• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to thank everyone for their outstanding fatherly advice

I think you lost the trade.

Dearest Dale,   This Diwali, may you be blessed with good fortune as long as Ganeshki's trunk, wealth and prosperity as big as his stomach, happiness as sweet as his ladoos, and may your trouble be

Happy Birthday Zach..... congrats on your first day of sobriety... :club:
lol, I've only been drunk once since last Sunday. I'm phasing it out, mostly because I'm broke. Might knock back a few pops tonight, though.
Very nice looking watch. I never wear one however. Only use my phone as a watch.
I'm the same way, I've never had any interest in wearing a watch. I have interest in owning expensive ones though, for some reason.
THat is a pretty nice watch.I have been looking at watches lately but my taste far exceeds my financial status.
Me too, but it was 30% off!My mom only offered a set amount, this went over it, but I paid the $80 difference because I liked it so much, haha.I think this'll be my next one:q6OfzTxrZYISWIez63WO.jpgIt's only $105 on the Fossil site, but I saw it for $140 at the Bay down the street. Probably about the same after conversion to Canadian and shipping and fitting.
I'm the same way, I've never had any interest in wearing a watch. I have interest in owning expensive ones though, for some reason.
I like it for the looks, more than the functionality, I suppose. However, it's also a huge pain in the ass to take my phone out of my pocket, since I have a big case on it. It always pulls my pocket out with it. I have the case because I'm paranoid of breaking another iPhone, lol.
I like it for the looks, more than the functionality, I suppose. However, it's also a huge pain in the ass to take my phone out of my pocket, since I have a big case on it. It always pulls my pocket out with it. I have the case because I'm paranoid of breaking another iPhone, lol.
I had the case for my last iPhone and didn't really feel like it did a very good job protecting the phone. Since I'm pretty careful with mine anyway, I didn't bother casing my 4 when I got it like 14 months ago, and it's in basically the same shape today that it was then. The glass panels are microscratched all over, sure, but with the retina display I don't even notice when the phone is in use.

Happy Bday Zach.That Bulova Watch is really nice.I pretty much can't wear watches anymore. My girlfriend bought me a really ugly watch when we first started dating. After I wore it for a bit, I told her that I find watches uncomfortable, and that's why i stopped wearing it. Now I can't buy a new watch though. Oh well, I've never really been a watch guy anyway.

Me too, but it was 30% off!My mom only offered a set amount, this went over it, but I paid the $80 difference because I liked it so much, haha.I think this'll be my next one:q6OfzTxrZYISWIez63WO.jpgIt's only $105 on the Fossil site, but I saw it for $140 at the Bay down the street. Probably about the same after conversion to Canadian and shipping and fitting.
Try to find an independent dealer (just your average small jewellery store) and haggle. They dont have a ton of room to haggle, but sometimes they are looking to get rid of certain models/whole line, and are willing to discount. Wont be a big deal on a $140 watch, but better than paying full price at the Bay.
I don't have the confidence or people skills to haggle.Ever tried to trade with me?
Ya. Pretty sure you got Grabner off of me, without ever asking. I have a feeling you'll walk into the store, ask how much for the watch, and they will just give it to you.Oh, and Happy Birthday Z. May you be one step closer to returning to Vegas. (June 3-12, 2012. just saying)

btw, I find the watch convo interesting, and not just cause of what I do.How do you go through life without a watch? When Im out of the house, I always have a watch on, and have since I was probably like 16, if not younger.I realize now everyone has the time on their phone, but I dont know. I guess its just that I was used to a watch before I ever had a phone.Funny thing is, I get the "uncomfortable" part, cause I never keep it on while relaxing at home. But feel weird without one on the rest of the time. (oh, and I wear nothing else but a watch. not a jewellery guy)

btw, I find the watch convo interesting, and not just cause of what I do.How do you go through life without a watch? When Im out of the house, I always have a watch on, and have since I was probably like 16, if not younger.I realize now everyone has the time on their phone, but I dont know. I guess its just that I was used to a watch before I ever had a phone.Funny thing is, I get the "uncomfortable" part, cause I never keep it on while relaxing at home. But feel weird without one on the rest of the time. (oh, and I wear nothing else but a watch. not a jewellery guy)
I've owned watches but I've never really felt comfortable with one on, ever. I've only really had a cell phone consistently for the last 7 years or so, not really sure what I did about knowing what time it was at a moment's notice before that but if you think about it you're really never that far away from a clock (home, car, any business, malls, work, computer, cable box, etc...)I think wearing a watch everyday or not is just habit, really.

I've got a box full of watches, it's one of my guilty pleasures: tag heuer, IWC, Fossil, Diesel, Bulova, a nice Tomas Szabo (that i got from Armen! Vegas Armen!), and a Hardcore by Steve Soffa, the guy that makes the WSOP bracelets.

• 2 months later...