2011 Fcp Weight Loss Challenge

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm Pickles.Tim Horton's Green tea is delicious, you guys should try it. I just go and buy a box of tea Bags from them (20 bags I think?) for $5 or so and keep them at my desk at work. I've been drinking 3-4 cups/day.

So I just ran across this thread, nice work gents on trying to drop some pounds. I'm in the same boat trying to get ready for a) pond hockey tournament and b) summer. Been hitting the workouts hard for about six weeks now, thought I'd share my favorite morning shake recipe:1/2c 1% or skim milk1/2c frozen strawberries1/2c frozen mixed blueberries/raspberries/marionberries1/2c non-fat plain yogurt1/2 a banana1 scoop whey protein mix , I like chocolate but it's also good with vanilla (currently using Muscle Milk brand).Mix it up in a blender, then enjoy.34g protein, 8g fiber 320 calories. You will be FULL after this and it's delicious. there are a ton more here:http://www.menshealth.com/smoothies/breakfast/

So I just ran across this thread, nice work gents on trying to drop some pounds. I'm in the same boat trying to get ready for a) pond hockey tournament and b) summer. Been hitting the workouts hard for about six weeks now, thought I'd share my favorite morning shake recipe:1/2c 1% or skim milk1/2c frozen strawberries1/2c frozen mixed blueberries/raspberries/marionberries1/2c non-fat plain yogurt1/2 a banana1 scoop whey protein mix , I like chocolate but it's also good with vanilla (currently using Muscle Milk brand).Mix it up in a blender, then enjoy.34g protein, 8g fiber 320 calories. You will be FULL after this and it's delicious. there are a ton more here:http://www.menshealth.com/smoothies/breakfast/
Mmmm sounds good. You doing this before your workout? Or after?

That does sound good. Is there another substitute for the protein powder? Or if I just leave it out will it still taste good and will it fill me up?I'm only supposed to have 60-70g of protein per day so I try to keep my breakfast protein to 5-10g

looks like i am booking another trip to vegas between sometime 8-17th june next week, staying at either MGM or TI. going with the gf and another couple of our friends. hopefully we can coincide the trip with the rest of you guys being out their and some stanley cup finals games?
Adam,I have just booked a trip to the MGM, staying 1st June through 7th. Should be able to catch a couple of the finals games out there. You likely to be around? Anyone else likely to be around then?

I just googled marionberries and I think I saw Mrs C's (Marion Ross from Happy Days) clitoris.Also, that's two Happy Days references...I may be done for awhile.

Raspberry Blackberry Dewberry Pacific blackberry (Rubus ursinus) Loganberry Youngberry Himalayan blackberry (Rubus armeniacus) Santiam berry Chehalem blackberry Olallieberry Marionberry

That does sound good. Is there another substitute for the protein powder? Or if I just leave it out will it still taste good and will it fill me up?I'm only supposed to have 60-70g of protein per day so I try to keep my breakfast protein to 5-10g
Are you doing any workouts at all for this or just straight dieting?
Adam,I have just booked a trip to the MGM, staying 1st June through 7th. Should be able to catch a couple of the finals games out there. You likely to be around? Anyone else likely to be around then?
That's right in the timeframe I was looking at going, what kind of rate did you get at MGM?
Mmmm sounds good. You doing this before your workout? Or after?
I have this for breakfast. I work out in the evenings after work. Post workout I usually have a cup of milk w/ a scoop of protein mix.
It will still taste delicious, the fiber would still help you feel full for a while. 8g of the protein is from the milk and yogurt so that could work for you. It would drastically cut the calories to roughly 180-200 without the protein scoop.I don't know exactly what a marionberry is either, It's part of a frozen fruit mix I bought at CostCo.
That's right in the timeframe I was looking at going, what kind of rate did you get at MGM?
its tough to know as we had a package deal with the flight, which i guess cost like £600. we probably got raped but the 7 nights (i think we actually leave on the 8th) would have cost about another £200 so whatever that is in dollars divided by 7 lol.
its tough to know as we had a package deal with the flight, which i guess cost like £600. we probably got raped but the 7 nights (i think we actually leave on the 8th) would have cost about another £200 so whatever that is in dollars divided by 7 lol.
So, £200 = $350, divided by 7 nights is $45 per night? That can't be right, can it? I'm trying to find the MGM on Hotwire since I'd like to stay there as well, but it's looking like it will run around $100 a night through Hotwire.
So, £200 = $350, divided by 7 nights is $45 per night? That can't be right, can it? I'm trying to find the MGM on Hotwire since I'd like to stay there as well, but it's looking like it will run around $100 a night through Hotwire.
mid week you should be able to find deals for around $59...Friday and Saturday a lot more.
mid week you should be able to find deals for around $59...Friday and Saturday a lot more.
Heh...looking to book through their website is looking like it would run $150 per night for 5 nights. I'm sure I can do much better than that on Hotwire, but then that's running the risk of not getting the hotel you wanted. Still, Hotwire is like half price.
Heh...looking to book through their website is looking like it would run $150 per night for 5 nights. I'm sure I can do much better than that on Hotwire, but then that's running the risk of not getting the hotel you wanted. Still, Hotwire is like half price.
i get deals from MGM all the time..Ill try and find some in my old emails.**they are general offers, i am not a player at all..Dont gamble at all other than poker.
Are you doing any workouts at all for this or just straight dieting?
I'm doing light cardio. 20-40 minutes on the treadmill 3 times per week. No weight training.The reduced protein thing is seperate from the competition though.
They probably booked multiple people at the same time so the nightly room rate is split 2-3 ways.

Well, I dunno. I'm kinda leaning towards just paying the extra $$$ so I can guarantee the hotel I want and the room I want. It's weird, If you wanted to stay at MGM on Monday and Tuesday, 5/30-5/31, it's $65 a night. If you want to stay there Wednesday and Thursday 6/1-6/2, it jumps up to $175 a night. The following Wednesday and Thursday stay at the weekday rate of $65 a night...so what's so special about 6/1 and 6/2?

Most Sunday to Thursday nights in June are $52..However the first week is more expensive.
Can't you tell them you've already been in Vegas a week?
i may have been off on the flight price but our deal was £790pp overall for june 1-8 inclusive of flighs and hotel which i felt was a pretty fair dealfor the mgm
Yeah, on Orbitz I can get the hotel for 5 nights and the flight inclusive for cheaper than I can get the hotel through their website. I'll probably go with that.