Msnbc Shifting Right?

I don't pay much attention to what politicians' say. And I didn't say Stewart invented it; he just does it much, much better.I also appreciate the logic that Friends had more viewers than the Wire so it was definitely better.
Pretty much this is exactly what this means.
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... it kind of was. It would be like Guam winning a war against us. EXACTLY LIKE THAT!
Those Guamanians are tricky bastards. I have been keeping tabs on one for a couple years now.
Well... it kind of was. It would be like Guam winning a war against us.
It really wouldn't be anything like that. We had many major advantages against the British that made victory almost inevitable. First and foremost, we had home court advantage. This meant that if the British wanted to resupply their troops from England, they would need to sail across the Atlantic. And while they were able to take ground, it was nearly impossible for them to hold any ground. To do so, they'd have to station troops, which would mean reducing the effective size of their army. So, any gains are almost immediately lost.But, most importantly, the US was eventually able to create a bigger army than the British did during the war. According to wiki:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_WarAbout 250,000 men served as regulars or as militiamen for the Revolutionary cause in the eight years of the war, but there were never more than 90,000 total men under arms at one time.By 1779, the number of British and German troops stationed in North America was over 60,000, although these were spread from Canada to Florida.[17] About 10,000 Loyalist Americans under arms for the British are included in these figures.So, while he initially were quite disadvantaged in terms of manpower and navy, we were quickly able to outclass England, which resulted in a high probability of an American victory.(Also, I know you were kidding bout the Guam thing)

Speaking of war, if Robert Gibbs's job is to answer every question on Egypt with some variation of "I don't know," he's excellent at it.I want to be clear that...uh...we're not going to be clear.This is a fluid situation and....uh...we're discussing it.

Not at all. We have, in abundance, technology and weapons that most militaries don't have----the British and the Colonists were evenly matched from that standpoint. And we were the home team----the Iraq War and Vietnam should have taught you and Ms. Bachmann that being the home team in a war is a big deal. It was unlikely at best, not a miracle by any stretch.
Seriously, do you know how many things had go absolutely perfectly for us to win that war? It was more like Iraq winning the gulf war.
Seriously, do you know how many things had go absolutely perfectly for us to win that war? It was more like Iraq winning the gulf war.
I bet you believe in American Exceptionalism don't you.
I bet you believe in American Exceptionalism don't you.
Yes, because what evidence could we possibly cite to show the USA is an exceptional country... I mean, America Circa 2011 sucks rotten dong from a policy standpoint, but if we were to magically revoke everything we every contributed to the world/everything that was extrapolated upon something we originally devised, civilization would suddenly go back a century. The same cannot be said for any other country- certainly not Canada who only exists as a sovereign nation because you amuse us and we allow it.The rest of the world has always had an inferiority complex for blindingly apparent reasons, but we are particularly awful at coat-tailing our legitimate, objective, credible superiority to push forward shitty decisions and policies that are legitimately, objectively, incredibly bad.
Yes, because what evidence could we possibly cite to show the USA is an exceptional country... I mean, America Circa 2011 sucks rotten dong from a policy standpoint, but if we were to magically revoke everything we every contributed to the world/everything that was extrapolated upon something we originally devised, civilization would suddenly go back a century. The same cannot be said for any other country- certainly not Canada who only exists as a sovereign nation because you amuse us and we allow it.The rest of the world has always had an inferiority complex for blindingly apparent reasons, but we are particularly awful at coat-tailing our legitimate, objective, credible superiority to push forward shitty decisions and policies that are legitimately, objectively, incredibly bad.
There's a difference between the US being a great country and what people mean when they talk about American Exceptionalism.There's no question that the US is "the biggest, baddest, bestest, richest and most awesomely powerful country in the history of the world." The thought process behind the concept of American Exceptionalism is behind many of those "rotten dong" policies and is going to hinder the US from finding solutions to it's problems such as the fact that Johnny can't read or do math as well as the rest of the World.A few interesting articles.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-fein/u...p_b_798402.htmlhttp://bostonreview.net/BR30.3/zinn.phpAmerican Exceptionalism has historically been thought of more in the foreign policy area but I think the mindset behind it is also keeping the US from facing the reality of how the US can remain competitive economically in the future.
No, it's just not. The British did not have a multitude of weapons that we did not. Our technological superiority over Iraq is pronounced. The British had more men and more money but they also had the same weapons and tactics available to them. Utter nonsense. We rolled over all of Iraq in 3 weeks----the British were here for years and had trouble holding isolated pockets of the colonies.Seriously, there is apparently nothing Michelle Bachmann can say that won't get defended on here no matter how ridiculous.
No, it's just not. The British did not have a multitude of weapons that we did not. Our technological superiority over Iraq is pronounced. The British had more men and more money but they also had the same weapons and tactics available to them. Utter nonsense. We rolled over all of Iraq in 3 weeks----the British were here for years and had trouble holding isolated pockets of the colonies.Seriously, there is apparently nothing Michelle Bachmann can say that won't get defended on here no matter how ridiculous.
por que?
It had nothing to do with technology. It was the baddest, most well trained, battle hardened, disciplined army in the world against pure amateurs who didn't have enough money to by shoes for everybody. If it wasn't for the French and a lot of good luck we didn't stand a chance.And I don't have a clue WTF you are talking about in that last sentence.
It was the baddest, most well trained, battle hardened, disciplined army in the world
Though, it probably didn't help them that they marched in straight lines, stood in open fields, wore read jackets, and played the drums as they fought.
This is classic, stick to creative writing, you are very talented at it but history certainly isn't your thing...
It had nothing to do with technology. It was the baddest, most well trained, battle hardened, disciplined army in the world against pure amateurs who didn't have enough money to by shoes for everybody. If it wasn't for the French and a lot of good luck we didn't stand a chance.And I don't have a clue WTF you are talking about in that last sentence.
You are wrong Cane says everything was same....so it must be true.
Though, it probably didn't help them that they marched in straight lines, stood in open fields, wore read jackets, and played the drums as they fought.
this is funny, except that was the way everyone fought back then and the British were able to put out more rounds, faster then anyone else. That translates to superior firepower in the most personal way.it also goes to show that bad ass empires of the past (Britain & France) could become so close to trivial (1940) in 150 years...there is a lesson to be learned but we as a nation are to stupid to realize it and the ones that do are considered lunatic fringe.
You are wrong Cane says everything was same....so it must be true.this is funny, except that was the way everyone fought back then
you are making our point. We fight in a way Iraq is simply not capable of. No matter how much better trained the British army was, the two sides were fighting the same way. you can make all the dumb creative writing comments you want but it won't make you right. Also, when you make a comment like that you might have some credibility if you pointed out which point you find to be creative instead of factual. I know you didn't because you cant think of any part of it to attack but you could try at least in the future.
There's a difference between the US being a great country and what people mean when they talk about American Exceptionalism.There's no question that the US is "the biggest, baddest, bestest, richest and most awesomely powerful country in the history of the world." The thought process behind the concept of American Exceptionalism is behind many of those "rotten dong" policies and is going to hinder the US from finding solutions to it's problems such as the fact that Johnny can't read or do math as well as the rest of the World.A few interesting articles.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-fein/u...p_b_798402.htmlhttp://bostonreview.net/BR30.3/zinn.phpAmerican Exceptionalism has historically been thought of more in the foreign policy area but I think the mindset behind it is also keeping the US from facing the reality of how the US can remain competitive economically in the future.
We've always had a very large, dumb underclass. They're an ugly necessity of capitalism and we had them when we were a new country, when had them when we were a rising power, when had them we were at the peak of our game and now, we still have them as we enter a state of elegant decay. They aren't a 'result of US policy'. They're a tool we've been employing since our inception. Our idiots didn't cause any of our current troubles, but our recent neglect to keep them well stocked with bread and circuses has allowed certain domestic policies to gain a foothold that threaten the entire game. Menial countries like to reference our retards in an effort to characterize the US in a way that's more palatable to them- those "Man on the Street in America" segments that run on European TV, 24/7, where they head down to Arkansas and start asking geography questions of the first 400 pounder they can collar...I don't think people fully realize just how far ahead of the rest of the world we actually are and still, to this day, in spite of not having done anything meaningful for the past 15 years, the position we still enjoy. It would be a like a marathoner so dominant that he could lay down and take a 2 hour nap before anyone came within eyesight of his lead. What makes America special is our status as a magnet for the best, brightest, most upwardly mobile 'wretched refuse' in the world. Even our African Immigrants are ridiculously bright, relative to the intelligence levels exhibited by other Native Africans. Via the miracles of selective immigration, we've been attracting the genetic creme of the crop for 400+years- now from all races and peoples- and as such, our level of achievement reflects the creativity, intelligence and ingenuity of our brightest people. We may not score high on aggregate national IQ tests, but it's the top 2% of a society that defines what they accomplish and this is where we crush; not our street-sweepers. This is what cannot be changed about America. This is irrevocable and singular in its importance. It's also the one area where no other country can ever catch up, short of throwing the borders open to anyone and letting the genetic outcome soak in for three generations. Amusing to see Europe have a go at it with the EU- and they have a better shot than anyone else to gain traction, but nationalist sentiment dies hard and they're just too fragmented. This is what makes us exceptional. American Exceptionalism isn't rooted in our laws or policies of any given day- it's rooted in our gene pool. Contrary to the lies of dick-train riding leftist queers, we are not a 'multi-cultural' society. We are a monocultural society with significant genetic diversity trending towards the top of the scale.
I don't think people fully realize just how far ahead of the rest of the world we actually are and still, to this day, in spite of not having done anything meaningful for the past 15 years, the position we still enjoy.
I disagree:- I-Phone- MOAB - GBU-43/B- F-22 Raptor- A-10 Shotgun- Bacconaise
Who doesn't love Bacconaise
It was pointed out on Reddit that the countries that eat the least bacon are the ones that are in constant revolution.I think they're onto something.
How does a show watched mostly by stoned slackers, benefit by Egyptian intramural activities?
Because the American coverage of their intramural activities has been absolutely terrible. And TDS thrives on terrible news coverage.