A H L Discussion

I asked about adding this to the new site and basically got told to **** off and do my own research.

Don't feel bad, I kind of got told same thing today, but then the post was erased. :)

• Like 1
  • Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

"Any player dropped will not be available to be picked up for a period of 7 days."

Apparently this rule is not accurate, I missed out on a player and missed out on my high standing on the pick up chart because of the confusion around this... just sayin'.

So if I am understanding The Aho Rule correctly... does say William Nylander apply? I kept him on the team this year... I have the option of signing him to a 5 year contract at his drafted salary?

"Any player dropped will not be available to be picked up for a period of 7 days."

Apparently this rule is not accurate, I missed out on a player and missed out on my high standing on the pick up chart because of the confusion around this... just sayin'.

everything to do with the pickups was linked to from the pick up thread in the AHL forum including the change to players being available as long as they were dropped before the Saturday. I know that isn't good but there is both a large post in the forum and a link to that post in the current year's pick up thread.

So if I am understanding The Aho Rule correctly... does say William Nylander apply? I kept him on the team this year... I have the option of signing him to a 5 year contract at his drafted salary?

Aho rule is not in effect this season and there is nothing about 5 years involved. Take 5 years totally out of your thinking. That was a previous proposal.

Nylander is just a regular player this year.

The Aho Rule basically puts the player in the same place later on if they're called up in their rookie season as a player left on the farm until forced to be called up by the Toews Rule.

Rookie is 50 cents and you call him up.

You have options on what to do with that player at end of season.

1. Sign him for 2 years at 50 cents

2. Sign him for 1 year at 50 cents and he will be a regular player the next season for signing purposes

3. Sign him like a regular player for 3 years at whatever tier increase he is. (This will happen for players who you might want to make your Franchise Player or a player who is 75 cents, 75 cents, 75 cents for example.

4. Drop the player.

everything to do with the pickups was linked to from the pick up thread in the AHL forum including the change to players being available as long as they were dropped before the Saturday. I know that isn't good but there is both a large post in the forum and a link to that post in the current year's pick up thread.

Thanks Bob, I should clarify... I am the one not reading the rules or forum correctly! It was totally my fault for not paying attention... I should have just made the request just in case... sorry if that post came off like a little beootch!

Good luck tonight, John. Looks like you've got your A lineup. I have you as a ~1-goal favorite.

Good luck Zach. I'm treating this as a Game 7

Is your game 7 lineup that bad? It's a 6-game night. Mine is a garbage fire too. Lol.

It could be my worst lineup ever. Its so bad, I haven't even posted it yet

Justin Bailey is my OT and probably my only player above .25 AHL PPG

Not looking good. Down 1 with Sequin the only guy with a decent amount of action left. I do have OT for what that is worth

Zach has Toffoli whose games hasn't started yet.

I think I need at least a couple of goals against Nashville in 3rd to have a shot

Montreal goal against Nashville. I think we are tied

My count has me with OT. Sequin over Kuznetsov 2 to 1. Karlsson and Stone where shut out

Ah ****, I forgot how OT worked in the playoffs. This league man, can never keep track of the infinity rule variations.

Not sure what you are talking about. It has always been this way

This OT and possible shootout in MTL NAS game is huge. I need to fade Arvidson as well

I just became the biggest Carey Price fan on the planet