I'm good with that point system. I'd actually prefer 1 point for K's, but seems like I'm all alone in that respect, and I'll be cool with whatever you guys decide.
ya, I kinda get why 2pts for a K seems like a lot.Im good with the majority decision, which seems to be the proposal above.
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have a decision on this pitching thing?Tomorrow the sun rises on opening day for the inaugural season of the FCPBL. It is a very exciting day for all owners.Hearty and competitive good luck to all of you.

woot, opening day!I'll put the two scoring systems to a vote in the FCPBL forums (Dale's and Dale's with 1pt/K). I'm still firmly on the 2/K side, because I think anything else really takes away from the benefit people originally paid for. But we have a few votes here for 1/K, so I'll put it up too. Links coming...

Polls are up:http://fcpbl.activeboard.com/index.spark?a...opicID=35161074http://fcpbl.activeboard.com/index.spark?a...opicID=35161105I encourage everyone to vote, as soon as possible.If it is getting close to game-time, I will post the scoring system to be used for today only (likely Dale's), pending poll results. Hopefully we can get enough votes in to make the decision based on that instead.

A couple votes in already, let's try to get at a few more in.Early games today, don't forget to set your lineup!I'm so excited. Never thought I'd be scouring rotoworld to see if Felix Pie is playing, or if Conor Jackson or Brett Gardner are getting a platoon-sit.Dubey - if Nick wants to email me or Steve his votes, we'll make sure they are counted. He should really sign up to the forum(s) though!

voted.went majority on both as well it would seem.I dont mind the consideration of turning K into just 1pt, but I think that should be considered in the offseason.Im fine with the mentality that this is a bit of a trial season when it comes to scoring, and the committee might have to consider more changes in the offseason.good work again guys!

A couple votes in already, let's try to get at a few more in.Early games today, don't forget to set your lineup!I'm so excited. Never thought I'd be scouring rotoworld to see if Felix Pie is playing, or if Conor Jackson or Brett Gardner are getting a platoon-sit.Dubey - if Nick wants to email me or Steve his votes, we'll make sure they are counted. He should really sign up to the forum(s) though!
Yeah I've been kind of keeping Nick updated. He is signed up to the fcpbl forum, and has posted a couple times. The only problem is he can't get on the internet at all at work. He set his lineup for today's games last night, but he wouldn't have seen the Poll in time to make a vote. He is coming over to my place right after work tonight for my weekly poker game, so I'll send him to my computer to make his votes as soon as he gets there.

It's funny how fast we get attached to our players. I had never heard of most of my guys before last week and Im already loving Colby Rasmus!

Yeah I've been kind of keeping Nick updated. He is signed up to the fcpbl forum, and has posted a couple times. The only problem is he can't get on the internet at all at work. He set his lineup for today's games last night, but he wouldn't have seen the Poll in time to make a vote. He is coming over to my place right after work tonight for my weekly poker game, so I'll send him to my computer to make his votes as soon as he gets there.
Awesome. Didn't realize he was signed up to the FCPBL forums, that's certainly enough.We're 7-0 on the new proposal, so we will use that for today's scoring. We'll probably have enough votes to change the rules permanently before game-time - I may or may not get to that before tonight.Thanks everyone for voting.Also, a big thanks to...everyone. The discussion about this was fantastic. Everyone was respectful, insightful, and genuinely concerned about the league, as opposed to their own welfare. This is going to be a great league for a long time.Double-points to Dale for coming up with the new scoring system, and Quality Starts idea. I'm giving you back the 50 points that were deducted for starting a thread in the baseball forum :club: Early games today - everyone make sure your lineup is set, and your EI player choice is posted (unless you're using the default).
It's funny how fast we get attached to our players. I had never heard of most of my guys before last week and Im already loving Colby Rasmus!
I'm already hating Alberto Callaspo!0-4 last night, 2 GIDP, 1 K, 9 LOB. Apparently I love the Indians though...Sizemore/Cabrera/Valbuena. Go Tribe!
Awesome. Didn't realize he was signed up to the FCPBL forums, that's certainly enough.We're 7-0 on the new proposal, so we will use that for today's scoring. We'll probably have enough votes to change the rules permanently before game-time - I may or may not get to that before tonight.Thanks everyone for voting.Also, a big thanks to...everyone. The discussion about this was fantastic. Everyone was respectful, insightful, and genuinely concerned about the league, as opposed to their own welfare. This is going to be a great league for a long time.Double-points to Dale for coming up with the new scoring system, and Quality Starts idea. I'm giving you back the 50 points that were deducted for starting a thread in the baseball forum :club: Early games today - everyone make sure your lineup is set, and your EI player choice is posted (unless you're using the default).
:ts

This is going to cut into my Masters watching time tomorrow and Sunday. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet.I'm very excited for tonight though. Good luck Bobbleheads!