• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

Greaseballs needs to get some of these guys into the last few.

Auston Matthews in 1 Game

Mikko Rantanen in 1 Game

Pavel Buchnevich up to 5 games

Jesper Bratt up to 9 games

So you have to ice your best lineup, but not if its your best players 10th game.

Does anyone else think thats a little strange?

(and yes, I get the strategy of why you do that, dont need explanation. Just think its funny where we decide to draw the line between tanking and setting your best lineup)

So you have to ice your best lineup, but not if its your best players 10th game.

Does anyone else think thats a little strange?

(and yes, I get the strategy of why you do that, dont need explanation. Just think its funny where we decide to draw the line between tanking and setting your best lineup)

Have to draw the line somewhere. One could argue that farm players shouldn't have to be called up at all because it states the team has the option.

I'd also argue a case where, say, you had 4 farm players all playing (and all would be part of your *best* lineup), you wouldn't have to play them all if it requires you to drop somebody (ie you only get 3 extra roster spaces).

We have tons of Toews and Aho rules but I love to see a rule where a guy like Auston Matthews can’t be left on the farm.

I see things different than most. If a player is a regular in the NHL with no chance of being sent back to junior he should be in the lineup. It’s hard to quantify that with border line players. But Auston Matthews has been a regular in the NHL for over a year and a half now.

I see things different than most. If a player is a regular in the NHL with no chance of being sent back to junior he should be in the lineup. It’s hard to quantify that with border line players. But Auston Matthews has been a regular in the NHL for over a year and a half now.

That's why we have the Toews Rule. What would be the point of forcing Greaseballs to call up Matthews? The ultimate goal is to win the championship, No?

That’s a good point. However I just feel that if a player is a regular and a very high end regular he shouldn’t be kept on farm.

In the real NHL there is no scenario where the Leafs would keep a player like Matthews in junior( or Europe) for contract manipulation purposes.

That’s a good point. However I just feel that if a player is a regular and a very high end regular he shouldn’t be kept on farm.

In the real NHL there is no scenario where the Leafs would keep a player like Matthews in junior( or Europe) for contract manipulation purposes.

How is that relevant? There is no Toews Rule in the NHL either. NHL teams manage their assets in the best interest of their team.* Isn't that what keeping Matthews on the farm is what Greaseballs is doing?

*Unless they are the Edmonton Oilers

Too much micromanaging from above creeping into these fantasy leagues. Some is certainly necessary, but we're getting dangerously close to taking it too far, if we haven't already.

It certainly reduces options and therefore effort required...which is a plus for some, I guess.

Are we going to allow Steelheads to post this lineup with 2 injured players ? Can really have a play in my playoff chances

The Big M's

Forwards

Nikita Kucherov (TBL)

Johnny Gaudreau (CGY)

Mark Scheifele (WPJ)

Evander Kane (BUF)

Henrik Zetterberg (DET)

Rick Nash (NYR)

Defense

Torey Krug (BOS)

Roman Josi (NSH)

Nate Schmidt (VGK)

Sami Vatanen (NJD)

Goalies

Goalies-A Carolina

Overtime Player

Nikita Kucherov (TBL)

Shortstackers

Forwards

Mark Stone (OTT)

Jason Zucker (MIN)

Viktor Arvidsson (NSH)

Mathew Barzal (NYI)

Evgeny Kuznetsov (WSH)

Teuvo Teravainen (CAR)

Defense

Matthew Dumba (MIN)

Alex Goligoski (ARI)

Dustin Byfuglien (WPJ)

Will Butcher (NJD)

Goalies

Goalies-B Nashville

Overtime Player

Mathew Barzal (NYI)

Are we going to allow Steelheads to post this lineup with 2 injured players ? Can really have a play in my playoff chances

I pointed this out on Slack like a week ago when he had injured players in against Bob (and in a DM on Slack to Chris 2 days earlier). He had guys in who hadn't played in weeks, with replacements available on the bench.

The Eichel injury occured Feb 10 and his 6-8 week timeline was announced the next day. It's not asking too much to be at least aware that your top player is gone for 2 months. I get it if it's a random mid-level guy... or a guy's status is unclear, but he's already dressed him in a game where he didn't play. You can't be unaware of it anymore.

I'd also argue a case where, say, you had 4 farm players all playing (and all would be part of your *best* lineup), you wouldn't have to play them all if it requires you to drop somebody (ie you only get 3 extra roster spaces).

This is also true.

I pointed this out on Slack like a week ago when he had injured players in against Bob (and in a DM on Slack to Chris 2 days earlier). He had guys in who hadn't played in weeks, with replacements available on the bench.

The Eichel injury occured Feb 10 and his 6-8 week timeline was announced the next day. It's not asking too much to be at least aware that your top player is gone for 2 months. I get it if it's a random mid-level guy... or a guy's status is unclear, but he's already dressed him in a game where he didn't play. You can't be unaware of it anymore.

Well it’s been changed. Thank you Chris , Bob

• Like 1

While Boone Jenner is an albatross if a franchise player. If he scores 2 goals today and leads me to survivor win, it’s all worth it.

• Like 1