Mick Gault is slated to become the most medaled athlete in Commonwealth Games history as a pistol shooter. Right now, he is limited to shooting Air Pistol because his home country banned all other target pistols.Mr. Gault provides commentary:Mick-gault05-4px.jpg

Gault:Well I'd just like to add in Great Britain we're having a hard time at the moment. We've only got the air pistols left you know, they took away our two-twos and center fires, but we're making the best of a bad thing. But I think everybody else has to be on the guard against political things, to keep them from what they did to us. We've got to be careful of politicians taking our rights away, which is basically which is what is happening to us in Great Britain. It's a great shame really. But there is a move to try and get the two-two's back but I don't know if that will ever happen. Probably not in my lifetime anyway. I mean a lot of the goings on, the Dunblaine thing a few years, the Dunblaine atrocity I should say, has been made a secret for 100 years. Which is longer than NATO secrets or official secrets. Which basically insures everybody involved or whatever is going to be well dead and gone before the government decisions will be revealed, why they actually did what they did. 100 years is a long time.
I love it when people who want to ban this gun, or that gun, make the case that this time, it's final. Once they ban these particular guns, they're after no others and 'hunters and sportsmen' have nothing to worry about. On this issue, there's very little ideological gray area. The people who want to ban a particular form of gun usually wouldn't have any hesitation to just ban them all... They're aware that there's little political maneuvering room to do that, though, so they aim for the margins and attack the smallest groups of gun owners they can. Here in the states, it's people who own AR15's, or maybe the Big 50's... In England, it was people licensed to own handguns. Wait for some dramatic tragedy, hitch your philosophical wagon to those coffins and ride it to knee-jerk political nirvana, advancing the broader agenda one step further. Once the line in the sand has been reset forward, rinse and repeat the same old case again... You're not out for "all" guns... Just "those" guns... and again... and again... and again... It's grotesque. It makes me sick to think that one of the worlds champion marksmen is shit on like this. If Mr. Gault wins these medals, I hope he ships them all to the ******* politicians that screwed him with a hearty note of piss off.We should accept him into the US as a political refugee so he can shoot on our teams.

But guns kill people.If we didn't have guns, no one would ever die.There would be no armed robbery, if we just removed the armsThe time for having a well armed militia is over, how are you going to stand against a tank with your musket?Not having guns has resulted in almost no crime in both Great Britain and the former Soviet Union states.If we didn't have gun laws, then people would be shooting waitresses for messing up their orders.What about the kids?

But guns kill people.If we didn't have guns, no one would ever die.There would be no armed robbery, if we just removed the armsThe time for having a well armed militia is over, how are you going to stand against a tank with your musket?Not having guns has resulted in almost no crime in both Great Britain and the former Soviet Union states.If we didn't have gun laws, then people would be shooting waitresses for messing up their orders.What about the kids?
All true.DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!
Rona
That's the HYATT REGENCY O'HARE-ROSEMONT, IL.They used to have a really large balloon convention there.There was a large sculpture competition that I helped with one year where we made this life size elephant floatingfoto.jpgThe ears flapped, the tail swung around and the eyes opened and closed.This lady Kelly designed it, she was talented.
The slippery slope was the nickname of this Vietnamese half back on a rival high school's football team. Name was Nguyen, shockingly enough.
Oh, dear...lolAnd that British dude could always go shooting in France, no? It's not far away and the food is light years better...

In terms of stuff like hunting and shooting there may well be some revision of the laws that labour brought in over the last 12 years now that the tories are back in power but I don't know how much the lib dems will go along with that and there is a bigger focus on cutting the budget right now anyway.When it comes to weapons I think there is more interest in what happens to trident and the proposed new aircraft carriers than pirvate gun ownership.

Once upon a time in another life, I actually had a State Arms .50. The moment I saw that video, I knew it was varmint shooting being misrepresented. That's what little animals do against super high velocity, tumbling-and-fragmenting bullets. At a campout in Crystal River, Florida, we thought it would be interesting to see just what the .50 would do so it was used to fell that nights dinner, with the contingency that if it totally decimated it, we had a backup plan. The result was significant, but anti-climactic and now where near what a .220 swift does to a prairie dog. I used regular ball ammo and the tissue destruction wasn't worse than when I loaded up 125gr NBT's into a 300 WM. So, yeah, unlike 99% of .50 owners, I've actually seen what they do against game. Significant, but not like that. It does what you'd expect from an anti-light material rifle against tissue.