Degenerate Gambling

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not clutch.

Glad you won! I'll probably be scalin back the volume for the playoffs, since I never feel too confident on short slates, but we'll see how I feel about my lineup once the weekend rolls around.   Af

At the Pens practice facility and Rick Tochett ends up standing next to me. It took every ounce of self control to not engage him in a conversation about the Rick Tochett Experience.

Posted Images

Hernandez, Felix SEA ® P LAA ® -172 7 In Domed Stadium $11,200 22.89 2.04 olineup-remove.pngolineup-lock.pngStrasburg, Stephen WAS ® P @PHI ® -235 8 Wind 5 MPH L-R $9,800 20.16 2.06 olineup-remove.pngolineup-lock.pngBarnhart, Tucker B CIN C @SF ® 138 7.5 Wind 14 MPH Out $2,100 8.31 3.96 olineup-remove.pngolineup-lock.pngRosario, Wilin R COL 1B @LAD (L) 214 7.5 Wind 6 MPH Out $2,700 8.43 3.12 olineup-remove.pngolineup-lock.pngAltuve, Jose R HOU 2B @TEX (L) 108 8.5 Wind 12 MPH In $4,500 10.09 2.24 olineup-remove.pngolineup-lock.pngSandoval, Pablo B BOS 3B @BAL ® 126 8.5 Wind 1 MPH Out $3,200 7.96 2.49 olineup-remove.pngolineup-lock.pngCorrea, Carlos R HOU SS @TEX (L) 108 8.5 Wind 12 MPH In $5,000 8.83 1.77 olineup-remove.pngolineup-lock.pngSpringer, George R HOU OF @TEX (L) 108 8.5 Wind 12 MPH In $4,500 10.45 2.32 olineup-remove.pngolineup-lock.pngTrout, Mike R LAA OF @SEA ® 158 7 In Domed Stadium $4,200 10.22 2.43 olineup-remove.pngolineup-lock.pngVan Slyke, Scott R LAD OF COL (L) -235 7.5 Wind 6 MPH Out $2,600 9.07 3.49

So you can create free or money leagues private for your friends to join...Lets do this its fun...

I will create a game for Sunday's NFL..Lets all play for bragging rights..As the season goes along and NHL starts we can play for money if you guys like..

Just give me your DraftKings name and I will invite you..If you dont have an account yet please join with my referral( send me your email) we both get bonus..

You guys are crazy! You will not win at DFS. Playing DFS is kind of like playing in a tourney on Stars, if everyone saw the same flop/turn/river, the top players got to enter the tournament 500 separate times (with the opportunity to separate/correlate their entries as much as they chose).

Put another way, imagine if the best poker players in the world were able to design bots to put 500 entries in a tournament, were able to customize those bots every day, had enormous amounts of data on every one of their opponents, AND the opponents did not act dynamically (for instance, in a poker tournament, a tiny shift in one hand might give chips to an idiot like me and knock out a top player at a table, having a huge and unpredictable effect on the later tournament, whereas in baseball, an unlikely Yankees 1-outer with 2 outs in the 9th inning has no effect on the Cubs game).

I...would not enter that kind of poker tournament. With all due respect to some of the smartest sports people I know, the odds against any of us winning with any significance over any period of time on DFS are astoundingly low.

Obviously that isn't to say you guys shouldn't play. Spend your entertainment dollars however the hell you want. All that is me suggesting that things are going to need to change if the industry is going to ever really get the foothold that the advertising dollars suggest is the future. I think I'm in the minority of people who would say that DFS, at least in anything similar to its current form, will still be significant to the public in a few years. Will just be interesting to see how the leagues back out and/or reverse their position given they have so publicly backed something that has all (and more) of the ill effects and problems that has always been their arguments against more typical forms of gambling.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-10/you-aren-t-good-enough-to-win-money-playing-daily-fantasy-football

This a first, I completely agree with dannnyg

Not true! I loved your pro-line strategums. So this is the second time...

The thing is...

The guys playing 500 times a day aren't playing low limit.

Are you referring to DFS or poker? The pros aren't playing low limit poker of course, but I'd imagine they are playing low limit DFS.

Disclosure: I only know the very generalities of how DFS works - I don't know what games/tourneys/etc they run or anything.

I'm referring to DFS. You really think guys are dedicating the time it takes to enter hundreds of rosters for low limits? I suspect many of these guys dedicate hours a day and it's likely their job, or at least a major source of their income, so I doubt they're entering low limit events.

I'm referring to DFS. You really think guys are dedicating the time it takes to enter hundreds of rosters for low limits? I suspect many of these guys dedicate hours a day and it's likely their job, or at least a major source of their income, so I doubt they're entering low limit events.

Hmm, I don't know enough about how DFS works to answer this. Does the "price" of a player change between games/tournaments offered on a certain day? Does the scoring change? I would have assumed that once you had all the inputs for the model on any given day, it would be effectively no extra work to enter all of that day's events (if they were sport-specific).

But yeah, if there is a tournament with different set-up/scoring/etc and only has low limits, I think it is fair to assume that the high-level guys aren't entering it just for kicks. TIme is money.

If you're only referring to the time it takes to actually enter rosters, I'd be shocked if they didn't have programs to do that.

I relate winning in these drafts are like the weekly proline pools. There's a bunch of groups and individual guys who will "invest" $2400 weekly and box a bunch of games, normally these are the ones who win.

BUT, once a year there's that one guy who listened to his daughters picks for $5 and flukes it off.

You pretty much need a crazy week where off the wall things happen that the computer could not predict.

For $5-$25 its worth it because you never know.

1 question do you get to see everyone's picks before the games start?

I relate winning in these drafts are like the weekly proline pools. There's a bunch of groups and individual guys who will "invest" $2400 weekly and box a bunch of games, normally these are the ones who win.

BUT, once a year there's that one guy who listened to his daughters picks for $5 and flukes it off.

You pretty much need a crazy week where off the wall things happen that the computer could not predict.

For $5-$25 its worth it because you never know.

1 question do you get to see everyone's picks before the games start?

You dont get to see the picks until the game goes off and lineups are locked.

Well it depends if you're in a draft with 10,000 other people or if you're heads up against 1 other person...or somewhere in between.

I think you can see the percentage of teams that have chosen an individual player beforehand, but I don't think you can view specific picks until the deadline has passed. I may be wrong.

Travelling this morning so just catching up on this discussion:

-seeing players: your entry is locked as soon as the first game starts. You can change any player in any game that hasn't started even after entries are locked. So my roster locked at 7:05 but I can change players in my lineups in any of the late games. You can NOT see any info on any opponents picks until that game has started. So I can see a guys lineup at 705 but if he has Kershaw as one of his pitchers I won't see that until th dodger game starts. Same with field percentages. That being said you can often figure out who a guy has in the late games by totalling his lineup spend up to that point, see what he has left, and make a reasonable guess as to who might be in his last games. This becomes important if you're trying to catch someone ahead of you, since if you have the same player you can't catch them. So sharp players change their late game players right up to the first pitch of the late games

-on where the pros play: they are in all the big guarantee fields which is usually the $20-$30 range. That's where their edge is. Max entries per player are capped. So a guy like Peter Jennings would have had the max 500 $20 entries in last nights milly maker.

-th best players have programs. Those programs will run their data and produce a spreadsheet with essentially thousands of potential lineups from the best projection to th worst. The spread sheets are directly importable into draft kings. No work. Just a couple of clicks.

holy cow.

whats the rake for a private group?

no rake if you run a free tourney obviously and settle up after..But I would think the same rake as regular tourneys for cash play