The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

What better time to start a thread about the great Philadelphia Flyers.Richards , Gagne, Pronger, JVR , Leighton and the boys.Lets ride this amazing comeback all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals...GO FLYERS GO...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and this useless f*cker calls ME a troll...nice to see you keep adding your valuable contributions to the hockey forum dickhead.
excuse me..What the hell did i do..I did a search and there is no Philly thread..
and this useless f*cker calls ME a troll...nice to see you keep adding your valuable contributions to the hockey forum dickhead.
There are lots of reasons to have problems with Serge's posts in the forum.Up to now this thread isn't one of them as long as he keeps this a Philly thread and not a bash Montreal thread.Please read what I just wrote Serge.
There are lots of reasons to have problems with Serge's posts in the forum.Up to now this thread isn't one of them as long as he keeps this a Philly thread and not a bash Montreal thread.Please read what I just wrote Serge.
of course got itSort of like warning the manager of the team that just got beaned in the head..Dont worry there was no mention of there will be no mention of the other team.
GO PHILLY GO!!! THEY ARE MY FAVOURITE TEAM EVER. YESSSS GOOOOOO FLYERS!!!!
Just had some Philadelphia Cream cheese for breakfast..I am really excited about the game tomorrow.Going into the next round after that amazing comeback , they feel like they cant lose
Just had some Philadelphia Cream cheese for breakfast..I am really excited about the game tomorrow.Going into the next round after that amazing comeback , they feel like they cant lose
This team has the ultimate underdog story. It has all the makings of a fairy tale. They have the greatest fans ever as well. They are so passionate. I love Philadelphia.
This team has the ultimate underdog story. It has all the makings of a fairy tale. They have the greatest fans ever as well. They are so passionate. I love Philadelphia.
This is extremely true..They are a great sports city, with passionate fans and an amazing history..I have been to Philly on two occasions and its a wonderful city with a lot of amazing stuff.I think I have shared this story before but I am going to again:About 10 years ago I won a fantasy hockey pool that the Hockey News was running. My prize was a trip to Philadelphia to watch the Leafs play. All expenses paid, hotel, flight and tickets to game.Me and my buddy Darrell went and it was a blast. The people in Philadelphia were amazing and the nicest people you will meet. I have been to games in Ottawa,Montreal,Buffalo and Philadelphia. All for Leafs games wearing my Leafs sweater and going crazy...Philadelphia was the place that we were treated with respect and dignity..The experience there was way better than the other 3 cities.We were almost thrown out of Montreal, because we cheered when the Leafs scored..In Ottawa the fans were extremely rude...Buffalo, didnt matter as everyone was a Leafs fan anyway.The amazing history that the Flyers have with the Broad Street Bullies, two Stanley Cups back to back is stuff that is part of hockey history.Everyone talks about the Flyers opposition as the team of destiny, but the Flyers are obviously the team of destiny here.It doesnt get any more closer than what the Flyers have done..Making the playoffs at the absolute last minute of the season by winning a shootout vs the Rangers. Beating the heavily favoured Devils with world class hall of fame goalie Marty Brodeur in net...Then they top it off with one of the greatest comebacks in sports history down 3-0 to the Bruins and then 3-0 in game 7..The team of destiny, the team with history and the team that came into the league in 1967(good year)...LETS GO PHILLY
Have the Flyers at 22/1 to win the cup.
When did you bet them? I am guessing after the first round.
Before the trade deadline...was hoping they would pick up a goalie.
looks like they did..on waivers...lolIts such a great story if he takes to team to the finals..

Go Philly go! woooooooooooooooooooo!And not just because they are playing the habs...Ok, mostly because they are playing the Habs. Although, if they won the cup, it would be one of the most incredible underdog success stories in the history of professional sports.

For what it's worth, this post is probably more offensive than any of Serge's angry tirades. Thanks for your valuable contribution.
Go Philly go! woooooooooooooooooooo!And not just because they are playing the habs...Ok, mostly because they are playing the Habs. Although, if they won the cup, it would be one of the most incredible underdog success stories in the history of professional sports.
I think it would be a bigger underdog story if the Habs won. If you didn't hate them you'd probably think so too.
I think it would be a bigger underdog story if the Habs won. If you didn't hate them you'd probably think so too.
Montreal's story would be great, I don't disagree. Knocking off the presidents cup winner, then knocking off the defending cup champs, while winning 5 straight elimination games is pretty incredible. however,Philly made the playoffs by winning a shootout in the final game of the regular season. Then they dismantled one of the stanley cup favourites in the first round. Then they fell behind 3-0 in round two. They crawled back to even the series at 3 games. Then they fell behind 3-0 in game 7, and came back to win that game 4-3. Philly is slightly ahead in the cinderella sweepstakes right now, in my opinion.
Montreal's story would be great, I don't disagree. Knocking off the presidents cup winner, then knocking off the defending cup champs, while winning 5 straight elimination games is pretty incredible. however,Philly made the playoffs by winning a shootout in the final game of the regular season. Then they dismantled one of the stanley cup favourites in the first round. Then they fell behind 3-0 in round two. They crawled back to even the series at 3 games. Then they fell behind 3-0 in game 7, and came back to win that game 4-3. Philly is slightly ahead in the cinderella sweepstakes right now, in my opinion.
The only thing I disagree with here is that New Jersey was one of the Stanley cup favourites.
Philadelphia Cheese Steaks, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Rocky, JVR, AI, friendship, this city is best city ever!!!!
And the former Capital.
JVR
you traded him for the FCHL championship, remember? you can't celebrate him anymore.
For what it's worth, this post is probably more offensive than any of Serge's angry tirades. Thanks for your valuable contribution.
maybe I'm just desensitized to serge's rants, but I felt the same wayif he had found some way to include the phrase "eat a cow" I might have reacted differently