Buy Hand Histories Or Buy Coaching?

So, I have been playing for 4 years or so and I have seen some decent earnings. However, when moving up to higher and higher stakes, my edge has gone down due to the surrounding skill levels of the players that are usually at the table. While I think that coaching should improve my game overall, it's expensive and it wont give me a specific edge against the players I play against the same way having hands on those players would.I play 6 max and 9 max 3/6 and sometimes 5/10 NL HE on stars and I have been using hold em manager to analyze the hand histories i have accumulated. This has been working decently for when I play someone I have already played against but there are so many players on stars that I would like to get some bulk hand histories to import to hold em manager. The only site I found up until this point was poker table ratings but their prices are ridiculous.

Why would you buy hand histories? Can't you just log them on your computer as you play and use HEM to sort through afterwards? By all means, buy some coaching. From what I've heard, it's invaluable. If you have the money, buy the coaching.

Like I said, I have been using the hand histories that I have accumulated but I'm finding it isn't a big enough sample size, especially given the fact that there are so many people on stars. I would like to have a LARGE sample size on at least most (or ideally all) of the people I will run into in these games rather than having to guess how they play. If this site is legit and is offering away all of december for free I could just do that and then still be able to afford coaching as well I suppose.

Ohh, I get it now.Check the pokerstars website - I actually think this might be against their terms and conditions as a dataminer.I still think coaching would be far, far more beneficial.

Well, 2 things. Yeah I think you're right that they don't allow datamining, but I wouldn't be the one datamining obviously I would just be using the hand histories provided by said dataminer. Furthermore, I would not be using Hold'em manager and these hands on the computer I grind on, it would be on a laptop off to the side.

Well, 2 things. Yeah I think you're right that they don't allow datamining, but I wouldn't be the one datamining obviously I would just be using the hand histories provided by said dataminer.
Good luck using that explanation with PS security.It really sounds like you're just trying to get us to justify your using of this site. No offense.

I think it's a pretty shady/unethical thing to do and I dislike that there are sites out there that offer hand histories. I'm really unsure as to the Stars' policy on this...you might wanna read very carefully through the T+C.It's lame that these sites exist which force people to do these things just to get a slightly bigger edge.I think coaching is a much better path to take..quite tough to be sure you're getting a good coach though.

I think it's a pretty shady/unethical thing to do and I dislike that there are sites out there that offer hand histories. I'm really unsure as to the Stars' policy on this...you might wanna read very carefully through the T+C.It's lame that these sites exist which force people to do these things just to get a slightly bigger edge.I think coaching is a much better path to take..quite tough to be sure you're getting a good coach though.
I'm like 98% sure that it's against their policy.
Give a man stats on the fish, and you will feed his bankroll for half a year. Teach a man how to beat the fish, and you will feed his bankroll for a lifetime. I'd go with the coaching.
What about with a continuous supply of hands though? Besides, I'm not playing fish. Who needs hand histories to win against fish? They aren't the problem.And yeah that's why i said sharkscope WAS against their rules lol.

Still is : http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/Under

Some examples of tools and services which are prohibited only while PokerStars is running are:
As is PTR ....but not hand trackerI use sharkscope all the time though and I've never gotten a warning.I think sharkscope is quite different to the hand history sites though.
What about with a continuous supply of hands though? Besides, I'm not playing fish. Who needs hand histories to win against fish? They aren't the problem.
Yeah, but "teach a man how to beat the weak regs" didn't sound as cool... ;)I'd still think that learning more about the game in the long run is going to be more profitable than learning more about your opponents' stats. I'm pretty sure it would be for me, but people have different ways of processing and using information, so what's best for you I don't know.Also, even apart from the shadiness issues that others have mentioned, to me it would be much more fulfilling to actually learn about the game from someone who is better at it. But that's coming from someone who plays the game mainly for fun - if making money is your prime objective that may not be your most imprtant concern.
Still is : http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/UnderAs is PTR ....but not hand trackerI use sharkscope all the time though and I've never gotten a warning.I think sharkscope is quite different to the hand history sites though.
I don't think I would ever use PTR. They charge far too much. For their prices I would much prefer coaching. I think I may just take the free months worth of hands and then use the saved money for a coach. Still gotta think about it though...

I know a guy who bought hand histories in January of everyone I he plays with on Stars. It was the best thing I've he's ever done. I'm He's up $100k since January and flying high. I'll He'll coach you how to get hand histories.. a combination of both ehhh.You know, it's like they say: All you need in life is love, food, alcohol, and hand histories.

I know a guy who bought hand histories in January of everyone I he plays with on Stars. It was the best thing I've he's ever done. I'm He's up $100k since January and flying high. I'll He'll coach you how to get hand histories.. a combination of both ehhh.You know, it's like they say: All you need in life is love, food, alcohol, and hand histories.
LOL!! Yeah that's what I've heard from others as well. Which is why I was leaning towards it as an alternative to coaching. What site do you use for your HH's and what limits do you play?
LOL!! Yeah that's what I've heard from others as well. Which is why I was leaning towards it as an alternative to coaching. What site do you does your friend use for your his HH's and what limits do you does he play?
There you go
LOL!! Yeah that's what I've heard from others as well. Which is why I was leaning towards it as an alternative to coaching. What site do you use for your HH's and what limits do you play?
I was actually talking about Balloon Guy someone who likes balloons so if you have any Qs I think you should direct them to him/her. He's/she's not only an expert of balloons something but also a hand history wiz.