Does A Gop Win In November Mean A 2nd Obama Term?

In the 1994 mid terms, Newt and the GOP had their way....things got better....and 2 years later Clinton was re-elected.Is a similar situation looming? In November the GOP will no doubt pick up many seats...and things will likely get better or improve, however slightly, from where they are today by 2012 (it likely would have headed that way anyway regardless).So if this plays out, and the GOP gains, and things get better, and the current conservative/tea party sails go limp or at least die down from today's frenzied state, and Obama and the faithful media machine spin and take credit for all the improvements in whatever manner, then.........????????

I don't think the GOP will in November will have much influence on the 2012 election. I think the general state of the economy and the public's perception of the general state of the economy will be the real decisive factor. If unemployment is at 8 and falling, and we are recovering steadily without too many bumps, then Obama has a good shot. If not, he's pretty much toast (unless the Republicans decide to run, well, almost anyone I can think of, cause so many of them are unelectable).

If the R's win enough seats to keep the Democrats worst ideas in check, then the economy has a chance to start to recover, and yes, it could lead to four more years of Obama -- especially since the R's seem determined to nominate some idiot like Romney or Palin. (In fact, if they nominate either of those two, Obama wins no matter what the economy is).People have short memories. If, by 2012, Obama has not signed anymore harmful legislation, people might think the status quo is not too bad.

I like what H says.But I'm not sure he is right and here's why.Since H.W. Bush, this country as a whole has voted more for conservatives/republicans than democrats every year except this last one.Clinton split the vote twice, but he never gained enough votes to come close to winning had Perot been out of the race either time.Bush won twice, the first time, defeating a "popular" president's veep, in a pretty good economy ( heading down though but from a big high so not as bad ).The second time, after a non stop barrage of negative ratings hung on his neck, a willing media painting him as a buffoon, and a very unpopular war, yet he won this one also.Obama should have won by such a land slide that he could declare a mandate to change the name of the country if he wanted too.Bad economy, bad war, people tired of republican leadership after 8 years of media lies, and we ran a guy who no one on our side really like. We respect him, and he's good enough for Arizona, but the rest of the country? We didn't trust him.Obama was a good looking, well spoken man speaking of hope and change, his color gave him a historic aura, and the dem party was only stuck with figuring out how to get rid of Hillary and whomever they ran should have walked in.Obama didn't impress with his winning numbers. I think the American people don't want democrats in the White House . History has shown it.All it takes is for the republicans to run a positive race, with a clear focused agenda. And money.

Since H.W. Bush, this country as a whole has voted more for conservatives/republicans than democrats every year except this last one.
Obama didn't impress with his winning numbers.
These two statements are incorrect.
These two statements are incorrect.
Votes for Democrats have been <votes for republicans ( add Perot twice ) since Carter.So first statement is true.Obama should have had Reagenesque numbers, McCain had more votes than Clinton ever did.But the second statement is more belief than absolute truth, so I retract it.
Votes for Democrats have been <votes for republicans ( add Perot twice ) since Carter.
Are we talking about the President? Because George W Bush got less votes than Gore. No one disputes this.
Are we talking about the President? Because George W Bush got less votes than Gore. No one disputes this.
All those wasted votes in California and New York didn't help him did they?I have a theory that gives me hope, your silly little attempts at disproving it are not strong enough to break my armor. So back off college boy.
I have a theory that gives me hope, your silly little attempts at disproving it are not strong enough to break my armor. So back off college boy.
I'm not sure, but your theory may still hold if you take President + Gubernatorial votes. There have been a lot of Republican governors, even in blue states.
I'm not sure, but your theory may still hold if you take President + Gubernatorial votes. There have been a lot of Republican governors, even in blue states.
All studies say that America lives its life more conservative than it votes.I just wish it would vote right like me. Except when I gamble my vote with transplants in the tundra of Canadian wilderness that is.
All studies say that America lives its life more conservative than it votes.I just wish it would vote right like me. Except when I gamble my vote with transplants in the tundra of Canadian wilderness that is.
Actually I think americans are more Ideologocally conservative, but operationally liberal.For example, I am disgusted by abortion, but if Ihad a fourteen year old girl who got pregnant by rape, and she begged to terminate, I couldnt see myself forcing her to have the kid.
Actually I think americans are more Ideologocally conservative, but operationally liberal.For example, I am disgusted by abortion, but if Ihad a fourteen year old girl who got pregnant by rape, and she begged to terminate, I couldnt see myself forcing her to have the kid.
i thought you can't force her to have the kids? or am i wrong about that? i remember hearing something about this.
If the R's win enough seats to keep the Democrats worst ideas in check, then the economy has a chance to start to recover, and yes, it could lead to four more years of Obama