grit?
    • Jesse Eisenberg in ?The Social Network?
    • Colin Firth in ?The King's Speech?
    • James Franco in ?127 Hours?
  2. 2. Best Supporting Actor

• Christian Bale in ?The Fighter?
    • John Hawkes in ?Winter's Bone?
    • Jeremy Renner in ?The Town?
    • Mark Ruffalo in ?The Kids Are All Right?
    • Geoffrey Rush in ?The King's Speech?
  3. 3. Best Leading Actress

• Annette Bening in ?The Kids Are All Right?
    • Nicole Kidman in ?Rabbit Hole?
    • Jennifer Lawrence in ?Winter's Bone?
    • Natalie Portman in ?Black Swan?
    • Michelle Williams in ?Blue Valentine?
  4. 4. Best Supporting Actress

• Amy Adams in ?The Fighter?
    • Helena Bonham Carter in ?The King's Speech?
    • Melissa Leo in ?The Fighter?
    • Hailee Steinfeld in ?True Grit?
    • Jacki Weaver in ?Animal Kingdom?
  5. 5. Best Directing

• ?Black Swan? Darren Aronofsky
    • ?The Fighter? David O. Russell
    • ?The King's Speech? Tom Hooper
    • ?The Social Network? David Fincher
    • ?True Grit? Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
  6. 6. Best Picture

• Black Swan
    • The Fighter
    • Inception
    • The Kids Are All Right
    • The King's Speech
    • 127 Hours
    • The Social Network
    • Toy Story 3
    • True Grit
    • Winter's Bone

God, I'm on monkey tilt that Exit through the gift shop didn't win best documentary. I think it was the best movie I've seen this year by far.. sons of bitches.
Yep! Def thought that ETTGS or Restrepo had this locked. Def have to see Inside Job now.
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a disappointing show, and not only because Banksy didn't win. Just boring all around. The third and fourth songs we had to sit through - the horrible new age one and the even worse Gwyneth-Paltrow-tries-to-sing experiment - were abysmal.EDIT: Oh, and they even wheeled out Billy Crystal to remind us that the hosts used to be entertaining. His 60 seconds was better than Franco and Hathaway's entire performance.

EDIT: Oh, and they even wheeled out Billy Crystal to remind us that the hosts used to be entertaining. His 60 seconds was better than Franco and Hathaway's entire performance.
I've only watched about 5 minutes total, but I'm very glad I caught his time on stage. I hadn't even considered chuckling once until he showed up.

Oh also, Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law's joke about Downey's former drug and hooker problems was less tame than Ricky Gervais's joke at the Golden Globes. But Downey acted like a cunt and called Gervais out after he introduced him, and then makes the same joke about himself in front of a much much much larger audience. Cuuuuuuuuunt.

Anne Hathaway is fun to look at, but otherwise this little bit of the Oscars I've watched has been very dull. That red dress was something.I think I'm just getting too old to enjoy watching Hollywood fellate itself anymore.First time in years that I've thought Nicole Kidman was attractive.

Anne Hathaway is fun to look at, but otherwise this little bit of the Oscars I've watched has been very dull. That red dress was something.I think I'm just getting too old to enjoy watching Hollywood fellate itself anymore.First time in years that I've thought Nicole Kidman was attractive.
Definitely dull.
Loved Spielberg saying the runners up will be greatly remembered. Def true this year.
Yeah, that was a solid line. Not sure why he was presenting for Best Picture but I guess looking at past history the presenter never has anything to do with who won last year...it's just always someone uber-famous.I'm starting to get annoyed by Anne's enthusiasm...good thing it's over now.
I think I'm just getting too old to enjoy watching Hollywood fellate itself anymore.
Yeah, that's part of why I don't really watch it. Another part is the fact that it's not funny. Or entertaining. So, really, the only reason to watch is a very very mild curiosity, which is why I watched the end. And the kids chorus thing with the winners walking about at the end was HORRIBLE in so many ways.
Yeah, that's part of why I don't really watch it. Another part is the fact that it's not funny. Or entertaining. So, really, the only reason to watch is a very very mild curiosity, which is why I watched the end. And the kids chorus thing with the winners walking about at the end was HORRIBLE in so many ways.
You didn't like the Pitt/Jolie kids closing the show?

I haven't King's Speech, but it seems like everyone said it was good but not amazing.That note aside... I wish every winner was different besides Bale and Animated. (Nerd categories excluded, those seemed right on.)

I haven't King's Speech, but it seems like everyone said it was good but not amazing.That note aside... I wish every winner was different besides Bale and Animated. (Nerd categories excluded, those seemed right on.)
I have seen Kids All Right, 127 Hours, Social Network, Inception, and part if Winters Bone (blah) and out of those it was clearly the best movie and Firth was the best actor imo. Inception was my second fav out of those. Well it was my fave but Kings Speech made me feel like I just watched a Best Pic winner. Still going to see the Fighter and True Grit the next couple weeks.
I have seen Kids All Right, 127 Hours, Social Network, Inception, and part if Winters Bone (blah) and out of those it was clearly the best movie and Firth was the best actor imo. Inception was my second fav out of those. Well it was my fave but Kings Speech made me feel like I just watched a Best Pic winner. Still going to see the Fighter and True Grit the next couple weeks.
I thought Inception was awesome, the Nolan snub was insane, and I'd probably put Social Network 2nd, but I can only go on what I've seen. I liked True Grit but it wasn't anything special. The preview for 'Kids' looked so stupid, I am shocked it was that good.
I thought Inception was awesome, the Nolan snub was insane, and I'd probably put Social Network 2nd, but I can only go on what I've seen. I liked True Grit but it wasn't anything special. The preview for 'Kids' looked so stupid, I am shocked it was that good.
I agree on the Nolan snub. Even my wife said tonight that he should win and I reminded her that he wasn't even nominated. Makes no sense.The Kids move was okay. If you saw the preview you pretty much saw the movie. I won't go running to see it again.

The show wasn't that great, but I did think that this year was exceptional for having a bunch of great moviesBest movie was weird for me... I thought Inception was the most enjoyable movie, but King's Speech had the best acting ensemble. I guess I was pleased with any movie: Inception, King's Speech, or even Social Network winning. I don't get why they did what they did with the hosts, I could have told everyone that James Franco would suck after watching him on SNL, I do think he is a good actor though and I loved him in 127 Hours and Milk. I think Anne Hathaway is great and will win a best actress oscar once she is given the right part.The acting awards were predictable and everyone was deserving although I was disappointed that Hailee Steinfeld didn't win.Kirk Douglas ftw.Meh I thought all the actors did a great job in Winter's Bone but I was bored out of my mind so I wouldn't consider it for anything.I've seen everything nominated except for The Fighter. I heard that it is long and draggy.. is it worth seeing for the acting? Or just boring?

Winter's Bone for best pic.
Ugh, really? Why did you think it was so good? Either way, that Jennifer Lawrence sure can put a dress on.
I think Anne Hathaway is great and will win a best actress oscar once she is given the right part.
Agree, she is great.I feel like James Franco was doing horribly on purpose.
The show wasn't that great, but I did think that this year was exceptional for having a bunch of great moviesBest movie was weird for me... I thought Inception was the most enjoyable movie, but King's Speech had the best acting ensemble. I guess I was pleased with any movie: Inception, King's Speech, or even Social Network winning. I don't get why they did what they did with the hosts, I could have told everyone that James Franco would suck after watching him on SNL, I do think he is a good actor though and I loved him in 127 Hours and Milk. I think Anne Hathaway is great and will win a best actress oscar once she is given the right part.The acting awards were predictable and everyone was deserving although I was disappointed that Hailee Steinfeld didn't win.Kirk Douglas ftw.Meh I thought all the actors did a great job in Winter's Bone but I was bored out of my mind so I wouldn't consider it for anything.I've seen everything nominated except for The Fighter. I heard that it is long and draggy.. is it worth seeing for the acting? Or just boring?
I really enjoyed The Fighter. I was a Mickey Ward fan tho. Bale really is Amazing in it.

All of Voldy's pics are red x's for me. :(The King's Speech was a very good movie that did everything right, but I don't think it will be remembered the way Inception will be. I felt like this year in movies had a lot of very good movies, but no really great movies. I said "movies" three times in that sentence.I didn't watch the show.